2019-2020 Hockey Thread

17 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

It’s too good a line not to share. 

Got a Garrett Sparks bobble head today. 

I’d use it as a door stopper except it won’t work very well. Sparks can’t stop anything. 

A7ACF61F-6A11-47CF-B30F-B7C814FFD34C.jpeg

there's his problem, a hole in his glove ?

8 hours ago, BillM said:

..............and yet you keep replying :)    I really hate this time of year, I'm sure we'd both rather be fishing, lol!

Yup and Yup. 

Edited by moxie
?

On 3/22/2019 at 1:59 PM, jerpears1 said:

Oh yeah. That was Squid. I get you both confused sometime. Maybe with some original content you'd be more memorable. 

Jerpears I don't need this thread to be memorable on this board. Lots of stuff went on here long before you joined. I couldn't care less about Edmonton and Ottawa. I do care for the HABS and a bit for the leafs. I would love nothing more than a Habs leafs conference final one day.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Jerpears I don't need this thread to be memorable on this board. Lots of stuff went on here long before you joined. I couldn't care less about Edmonton and Ottawa. I do care for the HABS and a bit for the leafs. I would love nothing more than a Habs leafs conference final one day.

And yet you still felt the need to respond. ? 

in all honestly I know you do a lot on this thread. My buddies swear by your lures, I just don’t have the patience (see also: insanity) to go after musky. But I wouldn’t be living up to my reputation if I didn’t go for the cheap shot. 

I’d love to see a leafs, habs conference final as well but right now I can’t see the leafs getting out of the first round. Habs should make the playoffs if Columbus keeps up their abysmal run. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Squid said:

11 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

in all honestly I know you do a lot on this thread. My buddies swear by your lures, I just don’t have the patience (see also: insanity) to go after musky. But I wouldn’t be living up to my reputation if I didn’t go for the cheap shot. 

I’d love to see a leafs, habs conference final as well but right now I can’t see the leafs getting out of the first round. Habs should make the playoffs if Columbus keeps up their abysmal run. 

???

Edited by moxie

13 hours ago, Squid said:

11 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

???

35 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

How about that Tavares guy...oh never mind his goals are tap ins so they don’t count...it’d be cool if he starts pushing towards 50

the crowd in Long Island is gonna be extra hostile, bitter and pissed on April 1st

he's at 45 now, 50 is doable, more importantly to me is that he buries a bunch in the postseason 

On 3/20/2019 at 3:16 AM, moxie said:

Too soon Chris? 

the only thing too soon is YOU when you're balls deep in squid's mouth

hate is such an ugly, destructive thing, you guys should seek help,

nah, screw that, rot in misery, you guys can't be fixed

7 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I prefer to cut , bread and fry Squid but if balls deep into one is your preference, don't let anyone stop you.

Hatred is consuming isn't it Chris. Almost as consuming as that collection of wannabes you pursue. Almost.

Nothing wrong with me Chris. I'm not the one losing sleep when a sports team , that will never know or care you exist and aint won you anything  your whole life, is something to lose sleep over. 

Passion? Or Misery.

Edited by moxie

They were saying today on TSN 1050 that 25 games into the season the Buffalo Sabers were tied for first in the league. The next 50 or so games after that they only recorded 34 points. 

Imagine having a rebuild like them or like Edmonton. All in all we’ve been pretty lucky in Toronto that our young players have played well and we have been able to turn it around. Not all rebuilds go as planned. 

30 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

They were saying today on TSN 1050 that 25 games into the season the Buffalo Sabers were tied for first in the league. The next 50 or so games after that they only recorded 34 points. 

Imagine having a rebuild like them or like Edmonton. All in all we’ve been pretty lucky in Toronto that our young players have played well and we have been able to turn it around. Not all rebuilds go as planned. 

i agree but I think that Babcock as a coach has something to do with that success ... 

not being a negative nancy here  ... but I'm not feeling good about the Leafs getting past Boston ... I hope they prove me wrong .....

9 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Seriously? You are implying what here Chris?? I believe that this coming from a man with long hair ( girly hair) is actually considered vulgar and I would appreciate it if you remove the post before I create hell over your comment and get this thread locked down and don't push me because it will happen trust me on that., 

39 minutes ago, Jds63 said:

i agree but I think that Babcock as a coach has something to do with that success ... 

not being a negative nancy here  ... but I'm not feeling good about the Leafs getting past Boston ... I hope they prove me wrong .....

Agreed 100%. The big thing Toronto will need to improve is getting results from the lines that don’t matchup with the Bergeron line. Right now i’m Guessing Boston matches them up with Marner and Tavares meaning that Matthews needs to be stellar and Kadri’s line needs to step up production. A lot of things need to go right in this series for Toronto to pull off a W and the way they are playing now, I don’t see it. 

33 minutes ago, Squid said:

Seriously? You are implying what here Chris?? I believe that this coming from a man with long hair ( girly hair) is actually considered vulgar and I would appreciate it if you remove the post before I create hell over your comment and get this thread locked down and don't push me because it will happen trust me on that., 

Pretty hateful Anger Management type stuff eh?

Awww look the trolls are getting a bit of their own medicine and are whining about it.   Enough internet tough guy Bull please, can we get back to the hockey?

Did they call Rosen up for this game?  I heard rumours but an to lazy to actually search TSN to see if it's true.

14 minutes ago, BillM said:

Awww look the trolls are getting a bit of their own medicine and are whining about it.   Enough internet tough guy Bull please, can we get back to the hockey?

Did they call Rosen up for this game?  I heard rumours but an to lazy to actually search TSN to see if it's true.

Hey Bill Its all fun until someone starts attacking the other person on a personal level. NO need for your garbage comments as this has nothing to do with Hockey. Calling someone gay is completely out of #@@#@## line!! 

Edited by Squid