2019-2020 Hockey Thread

35 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Nylander get traded.

Nylander isn't going anywhere. With his cap hit at 6.9 that's cheap based on a productive Nylander, if he can produce it's not the anchor everyone is making it out to be.

Just before nylander was put back on the matthews line he was working hard showing lots of hustle , as soon as he was put on matthews  line (about 2 months ago)he stopped working hard. Babcock should have left him on the line he was on. 

When you look at the leafs they need another player like hyman about 210 lbs who can stand infront of the net and screen the goalie.

I

Edited by mikeh

They need a forward(s) that can punish opposing D men physically.   When they forechecked like crazy in Game #1, Boston didn't have an answer for it.   Combine that with 1 or 2 more key guys on D and things will be on the up and up.

• Like 1

Watching the Jackets play i doubt the leafs would've  been able to withstand the punishment alone.  Theyre gonna need more than just a couple of defencemen and Doobass is the wrong guy job the job cause intangibles dont chart on a graph. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, moxie said:

Watching the Jackets play i doubt the leafs would've  been able to withstand the punishment alone.  Theyre gonna need more than just a couple of defencemen and Doobass is the wrong guy job the job cause intangibles dont chart on a graph. 

Matthews has no heart if he isn't getting his own way. He will be a problem for the laffs

22 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

Matthews has no heart if he isn't getting his own way. He will be a problem for the laffs

Maybe he just isnt  built that way and thats really too bad for them cause i see more than a few players of all talent levels doing everything to win  . This  team is full of passengers. Just like  their (non- hockey fans) . Went dark in a hurry as predicted. 

Lmao whattttt???

auston Matthews just put up 5 goals and 6 points in 7 games in the playoffs and you are trying to say that he’s a problem? Lmao thanks for laugh I needed it this morning after the day I had yesterday

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, moxie said:

Maybe he just isnt  built that way and thats really too bad for them cause i see more than a few players of all talent levels doing everything to win  . This  team is full of passengers. Just like  their (non- hockey fans) . Went dark in a hurry as predicted. 

I'm sure you guys are right. We should trade him for Brady Tkachuk or Max Domi. There are some guys with some intangibles. I mean...at the end of the day... a 21 year old who has the potential to score 50 goals a season is huge problem. Also the fact he doesn't hit or get dirty in the corners just shows he's afraid, weak and won't do what it takes. Not even sure why the Leafs drafted him to be honest. Laine is 50x the hockey player Matthews is. I really think they should just blow up the team... they are going nowhere. Start over. If you're not first... you're last. 

Edited by BassMan11

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Lmao whattttt???

auston Matthews just put up 5 goals and 6 points in 7 games in the playoffs and you are trying to say that he’s a problem? Lmao thanks for laugh I needed it this morning after the day I had yesterday

He also sulked his way around the ice after a goal against and had his ice time reduced for not getting dirty.

All this from an $11 mil player. 

And he was a minus player in the playoffs. 

No guts no glory