2019-2020 Hockey Thread

7 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

kinda really surprising that with the loser point, that the races are pretty meh this year.

That regulation loss by the habs has them all but out now. Phoenix is a full two points back in the west. Pretty much a snooze fest until playoffs start.

I think you’ll have to explain your thought process to me on this one Akri. Habs are a point back of Colombus and tied with Carolina. Although both have a game in hand and Columbus has the tie breaker I can see the race in the east going down to the last game. Especially if the Habs win in regulation on Saturday in the rematch. 

13 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

I think you’ll have to explain your thought process to me on this one Akri. Habs are a point back of Colombus and tied with Carolina. Although both have a game in hand and Columbus has the tie breaker I can see the race in the east going down to the last game. Especially if the Habs win in regulation on Saturday in the rematch. 

rematch???

that was the deciding game. Habs have 4 games left while Columbus has 5. All Columbus has to do is match the habs point total with a game in hand. That game last night to me was the decider.

Habs play the jets caps lightning and leafs while columbus plays ottawa, NY, Boston, Buffalo and Nashville. You tell me who has an easier run left.

The west is pretty much settled unless something drastic happens. 

6 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

rematch???

that was the deciding game. Habs have 4 games left while Columbus has 5. All Columbus has to do is match the habs point total with a game in hand. That game last night to me was the decider.

Habs play the jets caps lightning and leafs while columbus plays ottawa, NY, Boston, Buffalo and Nashville. You tell me who has an easier run left.

The west is pretty much settled unless something drastic happens. 

My co-worker who is a Habs fan sent me a text last night saying 'We play em again Saturday in a rematch'. 

Looking at the schedule I was clearly misinformed. But yeah, looking at the remaining SOS it looks very unlikely that Montreal is getting a playoff spot now. Stranger things have happened but my former post was based off of the fact I though they had one more head to head. 

Edited by jerpears1

On 3/27/2019 at 5:58 AM, Squid said:

Seriously? You are implying what here Chris?? I believe that this coming from a man with long hair ( girly hair) is actually considered vulgar and I would appreciate it if you remove the post before I create hell over your comment and get this thread locked down and don't push me because it will happen trust me on that., 

you cry babies are pretty good at dishing it out but can't seem to take it eh, you're trolling for christs sakes, what did you expect? lol, 

gonna cry to mommy, go ahead!

Edited by chris.brock

Scabs have played 1 more game than CBJ and CAR and have tough teams to play to end their season. Sportsclub gives them a 26% chance to make the playoffs today. They needed a regulation win last night.

It's been a roller coaster for them the last couple weeks. 

nah, nah, nah, nah, hey, hey hey.......

Edited by chris.brock

19 hours ago, chris.brock said:

you cry babies are pretty good at dishing it out but can't seem to take it eh, you're trolling for christs sakes, what did you expect? lol, 

gonna cry to mommy, go ahead!

We'll see who's left Weeping like a Schoolgirl when they are tossed from the playoffs. Once again. 

Edited by moxie
Didn't want to upset the most Fragile of Fanatics.

On 3/28/2019 at 10:32 AM, BillM said:

You don't keep a 35 year old backup and have the possibility of losing Sparks on waivers.   That's a pretty easy decision to me.   As for Nylander,  if they can get a stud D man for him before next season, I'd be all for that.

Normally I'd agree with you as to keeping a 35 year old starter but Sparks wasn't the answer for a backup.  He can't play in this league!!!  And he honestly expects to be the starter at some point on the Leafs. Nothing worse than a backup with attitude and no talent. The Leafs have a history of sending the better goalie down the road.... I think the goalie coach and the scout should join Dumas in the firing!

12 hours ago, moxie said:

We'll see who's left Weeping like a Schoolgirl when they are tossed from the playoffs. Once again. 

I've been through the Ballard years, I'm realistic, if the Leafs go out in 4 straight I won't be surprised and won't cry, water off a duck's back and I'll be looking forward to next season.

If the Leafs remarkable talent ever simultaneously played to their potential, had some luck and bounces, and went all the way, you pathetic, miserable haters would loose your minds and a lot of you would be found hanging from a rope in your garage.

9 hours ago, Oggie said:

Normally I'd agree with you as to keeping a 35 year old starter but Sparks wasn't the answer for a backup.  He can't play in this league!!!  And he honestly expects to be the starter at some point on the Leafs. Nothing worse than a backup with attitude and no talent. The Leafs have a history of sending the better goalie down the road.... I think the goalie coach and the scout should join Dumas in the firing!

Amen, well said, my thoughts exactly 

is anybody else thinking the west is now the weaker conference this year?

there's been some talk, I hope they change the playoff format to 1 vs 16 next season to make the regular season more meaningful and reward the teams that do well in the regular season 

Ok......your laffs lose 3 of 4 to a non playoff team.  Lost 7 of the last 10.

Give up 4 or more goals in 7 of these games.

Why are you even in the playoffs? They have needed 1 point in the last 3 games to secure a playoff spot and cant do it.

What a total joke of a team, you do realize your team is the complete laughingstock of the league don't you? 

Beat by an AHL team.....twice......in a week.....bahahahahahahaha

Turn in your man cards laffites...what an embarrassment...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, chris.brock said:

is anybody else thinking the west is now the weaker conference this year?

there's been some talk, I hope they change the playoff format to 1 vs 16 next season to make the regular season more meaningful and reward the teams that do well in the regular season 

I doubt they would just because having a NY or Boston vs LA series in the first round is a lot of traveling for the teams. Now, that being said, if they went to the series structure I have been suggesting for years it would work out better. 

If you have the better record you play the first two on the road, then 3 at home, then 1 on the road then game 7 is at home. Still works out to 4 over 3 but you get 3 straight at home for potentially series deciding games. I think they do this in baseball. 

Well done Laffs well done !! A team with no heart going into the playoffs.....did you guys see what a real team like Washington does going into the playoffs? Enjoy your soft serve team nice pussy move by Kadri the guy couldn't fight himself out of a wet paper bag . 3out of 4 this year and 12 out of the last 16 your team should be embarrassed but I guess you guys are used to it judging by how quiet all you plugs are .I think Ottawa just won the cup by default considering the fact the Laff fans were chirping how they were cup contenders. Nothing is going to take this smile off my face knowing how much the Sens bug you and then they wiped the floor with you all year......again !! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

IMG_0260.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Why are you even in the playoffs? They have needed 1 point in the last 3 games to secure a playoff spot and cant do it.

What a total joke of a team, you do realize your team is the complete laughingstock of the league don't you? 

Go easy Matt.  There's a lot of thin skinned fragility in this room at the moment Their Laffs Loving Prince Christopher is liable to have you B@LLS Deep into someone or hanging in your own garage for your Hate.

Also remember that playing to their Potential, some luck and bounces they COULD......GO.......ALL......THE....WAY!!!!!!

Edited by moxie

God the playoffs can’t come soon enough. Laughing stock of the league? But then you mention that your favourite team doesn’t even belong in the nhl?

if the leafs are gonna outshoot everyone 40-20 and generate 80 scoring chances per game, I like their odds

playoffs cant come soon enough! 

9 hours ago, hatethelaffs said:

Well done Laffs well done !! A team with no heart going into the playoffs

did any of you geniuses actually watch and pay attention the Leafs/ senoritas game? your obsessive, self consuming, miserable hate must be blinding

Leafs fired 44 (double the senoritas 22) on goal and had 23 blocked, 67 directed at the net, Sparks sucks but he won't be playing in the post season

Golf senoritas Golf! and get your disgraceful, embarrassing season over with 

12 hours ago, muskymatt said:

9 hours ago, hatethelaffs said:

Well done Laffs well done !! A team with no heart going into the playoffs.....did you guys see what a real team like Washington does going into the playoffs? Enjoy your soft serve team nice pussy move by Kadri the guy couldn't fight himself out of a wet paper bag . 3out of 4 this year and 12 out of the last 16 your team should be embarrassed but I guess you guys are used to it judging by how quiet all you plugs are .I think Ottawa just won the cup by default considering the fact the Laff fans were chirping how they were cup contenders. Nothing is going to take this smile off my face knowing how much the Sens bug you and then they wiped the floor with you all year......again !! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

IMG_0260.JPG

4 hours ago, moxie said:

Go easy Matt.  There's a lot of thin skinned fragility in this room at the moment Their Laffs Loving Prince Christopher is liable to have you B@LLS Deep into someone or hanging in your own garage for your Hate.

Also remember that playing to their Potential, some luck and bounces they COULD......GO.......ALL......THE....WAY!!!!!!

I cannot comprehend how much of a loser you have to be to post things like these. Just complete trolls. 

Grow up.

On an intelligent note.... The Leafs dominated the game, ran into a hot Sens goalie and played their backup who has stunk all year. Crap happens. Its never fun losing to the absolute worst team in the league but I didn't lose any sleep over it. They sure are not coming in hot into the playoffs... but neither are the Bruins. Rask is not on top of his game either.... should be a good series... as per usual.   

GLG