2019-2020 Hockey Thread

54 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

If the Leafs are out on Tuesday, how do you plan to vent your anger for the next 10 months?

To rephrase, how do you deal with your seething, miserable hatred in the "off season"?

?

This series reffing has been a serious joke... Chara left the ice, and followed up a check with an elbow to the face of Muzzin. No call...

Ridiculous... This "let em play" is brutal for us as a team as the Bruins are taking full advantage of the whistles being firmly lodged in the refs anuses... Gotta beat them with our speed... Need JT to show up too. He's got one empty net goal and 3 assists all series, that's gotta change

chara has attained unpenalizable mode

my takes so far- damn carey price, I'd take Freddie or rask at half the cost all day long, both have been awesome, rock solid, ice cool, the only way to beat them is with a bounce

I thought Reilly was over achieving in the reg season, I've since changed my tune, he's the real deal with what he's shown in the post season yet not nominated for the norris since he's a Leaf

both the Leafs and bruins haven't played up to their potential, but the Leafs have been the better team, and they are the team with more potential

sportsnet should do a trial with the same feed to Ontario with hughson on one channel and Bowen on the other for a few games and watch the ratings

the refs in this series should work in the fast food industry 

8 hours ago, chris.brock said:

chara has attained unpenalizable mode

my takes so far- damn carey price, I'd take Freddie or rask at half the cost all day long, both have been awesome, rock solid, ice cool, the only way to beat them is with a bounce

I thought Reilly was over achieving in the reg season, I've since changed my tune, he's the real deal with what he's shown in the post season yet not nominated for the norris since he's a Leaf

both the Leafs and bruins haven't played up to their potential, but the Leafs have been the better team, and they are the team with more potential

sportsnet should do a trial with the same feed to Ontario with hughson on one channel and Bowen on the other for a few games and watch the ratings

the refs in this series should work in the fast food industry 

?

1 hour ago, moxie said:

?

LOL eh Moxie. The laff fans just complain about everything including the play by play. They need to listen to hughson call a habs vs leafs game to hear who he is cheering for and its not the habs lol. Laff fans blame everyone for the loss, except for don cherry. This is going to be one quiet thread until Sept if the Laffs lose tomorrow. 

Edited by Squid

Another game 7. I guess the series has been closer than all you Laffs haters  anticipated. But again you are not looking at the series from an unbiased point of view. 

Hughson has been awful, Reffing has been awful (both ways) but more towards the Leafs since they are the softer team. Although it’s not like they can score a PP goal anyways grrrrr.

Anyway should be a good one!

GLG

53 minutes ago, Squid said:

LOL eh Moxie. The laff fans just complain about everything including the play by play. They need to listen to hughson call a habs vs leafs game to hear who he is cheering for and its not the habs lol. Laff fans blame everyone for the loss, except for don cherry. This is going to be one quiet thread until Sept if the Laffs lose tomorrow. 

I think the fans are blaming that loss lastnight on the lack of effort in the 1st and second, not the refs.   Unless you're watching a different game then we all are?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BillM said:

I think the fans are blaming that loss lastnight on the lack of effort in the 1st and second, not the refs.   Unless you're watching a different game then we all are?

Yup. Gap control sucked as did compete level.

Not to mention the puck watching that was going on. 

9 hours ago, Squid said:

Losing this one will be a bitter pill to swallow considering it was there for the taking. If Boston takes the series it wont be because the better team won. It will be because the leafs lost it. 

3 hours ago, moxie said:

Losing this one will be a bitter pill to swallow considering it was there for the taking. If Boston takes the series it wont be because the better team won. It will be because the leafs lost it. 

Agreed. I hate how emotionally attached I get to a bunch of millionaire hockey players...

I watched a bit of the Dallas/Nashville game last night. The refs were brutal in that one too, especially in the third period. It went both ways, but how are the players supposed to know what's acceptable or not. It's all a crap shoot, so they should just stick to how they call the games throughout the year.

52 minutes ago, jimmer said:

I watched a bit of the Dallas/Nashville game last night. The refs were brutal in that one too, especially in the third period. It went both ways, but how are the players supposed to know what's acceptable or not. It's all a crap shoot, so they should just stick to how they call the games throughout the year.

The biggest thing has to be consistency.   Call it one way or the other but keep it consistent.    Letting one game get out of hand then shutting things down the next makes for crap hockey.

Leafs are in big big trouble, you’ve got a lot of guys making huge amounts of money and they can’t even win one series, never mind 4. I hope Nylander has played his last game as a leaf, but good luck dumping that contract. Marleau hopefully retires. Kadri is a  moron. Not sure where to go from here. Big time reality check that you dont pay guys until they win. Chicago did it the right way. Hard to move when you are up against the cap.

i honestly thought the leafs were the better team almost every game except game 2 and 6...but failing to go for the jugular in game 4 and game 6 is the defining moment in the series. They had Boston basically done and didn’t go for the kill. 

Sadly, everyone here knows this all too familiar feeling of being disappointed by this team, I know I have for the past 30 years. Dubas, show us what you can do.