2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Canucks fans were all hot and bothered because Karlsson was spotted in the Vancouver airport yesterday, lol.

The rate of inflation seems to be pretty high in the NHL. Notice Burns who signed in 2016 is $8M and now EK is $11.5M. Yeah, Burns is older but EK is injury plagued. 

Truly an amazing person!! 

This why I have always supported this man since he was 19. Carey Price is in a league of his own. He is changing Andersons life forever for the better. God bless Carey Price. You have already guaranteed yourself a place in the HHOF and your number will be hung in the Montreal forum when you retire. I am betting that when that day comes Anderson the man will be standing next to you.

I thought Carey handled that situation as well as anyone could expect. To say that I was disgusted that the NHL would take advantage of the kid and his losing his mom in order to make themselves look good,  would be an understatement. It was a cringe worthy moment.

Kudo's to Carey as I think he knew that they pushed the kid too far,, he did his best to support the boy.

HH

I looked past the politics HH. As I said, if the HABS ever win the Stanley cup again, that kid will be there with Carey Price. He didn't have to agree to fly out to vegas but he did and he did to try and console this little boys loss anyway that he can. 

That struck me a little weird too.

If you're inspired to do something good, you do it, not looking for recognition. Poor kid but poor taste by the NHL to use him. 

What's next, Ryan Seacrest or Chris Rock hosting in 2020 from Hollywood Cali?

Like I said, I look past all of that because I am a compassionate person. Is see this as a positive move as opposed to a negative move as some suggest.  I have yet to read in the news that this was a publicity stunt by the NHL. 99% of the comments are positive in support of this little boy. It all started at a hockey practice in Brossard ( Montreal) . His moms sister, I believe, arranged to meet Carey Price after practice as per his mothers dying wishes and Carey stepped up and met the kid. Maybe the league played him maybe not but the father decided that this would be a good thing for Anderson. Now Anderson probably very popular in his school and with his friends which will help in the healing/grieving process. Losing a mother at 8 is devastating to a little kid. Their world has ended and all Price is trying to do is make it worth for the kid to continue healing. Carey Price did not have to agree with this but he did and he did it for the kid not for recognition as he needs none. The hockey world knows exactly who CP is. 

You're missing the point.   The original encounter wasn't a publicity stunt, bringing the kid back at the awards was.  Not too hard to figure that one out is it?   Typical feel good PR man, this is nothing new.

OH boy: Sounds like the two parties a far away from signing a contract.

VANCOUVER — Should Mitch Marner sign an offer sheet in the coming weeks, there’s no guarantee it would automatically be matched by the Toronto Maple Leafs.

That was the revelation from Kyle Dubas following a meeting of NHL general managers here Thursday — the surest sign yet of how real these negotiations now are.

4 minutes ago, BillM said:

You're missing the point.   The original encounter wasn't a publicity stunt, bringing the kid back at the awards was.  Not too hard to figure that one out is it?   Typical feel good PR man, this is nothing new.

I think that you are missing the point. Its not on the NHL its on the DAD for allowing this to go on. His decision not the NHLS. So point fingers at the dad but I am sure that if it was your kid you would jump at the chance for him and you to meet all the superstars in the NHL to help with your sons grieving eh Bill? You h ave your opinion and I have mine so obviously we see though different glasses. 

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

I think that you are missing the point. Its not on the NHL its on the DAD for allowing this to go on. His decision not the NHLS. So point fingers at the dad but I am sure that if it was your kid you would jump at the chance for him and you to meet all the superstars in the NHL to help with your sons grieving eh Bill? You h ave your opinion and I have mine so obviously we see though different glasses. 

You think it was the dads decision to get him up at the awards show and not the NHLs?  lol right.    Might wanna change those glasses.

19 minutes ago, BillM said:

You think it was the dads decision to get him up at the awards show and not the NHLs?  lol right.    Might wanna change those glasses.

Whose choice was Bill and how do you know? Are you stating your opinion or fact? If its your opinion then just let it be. If the NHL called me to ask if I wanted to bring my boy to the awards I would have asked my son how he felt about it. If he said no then I would have told the NHL no. If he said yes then I would have taken my boy. What you are suggesting is that the NHL forced them to go if their answer was a no.  You have your way of looking at it and I have mine. So lets just leave it alone eh. Oh and if I were to put on your glasses I am sure that they would be out of focus for me.

Edited by Squid

I think the whole awards show is over the top and I have a hard time watching it. Bringing models and actors out to present awards is a little too much for me.  They should only bring past players out to hand out awards.

Just my opinion.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jimmer said:

I think the whole awards show is over the top and I have a hard time watching it. Bringing models and actors out to present awards is a little too much for me.  They should only bring past players out to hand out awards.

Just my opinion.

totally agree on this one. Keenan was funny though. 

I just gotta say, it's a pretty great day in Leaf land.

Marleau is gone, Zaitsev wants to be gone, Kapi and Johnsson have tentative deals. Nice work Mr Dubas.

Nailing down Mitch is the next step.

Acquire a couple somewhat competent D Men with a bad attitude and a short fuse and Dubas is a God.

I thought you hate filled haters were saying the Leafs team will blow up this summer? I'd say it's more like the Leafs have locked in one of the most dangerous offences in the league for the long term.

17 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

Marleau is gone, Zaitsev wants to be gone, Kapi and Johnsson have tentative deals. Nice work Mr Dubas.

Acquire a couple somewhat competent D Men with a bad attitude and a short fuse and Dubas is a God.

I thought you hate filled haters were saying the Leafs team will blow up this summer? I'd say it's more like the Leafs have locked in one of the most dangerous offences in the league for the long term.

Really ??? Hockey is over.......go fishing, enjoy the weather.  It seems a little much. It's just a team and just a game. Has very little effect on most people. Get out take a break.

Edited by knightfisher

9 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Ifs and buts were candy and nuts. No defence, no Cups. But leafers can dream i guess. 

GO HABS GO!!!

Caulfield is going to be a awesome player for the habs and some of the D that the HABS selected are gems. Can't wait until the training camp starts to see how they match up to the pros on the ice. Now all the HABS need is a solid 1st pairing defenceman to play with Weber and they are all set for the season. 

17 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I would have to agree.  Being able to let Marleau move on was not going to be easy.  Still interested in what he will do with the defense though.  I just hope they don't over pay for Marner.  He is good, but he hasn't really done anything yet. His family is reminiscent of the Lindros clan.

37 minutes ago, jimmer said:

I would have to agree.  Being able to let Marleau move on was not going to be easy.  Still interested in what he will do with the defense though.  I just hope they don't over pay for Marner.  He is good, but he hasn't really done anything yet. His family is reminiscent of the Lindros clan.

The Leaf's are already paying many people lots of money for not having done anything yet. I'm guessing that Marner's family just want him to get paid lots of money for not having done anything yet as well!?

HH

• Like 1