2019-2020 Hockey Thread

they're bitter, they loved him, they offered him more money but he went to Toronto for less money and they got nothing in return

If I was at a Leaf game and Sundin was back with the Canucks, I'd want blood too

I love Long Island's passion and I don't like the execu nerds at the ACC

Edited by chris.brock

I’m totally going to sound like a homer on this one but that goal that was called back swung the momentum. It doesn’t account for 6 goals but you could see the game turned after that was called back. 

Plus normally with playoff games one team doesn’t play a back to back with the other team full rested. 

28 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

I’m totally going to sound like a homer on this one but that goal that was called back swung the momentum. It doesn’t account for 6 goals but you could see the game turned after that was called back. 

Plus normally with playoff games one team doesn’t play a back to back with the other team full rested. 

Yup.

10 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Another story that can be read into this game, yeah Sparks sucks but this game was similar to a playoff game, and zero toughness, size and grit = 6-1 blowout loss 

After watching the game last night I was thinking of what to say  ... according to Akri he seems to think that this Leafs team will have no problems in the playoffs  !!! LOL

No friggen excuses ... back to back games ? they knew this was going to a big game for Tavares, yeah they had a backup goalie and were missing some players but the playoffs is going to be tougher than last night ..... no toughness absolutely !!!!!!  if they play Boston first round ... geesus !!!!

and the Islanders fans .. LOL ... Wow i wish we could replace the first 20 rows at the Scotia Bank place with  real Leafs fans like that !!!!!

I didn't see any suits at ice level last night at the Islanders  ... I've been to few Leafs games this year and absolutely you can hear the skate blades on the ice its so quiet....

49 minutes ago, Jds63 said:

After watching the game last night I was thinking of what to say  ... according to Akri he seems to think that this Leafs team will have no problems in the playoffs  !!! LOL

Time will indeed tell...If you seriously think Matt Martin would have been the difference in the game last night...

Only took 2 weeks for the leafs nation to turn their backs on Jake Muzzin...not surprised

Apparently hes soft now too

Man.. that was a bit of a beating last night for the Leafs.... lets shake that one off. Could be worse though.

1. You could be in last place

2. You could have to trade away all your best players (because the don't want to be a part of your team)

3. Your future arena deal could go to crap

O and just to put a cherry on top

4. Fire your head coach 

https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/marc-crawford-named-interim-head-coach-of-rebuilding-ottawa-senators/c-305356826

And that is just in a 1 month span!!! 

2 hours ago, Jds63 said:

No friggen excuses ... back to back games ? they knew this was going to a big game for Tavares, yeah they had a backup goalie and were missing some players but the playoffs is going to be tougher than last night ..... no toughness absolutely !!!!!!  if they play Boston first round ... geesus !!!!

and the Islanders fans .. LOL ... Wow i wish we could replace the first 20 rows at the Scotia Bank place with  real Leafs fans like that !!!!!

I didn't see any suits at ice level last night at the Islanders  ... I've been to few Leafs games this year and absolutely you can hear the skate blades on the ice its so quiet....

To be fair... the arena has pretty much been empty every other game of the year... so lets not think this is the norm for the Isles fans. (Last in the league in attendance in the 2018-2019 at 12k average) 

That said... I sure wouldn't want to play in that barn come playoff time!

Edited by BassMan11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

Time will indeed tell...If you seriously think Matt Martin would have been the difference in the game last night...

Only took 2 weeks for the leafs nation to turn their backs on Jake Muzzin...not surprised

Apparently hes soft now too

I'm certainly not saying at all that Matt Martin would be better to have on the Leafs lineup ... i'm by no means an armchair general Manager 

But I know what i see, as do most Leafs fans .. every scrum in front of the net the Leafs seem to scatter ...LOL, my comments are intended for their playoff hopes , we know what they have done in the regular season , they won't be able to generate their speed and skill as easily if they get off their game every time someone finishes their check on Marner and Mathews

their regular season play in these last 18 games is going to show us what we can expect in the playoffs ... beating the Oilers was not something i would get overly excited about ... they play Tampa and Calgary coming up, these are games to see if the Leafs really shine

a healthy lineup going into the playoffs is going to be critical ... the crowd last night at NYI was a playoff crowd, that was just a taste of what to expect in the playoffs .. just wish our Scotia Bank arena was like that ...

all i want is to go deeper than the first round !!!!!!

10 minutes ago, BassMan11 said:

To be fair... the arena has pretty much been empty every other game of the year... so lets not think this is the norm for the Isles fans. (Last in the league in attendance in the 2018-2019 at 12k average) 

That said... I sure wouldn't want to play in that barn come playoff time!

That’s what gets me. Everyone is saying they want New York’s fans?!? So we want fans that come out for one game and then are the lowest attendance in the league for a team that is in first? It sucks we have the suits filling the first 20 rows but having a wait list for tickets is 100 times better then the alternate. Grass isn’t always greener. 

22 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

That’s what gets me. Everyone is saying they want New York’s fans?!? So we want fans that come out for one game and then are the lowest attendance in the league for a team that is in first? It sucks we have the suits filling the first 20 rows but having a wait list for tickets is 100 times better then the alternate. Grass isn’t always greener. 

go to a regular season game at the Scotia Bank arena and yell "you suck" at a player from the opposing team and everyone in the stadium will hear you !!!! LOL

after 51 years of polite fans waiting for a chance to have a downtown Stanley Cup parade I think we can get a little pissed off at opposing teams

I think Hainsey and Zaitsev need drills on how to handle 2 on 1's, they both blew them last night resulting in goals . 

when the score was 3-1 I hope I am not the only one thinking , why isn't he pulling the goalie? 

Last night was hardly an indication of "how good" or "how bad" the maple leafs are.

They arent the ottawa senators that lose 6-1 or 6-2 every game because they are horrible.

Up until last night the stupid NHL Point system had Boston, at team with 2 less wins and 2 more losses than the Toronto Maple Leafs ahead of Toronto by a point in the standings...incredible right? 

The line up was decimated, they were tired and they walked into an absolutely ridiculously hostile environment on a Thursday night to a team that was waiting for them salivating for the chance to take a shot at the maple leafs.

Was nice of the maple leafs to come to town though and actually sell some tickets in Nassau for once.

Do people actually feel like a guy like Auston Matthews is not capable of elevating his game and using his size and strength to takeover the game come playoffs? Do leaf fans actually believe that a guy like John Tavares (who averages a point per game in the playoffs...during the lean scoring years) isnt capable of elevating his game to another level?

Do people actually believe a player like William Nylander who is scoring at over a point per game pace over the past 10 games is going to all of a sudden no longer be able to compete with a bunch of connor brown type players just because theres a bit more hitting?

Is Nazem Kadri going to no longer be a wrecking ball like he is every playoffs, zipping around the ice hitting everyone?

Is muzzin going to stop laying out everyone that tried to enter the zone on the left side with the puck?

Is Mr. Baby shampoo soft Marner (who was the leafs best player last playoffs) going to lose his magic and his ability to be a play maker (by the way, if the NHL gets rid of the ridiculous milimeter offside review system, that game could have gone entirely different, because a difference making player like marner, surprise surprise, made an incredible play only to have it overturned by a stupid video review) simply because "tHe lEAfs nEeD mOrE SanDpaPer"

Which leafs fan here wants to put 20 bucks on it? Ill bet on this leafs team to make it out of the first round. Im not interested in betting with Montreal Ottawa, or any other team that isnt even going to be in the playoffs fan's...which leaf fan here wants to bet against their own team simply because the best forward line up in the NHL doesnt have enough "sandpaper" (maybe tampa is better...debatable, i think their D is better thats why they are better but whatever) 

Edited by AKRISONER

1 hour ago, hatethelaffs said:

Akrisoner I've never encountered a more uneducated biased fan. I'd take that bet but guys like you never pay. What a sad bitter little man you are with the biggest Napoleon complex plus you can't fish

51280307_10157092933539661_6195843778813624320_n.jpg

clearly the only way you know how to fish if you even fish?

Image result for trolling fishing

Edited by AKRISONER

On 3/1/2019 at 1:43 PM, hatethelaffs said:

Akrisoner I've never encountered a more uneducated biased fan. I'd take that bet but guys like you never pay. What a sad bitter little man you are with the biggest Napoleon complex plus you can't fish

what a stupid, childish thing to write