2019-2020 Hockey Thread

The refs have been basically terrible for the whole playoffs. It's long overdue Boston had some bad calls cost them.

I like how the Blues are the tougher, more physical team and pushing Boston around.

I wish Leaf management would notice the makeup of the 2 teams that made the final and realize physicality, toughness and intimidation are important, especially in the post season.

• Like 1

If the Kadri/ Trouba trade is real and not fake news, then I'm loosing confidence in Dubas.

Kadri is the last bit of sandpaper remaining among the Leafs forwards. With some back up, Kadri can be a super pest and score 30 or 30 plus goals.

I'm kinda wishing the Leafs had Brian Burke as gm for the last couple years. 

he definitely had a disappointing year, snakebitten throughout, he didn't produce

my point is the Leafs need grit instead of banishing players with grit

and it might be wise to build a team with the mentality that grit, and pugnacious players are important 

I  also would like to see some bigger forwards who don't mind hitting playing for the Leafs next year. Probably not going to happen. If they get tougher on defense that would be great to clear the front of the net. 

Is Schenn having a hearing for his cheap shot hit from behind on Nordstrom? It would be hard to suspend him for a game 7

11 hours ago, chris.brock said:

he definitely had a disappointing year, snakebitten throughout, he didn't produce

my point is the Leafs need grit instead of banishing players with grit

and it might be wise to build a team with the mentality that grit, and pugnacious players are important 

For 1,000,000,000 Alex, I,ll take 12 Gary Roberts,1 Wendel,1 Tiger,1 Gilmour.  Will keep the tender we have.

St Louis was full value tonight.

How does a leaf player win a stanley cup? Become an ex-leaf . Steen, Bozak, Gunnerson..... even Berube. 

Cause it aint ever gonna happen if you play for them. 

11 hours ago, Squid said:

Toronto is now the team with the longest stanley cup drought right??

I don't know, you google it, it's only you trolls that seem to care and mention this stuff every single time you post, ad nauseam

19 hours ago, moxie said:

St Louis was full value tonight.

How does a leaf player win a stanley cup? Become an ex-leaf . Steen, Bozak, Gunnerson..... even Berube. 

Cause it aint ever gonna happen if you play for them. 

St Louis was full value? WHAT? ? ?, did you watch the game? The Blues got absolutely bombarded the first half of the game but got 2 goals on 4 shots or something like that.