2019-2020 Hockey Thread

1 hour ago, muskymatt said:

Harpur, Ceci from Ottawa

Spezza a laff as well...…….?

And you laffites think you are better ??????

?

Dumbas and Shanny have succeeded to make the laffs worse.....

lmao zaitsev brown and hainsey...one mans trash is another mans treasure?

love seeing dubas absolutely fleece sakic on the barrie deal...i have no idea what he was thinking?

Kadri for kadri (kerfoot) and then we will give you barrie and retain half of his salary? Dubas must have showed sakic how to snapchat or fixed his printer for him or something. Maybe he showed him how to block ads on youtube.

Edited by AKRISONER

1 minute ago, AKRISONER said:

lmao zaitsev brown and hainsey...one mans trash is another mans treasure?

Brown is supposed to be a decent player feom what i hear. He didn't get much of a chance to play for the laffs is what I hear.

Harpur is slow and basically a pylon

Ceci is slow, won't hit and has no shot

Spezza is well past his prime, can still win faceoffs, that's it.

The Sens gave up nothing.......absolutely nothing.

So if only Brown works out, Sens will be ahead. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

Brown is supposed to be a decent player feom what i hear. He didn't get much of a chance to play for the laffs is what I hear.

he regularly played with matthews when he first joined.

wanna talk about a guy who cant score lol ceci is better than zaitsev and doesnt have a contract after next year...it was about the money not the player.

spezza is a hell of a 4th liner lol which has already been confirmed, that he will be playing 4th centre for league minimum salary...thats a hell of a pick up.

It's always interesting to me that players that "suck" while they're Leafs can magically have talent even before they put on a Sens jersey. LOL That's some solid reasoning skills right there. Ottawa has become a dumping site for when Toronto wants to get rid of dead wood and clean up cap space. Since the players the Leafs don't need are already better than the ones they have, it makes good sense. The previous year's standings don't lie.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

he regularly played with matthews when he first joined.

wanna talk about a guy who cant score lol ceci is better than zaitsev and doesnt have a contract after next year...it was about the money not the player.

spezza is a hell of a 4th liner lol which has already been confirmed, that he will be playing 4th centre for league minimum salary...thats a hell of a pick up.

And centering the second PP unit.

Brown is a good complimentary player, he needs someone strong to pull him up to be a good player, if not he is average.

I like how they got out from zaitsevs contract, but don't like how they apparently are paying Ceci the same as him... Even for a year, that is too much for Ceci, I'd like to see him at 3.5 or less.

I will definitely miss Kadri, but not his stupidity.

My only concern is what happens after this season? Say they don't go deep, and need to re sign Barrie, Muzzin etc... Are some of the Marlies ready to take the step up and fill those slots? Because I don't know we can afford the luxuries we currently have on our roster once they're free agents. Barrie will get 7+ easy... Muzzin probably the same.

38 minutes ago, leaf4 said:

Muzzin probably the same.

Might get flak for this,but he did not show his money worth for me. He had a few shining moments,but he looked sloppy more then he shined. Maybe trying to hard to impress the coach and the fans.

Edited by misfish

Muzzin is nothing special. Leafs will have issues with the back end in 2019-2020 season. Don't expect miracles with D being paid 800K a year hoping that they will blossom. The first pairing of muzzin and reilly are really second line pairings on better teams.  It will be fun to see how this plays out come the regular season.

image.png.d969a51d95d7f12031d516f72cd4806e.png

Edited by Squid

apparently norris candidates arent in the top 60 d men in the league...news to me!

Dubas is a wiz, hes bolstered the bottom end of the roster while also adding more pieces to the D and depth. Also we finally have some right handed shots, and an actual shooter on the point now.

15 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

apparently norris candidates arent in the top 60 d men in the league...news to me!

Dubas is a wiz, hes bolstered the bottom end of the roster while also adding more pieces to the D and depth. Also we finally have some right handed shots, and an actual shooter on the point now.

And most importantly CAP SPACE!!!!  ;)

I did an actual, real life lol at the Rielly/ Muzzin comment.

We'll see what Hainsey's plus/ minus is next season, lol. He sucks but he won't have the offense to pad his stats anymore.

I love Spezza at $700k, that's a smart move. He'll be kinda like Marleau, great with the kids but produce and work more and for about $6M less.

I hope Liljegren, Rosen and Sandin get their feet wet early in the season. You've gotta see if they sink or swim and I think one or two of the Swedes will develop into gems.

I think things are looking great. I can't wait until October.

On 7/8/2019 at 10:56 PM, chris.brock said:

I did an actual, real life lol at the Rielly/ Muzzin comment.

We'll see what Hainsey's plus/ minus is next season, lol. He sucks but he won't have the offense to pad his stats anymore.

I love Spezza at $700k, that's a smart move. He'll be kinda like Marleau, great with the kids but produce and work more and for about $6M less.

I hope Liljegren, Rosen and Sandin get their feet wet early in the season. You've gotta see if they sink or swim and I think one or two of the Swedes will develop into gems.

I think things are looking great. I can't wait until October.

I think Rosen went in the Kadri deal, didn't he?