2019-2020 Hockey Thread

10 minutes ago, Squid said:

Which team is coming out to play against Buffalo tonight?

by the looks of it not the Leafs we saw in the first 40 games this season ... 

call it what you will but the signing of Nylander has put a hex on them ... LOL

Respect to Chara last night , taking on Matt Martin , 42 yrs old and that guy is an oak tree .. Bruins will be a beast again in the playoffs ....

at this point i'm questioning the Dubas and Babcock relationship as pointed out by McLean and Kypreos as the culprit to their woes ...

Leafs have gotten rid of all their toughness, supposedly for skill and speed ? Time for them to show us if they have it when they play Boston in the playoffs or back to the drawing board this summer ...

Edited by Jds63

This life long leaf fan isn't looking forward to them playing the Bruins, they are firing on all cylinders. It's the Ballard curse still hanging over them. LOL

The Leafs speed might be able to overcome the Bruins if the officiating didn't change in the playoffs. Unfortunately, I am afraid the Leafs will be ground into the ice/boards. The Bruins players are licking the chops waiting for the first round, while the Leafs aren't so sure.

Who knows in hockey though.

Bring back pyramid power!

Edited by jimmer
  • Like 1

I believe that there is jealousy in the dressing room. Nylander put himself above the team and now the lower paid players are saying to earn your pay Nylander pay and they are riding his coat tails. Dubas should have let Nylander sit for the entire year so that Nylander understands what team play is all about. 

Sparks looked like a backup last night. Which, all things considered, is a compliment. 

He made a couple of big saves, the goals that went in there wasn't much he could do and he gave them a chance to win. Really, that is all you can ask for. 

The last 2 games Matthews looks like he is playing with a chip on his shoulder. It looks like he was out to make a statement and was really dominant whenever he had the puck on his stick. I hope he can keep this up come playoff time. We are gonna need it. 

Also they polled the NHL players on a couple of different categories and posted the results in between intermission last night. 

'The player you would most want to rebuild a franchise with: Connor McDavid' ............. Did someone forget to tell Edmonton this fact?

I don't really get how people want to hang this slump on the goaltenders especially Sparks.  He's maybe not a star but he is .500 as a backup and in the last 6 games has a way better save percentage than super Freddie.  (11 goals on 114 shots vs 16 goals on 77 shots).   

49 minutes ago, misfish said:

Dought we will be seeing any of this kind of action,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I still remember watching that one live on TV. Rosehill did great but there's another camera angle, after throwing punches for a long time, they come apart and you can see the fear in Rosehill's eyes as if he's asking "how long is this going to go on, where's the refs?"

Edited by chris.brock

gotta love that hockey !!!! did you see Schenn clearing guys out in front of the net , not taking any Bull !!!

geeze I wish we had a defencemen like that 

no matter what you say ... fights like that is what can change the whole confidence of a team >>>>

1 hour ago, jerpears1 said:

Oh good. Melnyk made the news and so did the Oilers. Squid and Moxie will be happy we have something to talk about other then the leafs. 

Where shall we begin? 

Happy? I  couldn't care less

Edited by moxie

32 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

Oh yeah. That was Squid. I get you both confused sometime. Maybe with some original content you'd be more memorable. 

Original? Moxie couldn't care less. How's that?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

Oh yeah. That was Squid. I get you both confused sometime. Maybe with some original content you'd be more memorable. 

I'm curious. Does posting your own obvious and regurgitated comments from media dough heads make them original?

Funny, you old guys want the leafs to be the 2010 leafs again.

i cannot friggin wait for Toronto to beat Boston, then everyone can shut up once and for all. Maybe then people will appreciate the fact that for the first time since 1992 the leafs have a really good team again.

4 hours ago, moxie said:

Zing!! You sure told me didn't you? 

..............and yet you keep replying :)    I really hate this time of year, I'm sure we'd both rather be fishing, lol!

Edited by BillM

1 hour ago, BillM said:

, I'm sure we'd both rather be fishing, lol!

I am, and still get to read and have a few chuckles.

5 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Funny, you old guys want the leafs to be the 2010 leafs again

Funny thing is, the leafs have no tough guys, not a real one. They have not got a guy on the bench that the other teams will think twice about taking cheap shots.