2019-2020 Hockey Thread

these are the best refs the NHL has?

game 2 many dangerous and vicious plays not called, game 3 the refs randomly pick out and call stupid, minor crap

as a player how would you know what's acceptable and how to conduct yourself?

37 minutes ago, misfish said:

I got no issues with the calls Chris. I do have an issue with the way the Leafs are tipping toeing in their own zone on break outs. They ae lucky to be ahead right now. Be happy with that.

I thought it was a great effort tonight.

Good win, good crowd down there too.

3 hours ago, chris.brock said:

these are the best refs the NHL has?

game 2 many dangerous and vicious plays not called, game 3 the refs randomly pick out and call stupid, minor crap

as a player how would you know what's acceptable and how to conduct yourself?

Game 2 was like a case study in how to lose control of a game for officials.  I fully expected them to reign it in last night.  If they call the minor stuff, I think it favors the leafs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

ahhh, there may be no better feeling than when someone tells you that you are stupid, that you dont know anything and that their "knowledge" is far superior to yours. But then....silence.

GO LEAFS GO!

Silence is golden, golden,,,,,,,,,,,:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

ahhh, there may be no better feeling than when someone tells you that you are stupid, that you dont know anything and that their "knowledge" is far superior to yours. But then....silence.

GO LEAFS GO!

Stunned disbelief of the improbable. 

21 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

Stunned disbelief of the improbable. 

You shouldnt be stunned Matt. Theyre bound to win a few games. A few games does not a Championship make and that inevitability will reveal itself once again. Its in the DNA.

6 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

GO LEAFS GO!

Careful what you wish for Ark. They'll be crickets chirping on this page if the laffs lose to the Bruins.....from the Laff faithful. What Moxie said.

Edited by Squid

1 hour ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

The Leafs have had their fair share of supplying good players to the rest of the league too.  ?

this was always a heartbreaker. trade the young good players for old guys for years and then watch things like the Kessel trade pan out...Rask for Raycroft...we sleep in a bed we make ourselves. 

3 hours ago, Squid said:

Careful what you wish for Ark. They'll be crickets chirping on this page if the laffs lose to the Bruins.....from the Laff faithful. What Moxie said.

im not claiming the leafs are winning the cup (they win this series? anything can happen), glad to see Moxie is already looking forward to round two.

For real though, you guys called me an idiot and told me that I didnt know anything because I said the leafs could beat the Bruins. You didnt provide any insight as to why, except for that they lost to Ottawa at the end of the year. Oh and that they dont have the capacity to play hard playoff hockey. I believe "Steamroll" was the term used.

I gave a strong set of reasons why the leafs would have success and you guys called me stupid. 

Question, are you going to own up to it if the leafs beat Boston? 

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

im not claiming the leafs are winning the cup (they win this series? anything can happen), glad to see Moxie is already looking forward to round two.

For real though, you guys called me an idiot and told me that I didnt know anything because I said the leafs could beat the Bruins. You didnt provide any insight as to why, except for that they lost to Ottawa at the end of the year. Oh and that they dont have the capacity to play hard playoff hockey. I believe "Steamroll" was the term used.

I gave a strong set of reasons why the leafs would have success and you guys called me stupid. 

Nope. A 1st round win since ???? No praise to give 52 years of failure. When all the other orig 6 teams have won at least 1 and teams from Carolina and Florida have won there isnt much credit to give to that. 

2 hours ago, moxie said:

No praise to give 52 years of failure.  

Do you guys think constantly regurgitating and spewing out this same line, over and over, and over and over again, almost verbatim, has any affect on Leafs fans?  

If it makes you feel better about yourself, go nuts, your breath is wasted though.

Somebody mentioned crickets on this thread once the Leafs are out of the playoffs. That's dumb, and incorrect, just a hate inspired troll post. This guy above /\  only crawls out of his hole and posts here around playoff time to troll and spew hatred.

The rest of the year, his miserable, seething hatred isn't strong enough to inspire him to troll. Come playoff time, it manifests itself and he trolls with everything he's got. 

• Like 1

With the way many series are going,it,s going to be a crack pot shot whom will win the cup. I think if the leafs get through this round,they are just as equal to the task,as the rest to be there.

Play all those game through out the season,be number one, and the odds are on them to win it all. Well, we all can see,the play offs are a different game.  Now off to watch the isle,s game. Go isle,s.

Have not looked at the elimination rounds,but is it possible the Leafs and Isles  can meet up ? What a series that would be.

Everyone's seen the ovi fight from last night.

A couple interesting things-

Svenchikov's older brother made an instagram video thing threatening ovi, lol.

evgeny-svechnikov-brother-instagram-post.jpg

And Brind'amor said ovi picked the fight, hahaha.

Edited by chris.brock

4 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

what do you think? 

probably just keep mentioning "the 52 years...." ad nauseam and increase the frequency of personal attacks

Edited by chris.brock