2019-2020 Hockey Thread

On 4/15/2019 at 4:40 AM, Squid said:

Amazing how all the pundits were saying we need kadri (no caps)  to step up and play hard against the bruins. Now that he did something really DUMB he is being chastised by the folks that were propping him up?? He gets 5 games, the leafs lose the series and Toronto does not resign him. Tampa is a real joke!! kill everyone during the regular season and now they are playing with their tails between their legs. Cooper seems to be out coached by torts. Islanders were obviously letting tavares do all the work when he played for them. Now that he is gone, they are able to compete with all for lines and Lou and trotz have them all skating in the right direction.

just a miserable, grumpy, old pissed off man post

turn off the TV grump! there's no coverage of the scabs on the links, go fishing! or whatever, do something productive

Edited by chris.brock

as for the isles, I've got a coworker on fb, an isles fan, that's fine, the Leafs hatred he posts rubs me the wrong way though, he posts everything like a woman with pms

I read it all, from what I've gathered, greiss is garbage, lehner is one mood swing away from disaster if his shrink can't keep him grounded, despite the #'s they did this season

keep posting your crap, your pms doesn't seem to quit 

13 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Do you guys think constantly regurgitating and spewing out this same line, over and over, and over and over again, almost verbatim, has any affect on Leafs fans?  

If it makes you feel better about yourself, go nuts, your breath is wasted though.

Somebody mentioned crickets on this thread once the Leafs are out of the playoffs. That's dumb, and incorrect, just a hate inspired troll post. This guy above /\  only crawls out of his hole and posts here around playoff time to troll and spew hatred.

The rest of the year, his miserable, seething hatred isn't strong enough to inspire him to troll. Come playoff time, it manifests itself and he trolls with everything he's got. 

Tampa eliminated but has won a cup in the last 52 years. Pittsburgh has also been eliminated and have won multiple cups in the last 52 years. The islanders - multiple cups in the last 52 years. Boston - multiple cups in the last 52 . Detroit- multiple cups in the last 52. Montreal- multiple cups the last 52.  Colorado - multiple cups in the last 52 . Edmonton- multiple cups in the last 52. Los Angeles- multiple cups the last 52. Calgary- cup the last 52. Dallas-cup in the last 52. Carolina- cup in the last 52.  Washington- cup in the last 52. Pretty sure ive missed a few. Now onto teams that have made the finals in the last 52 years.....  No hatred, no trolling. My apologies if it may rub leaf fans the wrong way but its Fact and cannot be denied. Cmon 53!!!!!!

Edited by moxie

10 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Kypreos just had a little rant though about how Tampas demise was so obvious, hahhaha

who in the hell gave this guy a sports media job? Its mind blowing to me the spotlight this clown gets. He was a garbage NHLer at best, Definitely could never swing an actual job in the NHL coaching or managing because his takes/understanding of the game are hot garbage, and then on panels the guy can barely talk. The unintelligible garbage he spews makes about as much sense as Don Cherry these days. 

They treat him like a bloody hall of famer, the guy was a journeyman wimp "enforcer" that averaged 8 points a season and didnt fight. and when he did he got absolutely killed. He sounds like a guy that has been punched in the face wayyyy too many times.

Edited by AKRISONER

35 minutes ago, misfish said:

Hey now. Don is GOD, all knowing. Bite your tonge. :P

I was the biggest Don fan my entire life. I never missed coaches corner for anything. It actually bothers me a lot now seeing him the way he is. I am not referring to his takes either. He can have whatever opinion he wants on stuff, its the fact that his rambling and stuttering etc is just hard to watch. Its the exact same way I felt about Bob Cole. Fortunately Bob knew it was time to hang em up. But even his announcing was starting to suffer. 

Reminds me lots of my parents who are also starting to show their age more and more. Its just hard to watch it happen.

13 hours ago, moxie said:

Tampa eliminated but has won a cup in the last 52 years. Pittsburgh has also been eliminated and have won multiple cups in the last 52 years. The islanders - multiple cups in the last 52 years. Boston - multiple cups in the last 52 . Detroit- multiple cups in the last 52. Montreal- multiple cups the last 52.  Colorado - multiple cups in the last 52 . Edmonton- multiple cups in the last 52. Los Angeles- multiple cups the last 52. Calgary- cup the last 52. Dallas-cup in the last 52. Carolina- cup in the last 52.  Washington- cup in the last 52. Pretty sure ive missed a few. Now onto teams that have made the finals in the last 52 years.....  No hatred, no trolling. My apologies if it may rub leaf fans the wrong way but its Fact and cannot be denied. Cmon 53!!!!!!

WHO CARES! and why in christs name do you seem to care so much? are you sick?

I don't.

I'm just enjoying my teams playoff series now, in the moment, loving every exciting minute of it.

Ya wanna talk stupid #'s that nobody but trolls would care about, there's 11 teams that have NEVER won a cup, the Leafs have won THIRTEEN!

Edited by chris.brock

On 4/15/2019 at 9:50 PM, Chuck Enwinde said:

If they call the minor stuff, I think it favors the leafs.

It didn't work out that way. The refs overcompensated from game 2 in game 3 and 4. The 1st crap call in game 4 was against the Leafs and the bruins scored. The 1st goal of the game is statistically really important and in game 4 the best team ended up losing.

Incompetent refs being a major factor in who wins and loses, not cool.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chris.brock said:

WHO CARES! and why in christs name do you seem to care so much? are you sick?

I don't.

I'm just enjoying my teams playoff series now, in the moment, loving every exciting minute of it.

Ya wanna talk stupid #'s that nobody but trolls would care about, there's 11 teams that have NEVER won a cup, the Leafs have won THIRTEEN!

You're right Chris. Im sorry. Just one thing if i may?  My dad watched it on a black and white tv. He even went to the parade. Said it was  Holly Makanna type pandemonium. 52 years ago. But hey, you just never know. 

leafs outplayed them but didnt get the W.

PK needs to be better, and anderson had to have that chara shot, but the same could be said for Matthews shot as well. Although something tells me Matthews is purposely screwing with goalies. For so long his shot was high glove side, then he started shooting five hole. his drag release is quick and it doesnt allow the goalie to react until its coming off of his stick. I think tukka was thinking "top right corner all day" just like normal and it froze him ever so slightly. When was the last time matthews came down the wing and shot between the goalies arm. 

I like the way they are playing, just need to clean up the PK!

I think Connor Brown killed any momentum at the beginning of the game with his stupid penalty at centre ice. I've said it before but slap shots from the point especially from Muzzin would be nice.  Four or five times last night they forechecked the Boston Defence and just bumped them instead of putting them on their butts and that defence man was able to clear the puck.  I just wish they were willing to pay the price and stand infront of the net and also hit Boston D more. 

• Like 1