2019-2020 Hockey Thread

thanks for your 3 am private mess

4 minutes ago, moxie said:

And the Embarrassing Nightmare of a streak continues. Way to go fellas!!!!! Have a nice summer!!!!

thanks for your 3 am private message last night, in closing, damn YOU MISERABLE HATERS! the best team didn't win this series,  yeah, I'm gonna enjoy my summer, I always do, 

damn YOU HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA, AND SPORTSNET ONTARIO, you I gotta get a Bowen play by play synced up for next season, this is beyond ridiculous 

2 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

thanks for your 3 am private mess

thanks for your 3 am private message last night, in closing, damn YOU MISERABLE HATERS! the best team didn't win this series,  yeah, I'm gonna enjoy my summer, I always do, 

damn YOU HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA, AND SPORTSNET ONTARIO, you I gotta get a Bowen play by play synced up for next season, this is beyond ridiculous 

Anytime Chris. Take care now. 

Going to send my condolences to the rabid Leaf fans here. I actually watched most of the game tonight. As a former hockey fan going back to the original 6 when we knew the names of each and every player in the league I know how it hurts, time heals all wounds. There's always next year, again.  One question. The energy, fervor play and commitment players show in the playoffs is far greater than in the regular season. Why? 

5 hours ago, BillM said:

Andersen sure picked the wrong night to let in a few softies.  Ah well, what can ya do.   At least now I can concentrate on fishing.

You cannot hang this on him. He did more than enough for them to win the series. 1 goal ?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, moxie said:

You cannot hang this on him. He did more than enough for them to win the series. 1 goal ?

I'm not, but you can't tell me the first and third goals were good, lol.   Combine that with the lack of scoring and this is how you end up losing Game #7 :)     We got beat by the 3rd and 4th line tonight.   Like I said, what can ya do! 

Boy Babcock is taking serious heat for managing his bench like he's coaching a house league team. The better players really do need to play, expecially if you're behind in the score.  Trouble is I really didn't see any difference between the third line and the fourth line. In fact the fourth line was their best line at times, in terms of effort.

So who goes down the road...... Babcock or Dumas??  Dumas hung him with Nylander and some very old tired vets.  

Will Kadri ever play another Leafs game?? 

34 minutes ago, Oggie said:

Boy Babcock is taking serious heat for managing his bench like he's coaching a house league team. The better players really do need to play, expecially if you're behind in the score.  Trouble is I really didn't see any difference between the third line and the fourth line. In fact the fourth line was their best line at times, in terms of effort.

So who goes down the road...... Babcock or Dumas??  Dumas hung him with Nylander and some very old tired vets.  

Will Kadri ever play another Leafs game?? 

I have a hard time blaming coaches when the players he's given are not the right pieces for winning. 

Add to that some players like Matthews, Marner and others who are still learning how to win and then Kardri who consistently hurts his team and you have what happened, a loss.

The laffs and management are getting ripped to shreds on the sports radio and tv but what I see is only more challenges for next year. Cap and players salaries, only a 54th pick and players like Matthews who, in my opinion,  is a whiner.

No defense and no goaltending did you guys in and a huge opportunity was missed at the trade deadline.  Now they will have to move salary and key players to get what they need. 

Same old same old for the dreaded blue and white disease team imo.

Shanahan didn't look to pleased in the shots TV showed last night.

First mistake he made was getting rid of Lou. Second mistake he made was picking Dubas over Sutter. Third mistake he made was thinking that the game had changed enough, that only "skill" can win the cup.

Fourth mistake was not finding suitable wingers for Mathews.

Fifth mistake was not securing better defence before the trade deadline...

I see them ripping this club up after the playoffs are over. Keep the core and leverage peripheral players outta town.

HH

The media guys just love over analyzing the Leafs. Kind of get sick listening to them and their all knowing attitude. They would be running or coaching a team if they knew what they were talking about.  We all know how well Burke did when he was here. LOL Did MacLean ever win anything when he was GM?

Oh and then there is Kypreos.

It will be interesting to see what changes are made for next year though.

1 hour ago, muskymatt said:

Come on guys! 

Keep it respectful and civil.

Sheesh 

LOL !!! Its fun to go back to the earlier pages of this thread to see the same pile being spewed out about the 2016 leafs or the 2017 leafs....it is all the same regurgitated talking points from the arm chair GMs and coaches on this forum.