2019-2020 Hockey Thread

40 minutes ago, Squid said:

Didn't go over my head young man. Yeah you are still a buffoon to me and yeah you are not my bud either trust me. Cry in your bib for the rest of the summer and prepare yourself for the same disappointment next year with your leafs. Oh and by the way I heard that matthews dropped his jock strap and someone from boston took a picture of it. Maybe you can let him know since you are one of the arm chair GM/Coaches on the team. Oh and speaking of babbling, something that you are good at....

image.png.c7edb56ba3820e6f5ccf5edbf56887c3.png

Weak reply. 

What kind of search criteria did you use to find that image? Asking for a friend.

Edited by BassMan11

Before the series started the experts were giving me/us all the reasons the maples were going to beat the B's. Now that series is over I'm/we're getting all the reasons why they didn't and couldn't beat the B's. I'm confused. Did the experts not believe what they were saying in the first place???Go Bruins Go!!!!!

2 hours ago, Squid said:

LOL !!! Its fun to go back to the earlier pages of this thread to see the same pile being spewed out about the 2016 leafs or the 2017 leafs....it is all the same regurgitated talking points from the arm chair GMs and coaches on this forum.

Pot meet kettle?  lol

Sounds like the laffs are imploding by the sounds of what the hockey guys are saying.

For sure they have to put it in perspective.  You had a great season, have lots of good pieces and met a team in the first round that has a history of beating you.

Its not that bad.......

Could be worse....Sens?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Sounds like the laffs are imploding by the sounds of what the hockey guys are saying.

For sure they have to put it in perspective.  You had a great season, have lots of good pieces and met a team in the first round that has a history of beating you.

Its not that bad.......

Could be worse....Sens?

That is reasonable, but I would go onto to say they got beat by a better team. Boston didn't just luck into 3rd place, especially when healthy they had an an excellent record. Remember that most pundits not connected to the Toronto market predicted Boston would win.

Next year will be very interesting with the leafs payroll issues.

Tavares: 11M

Nylander: 7 M

Kadri: 4.5M

Matthews: 11.6 M

Marner: 10M ??

Reilly: 5M

Andersen: 5M

Nathan Horton: 5.3 M (wow)

Kessel: 1.2M (still?)

This totals 59.6 M for the big hitters next year. This leaves Toronto with 22 million for the rest of the 21 players of which some are signed already.

What are the Leafs going to do to offset this huge outlay of $$ ??

Montreal should look for a top pairing right defenseman to play with Weber. Poehling will make the team and secure a center position with the team. All teams will improve in the off season so it is hard to predict who will make the playoffs for the bottom 4 teams from this years contest. Niemi is gone so that leaves room for Lingren to move up into the back up role for Carey. Rumors abound about Montreal going hard after duschene this summer but I think that it is a long shot.  The Montreal Canadiens  were very exciting to watch and every time they lost a couple they cam back roaring and would win the next game or two. 

Should be interesting to see how Bergie handles the upcoming team build this summer. As for Ottawa, boy they have a lot of work to do this summer. Somehow I feel that Ottawa will fold in the next 5 years and the NHL moves the team to Quebec city. Just my opinion is all.