2019-2020 Hockey Thread

23 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

The Leaf's are already paying many people lots of money for not having done anything yet. I'm guessing that Marner's family just want him to get paid lots of money for not having done anything yet as well!?

HH

Isn't that the truth! In the "real" world, we prove ourselves FIRST and then the money follows. In sports they throw money at them in case they turn out good so no one else gets them. lol 

O.K. folks talk hockey and about the teams. You can express your opinions that you hold DO NOT EXPRESS OPINIONS ON THERE OPINIONS  if you need clarification send me a P.M. I am really tired of this crap that some of you are expressing about others opinions and the bickering back and forth. I now ask if you disagree with someone to the point that you are going to insult them the simply block them. Bickering and fighting opinions will now get you into the penalty box automatic 1 week suspension from the site. I am tired of refereeing adults and if you do not have the self control to follow the rules then I will help you. 

Final warning if you think this might be addressed to you it most likely is. 

Art

3 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

In the "real" world, we prove ourselves FIRST and then the money follows

They do nothing to improve or contribute to the work force.

WE DO.

I am worth 1,000,000 a year,but they wont write up the contract. My agent says, ask for a trade. Oh wait,I have one. LOL

22 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Acquire a couple somewhat competent D Men with a bad attitude and a short fuse and Dubas is a God.

Attitude yes,short fuse,well NO.  We don't need guys in the box,we need guys that will defend,and put CLEAN hurts on. They need to be TOUGH. Sadly, today's bringing up in this game ,they don't seem to be teaching this anymore.

1 hour ago, misfish said:

Attitude yes,short fuse,well NO.  We don't need guys in the box,we need guys that will defend,and put CLEAN hurts on. They need to be TOUGH. Sadly, today's bringing up in this game ,they don't seem to be teaching this anymore.

I agree Brian. I just hope Dubas and Shanahan win out over Babcock's propensity to surround him self with dipsy doodlers. They're great,no doubt,  as long as there's a thumper paired up with him. 

11 hours ago, misfish said:

Its all about the money for the hockey players these days. Used to be that you played for the team for your entire career. Nowadays they have no commitment to the team just the money. 

I guess it depends on what "anything" means to you. To me, it means wins and a cup, everything else is lip service after 50+years of frustration.

Historically, players got paid for accomplishments and accomplishments in this world are defined by wins, playoff wins.

Tying up money for players who you hope will win is a fools game. and that all said, I am a huge Mariner fan...

HH

• Like 2

On 6/25/2019 at 1:16 PM, Headhunter said:

Historically, players got paid for accomplishments and accomplishments in this world are defined by wins, playoff wins. Tying up money for players who you hope will win is a fools game.

Contracts have never been really tied to playoff wins. Half the teams don't make the playoffs, contracts have always been tied yearly stats. Trades are more a measurement of character.

Edited by scuro2

On 6/24/2019 at 6:23 PM, grimsbylander said:

I agree Brian. I just hope Dubas and Shanahan win out over Babcock's propensity to surround him self with dipsy doodlers. They're great,no doubt,  as long as there's a thumper paired up with him. 

That's gospel Grim, my thoughts exactly. 

Hopefully they lock down the last dipsy doodler (no offense Marner, you're my my favourite young gun and I've never seen anybody play the game like you) and then start working on the thumper part.

Cheers to Kapi and Johnsson for accepting modest, reasonable contracts without holding out. Nylander better score 50 goals next season or these 2 kids are gonna make him look like the over paid suckhole baby he is.

7 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Just sign Marner already.?

Maybe he has,just holding the news. I can see buying these players. They have to prove themselves. So they will play hard.  Looks like Freddy is still our top D guy.

Spezza for $700,000. WOW.  Hutch gets $700,000 too. :clapping:

Barrie is a top D guy. I look forward to watching him.  Kerfoot will be a good addition as well. We will not miss Kadri. Leafs win on this trade IMO.

Edited by misfish

Montreal loses Benn to Vancouver,Shaw to Chicago, i am sure Carolina is not happy with Montreal with the contract they gave rfa Aho, does Carolina have to match the exact payout, $700k year in salary and bonus money .