2019-2020 Hockey Thread

8 hours ago, chris.brock said:

the Leafs have won a crap ton of games the last couple seasons, Jeremy mentioned it's pretty quiet on this thread post game, there's no arrogance or rah rah rah, or irrational exuberance 

well not TONIGHT, WHOOOOAA, DOWN 3 GOALS TWICE, SLEEP TIGHT YOU MISERABLE HATERS WATCHING THE GAME, I KNOW I'LL SLEEP GOOD!!!!

Watched Cricket last night . With the last two collapses  I'm certain Sleep has been quite restless this week. Won't matter though. In a couple of weeks the Manic Blue Droolers won't sleep win or lose.

Jer, I think now that freddie played the whole game and won, they are gonna rest him tonight and hope that he wins the next game to get him feeling good about himself then they will give him more games off. 

Resting him now when the playoffs are still 3 weeks away won’t do anything for him in April. When was the last time a nice rest made you feel great a month later lol.

i do gotta laugh at the “this isn’t a leafs thread” sentiment. Funny, seems to me like the leafs fans here talk more about other teams than any of the supposed “hockey fans” we have reading this thread.

its nice to know that Toronto is so in everyone’s heads that the only thing they can even think about talking about hockey wise is the Toronto maple leafs, even if it is vile hatred and slander lmao.

Actually maybe I lied, we’ve talked about the senators at length lately. Let’s keep that conversation going lmaoooo

Or for you toilet seat fans out there, that 16th overall draft pick is gonna be a real doozy

Edited by AKRISONER

1 hour ago, muskymatt said:

23 goals against in the last 4 games.

No defense no goaltending

Worried yet?

Honestly? ....... yes. I feel like the leafs have been 10th in the East since Nylander came back (can’t remember the exact spot but it’s not in a playoff spot). Needless to say it has not been good hockey. 

13 minutes ago, misfish said:

Matt, you disappoint me.

You deserve a big give them an ass kicking thread. Why hold back ? Giver Matt.

They inflict enough punishment on themselves lol.

I just like to remind them now and then! 

I figure that watching rhat game was painful enough.

Kind of like all the 17,000 laffites at our rink last night sitting there crying in their beers.

Man I wish I would have gone 

?

Edited by muskymatt

4 hours ago, BillM said:

Everyone who hates Gardiner would sure like him back on the blue line right now :)  Dermott wouldn't hurt either!  

Amen Bill, I slandered Jake all the time, I don't miss miss his give aways and bonehead plays but I want him back for his positives that outweigh that, I think I've changed my tune on Gardiner now that he's not in the lineup 

2 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

Amen Bill, I slandered Jake all the time, I don't miss miss his give aways and bonehead plays but I want him back for his positives that outweigh that, I think I've changed my tune on Gardiner now that he's not in the lineup 

X2. 

I’m sorry Jake! I was wrong! I was wrong!!!!!! You’re still leaving us in July though. 

8 hours ago, hatethelaffs said:

I'll just wait to hear the long winded excuses Akrisoner will come up with for this one.........what a joke the Laffs are you guys should be embarrassed

what a darn miserable existence, a life based on reveling in others perceived misfortune

so what's your team? or does it change? don't have one it's just pure, ugly hate?

13 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Worried yet?

no, I'm not. It's been the same mentality for a while, we could go out in 4 straight or with a lot of bounces we could go all the way

you gonna be hanging from a rope in your garage if the Leafs ever went all the way? worried yet?

27 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, lol, but that's pretty much my thoughts

Nope. I’m legit on this one. I was a Gardner basher since last years playoffs. I noticed the bad and let it overshadow the good. I still think he could be better in his own end, but there is a lot worse. 

10 hours ago, chris.brock said:

10 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

X2. 

I’m sorry Jake! I was wrong! I was wrong!!!!!! You’re still leaving us in July though. 

10 hours ago, chris.brock said:

what a darn miserable existence, a life based on reveling in others perceived misfortune

so what's your team? or does it change? don't have one it's just pure, ugly hate?

9 hours ago, chris.brock said:

no, I'm not. It's been the same mentality for a while, we could go out in 4 straight or with a lot of bounces we could go all the way

you gonna be hanging from a rope in your garage if the Leafs ever went all the way? worried yet?

9 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

Nope. I’m legit on this one. I was a Gardner basher since last years playoffs. I noticed the bad and let it overshadow the good. I still think he could be better in his own end, but there is a lot worse. 

WoW!!!

On 3/15/2019 at 9:01 PM, chris.brock said:

There's no arrogance. We're talking hockey and the Leafs happen to interest us most so that's what gets posted.

Obviously everybody is welcome to participate but all you guys seem to do is troll, promote Leaf hate and throw stupid, childish insults.

So yeah, it's become the Leafs fans/  miserable, Leaf hating troll thread 

Love it, Stupid childish insults. Tell me Chris, did you play hockey in your life? If you did how high did you get in your career? Double A? 

Yawn.* well this year this thread has been getting real old real fast. If the adults ever show up wanting to talk about any other team rather then just bashing the leafs i’ll Be happy to have a conversation on where Ottawa is going moving forward, the incredible season Montreal and Calgary are having, Will Winnipeg face the same problems Washington has in the past being a firewagon hockey team? How much more can Connor McDavid take in Edmonton and what is to be done? Are the Canucks 2 or 5 years away from playoff contention............... but since the people who hate the leafs don’t have a team and would rather just yell about how much the leafs suck, I can’t see any of that intelligent conversation happening. 

I mean, when we get such intelligent counter arguements as ‘wow’ why even bother having the thread? I mean, that pretty much says it all right? Careful Pierre McGuire  your job is on the line with such insightful commentary as this.

Now carry on. As you were. 

Edited by jerpears1
  • Like 2

Well I for one will be realistic.

Leafs will be out in 4-5 games playing like that. And watching/listening to the last few games, I may just be right. Something is going on in that locker room. Bas dose not have control of this team.