2019-2020 Hockey Thread

40 minutes ago, BillM said:

I think it's just a conditioning stint.

He,s had all season to do that.

I think the boys really like hutch and his personality. When he was in,they played for him,like he played for them.

Yes I am PRO HUTCH. :canadian:

Edited by misfish

I want to take a moment to gloat in the fact that 3 weeks ago i said that the habs were going to end up missing the playoffs by a hair and ending up with the worst possible draft pick while being out of playoff contention. I also said all of the races were over and no one believed me lol ?

cant waive sparks, hes ineligible to play the AHL playoffs as well. 

I personally think that Bobock finally won the war. He didnt want sparks from the get go because his only focus is to win games now. Management wanted to see what they had with sparks, so they gave him the starts, the leafs were in a comfortable spot that afforded them to experiment and test the waters. Finally playoff time has arrived and Babcock got his wish, which is to assemble to best possible team that he can to try and win. That means having a reliable back up goalie should they need it in a bad scenario.

Its also not about Hutch stepping in to play regular games, its safe to say that if Anderson goes down, its over...but there could be a game that they go down 3 quick and it may be beneficial to throw a backup in to try and play out the rest of the game. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

One good thing is that everyone is finally back healthy (as healthy as you can be after playing 82 games)

Also sounds like Rosen has climbed to the top of the depth chart, no more marincin or ozighanov 

Edited by AKRISONER

13 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Looks like the Leafs can go ahead and win tomorrow nights game if they like now. 

Les habitants are headed to la golf course now mes amis!!!  :tease::tease::tease::tease:

I'm going to predict the Habs are going to be pissed off and will pound the laffs!

On 4/6/2019 at 12:31 PM, muskymatt said:

I'm going to predict the Habs are going to be pissed off and will pound the laffs!

Yes, the scabs will be bitter, my prediction is they play a chippy game and take some runs at Leaf guys, le golf scabs, le golf!

4 hours ago, hatethelaffs said:

Let's hope they run at this guy ....god knows you can't miss his nostrils. How long is a dislocated nostril take you out for ? I'm thinking the first round at least which means season ending injury ????

54255938_10161737750565387_1584233304566005760_n.jpg

here's one of your twinks, WITHOUT photoshop, 

Image result for kotkaniemi face

Edited by chris.brock

Well that was one hell of a shinny pick up game. Sloppy goals and no real drama. BUT, I enjoyed watching that kid Ryan Poehling  pop off 4 goals. What a night for this kid. And to boot,Bob called his last game and it went all the way down to a shoot out.

Thanks Bob for all the years. You did Foster proud I am sure.  Enjoy retirement.

Now on to the playoffs and it,s a win win for me. I would like to see Marchaunt get a face full though.  That 33 for the leafs is a big bugger. I am sure he could do it. LOL

PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS

WEST:

Nash Vs. Dallas - Nas in 6

St. Louis Vs. Winnipeg - WIN In 7

Calgary vs. Colorado - Calg in 6

SanJose vs. Vegas - SJ in 7 

EAST:

Tampa vs. Columbus - Tampa in 4

Boston vs. Toronto - Toronto in 7 

Wash vs. Carolina - Wash in 7

NYI vs. Pitt - PIT in 5