2019-2020 Hockey Thread

10 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I thought it might be fun to take the family on a road trip on March break and watch the Leafs in ottawa. I checked, the crappiest seats are $180 each, so no thanks. 

Interesting though, a couple days earlier, we could see St Louis/ sens for $29 a ticket, lol, and that's on March break!

Unless the Leafs are in town, they can't give the tickets away. What a disgusting blemish ottawa and the sens are on Canadian hockey. 

As much as I'd like to hang that one on the Sens sadly it happens all around the league. My buddy and I checked a few years ago if we could make a leafs road trip to Columbus happen (We want to see every team in the NHL eventually play a home game) Same deal. The worst seats were $100 (this was 5 or so years ago). Where as a few days later you could get lower bowl for under $50. Buffalo prices their tickets by Tier (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum) depending on who they are playing. Guess who is at the top of all of that? 

The big thing that gets me for that is explain to me again why the Leafs can't spend over the cap when they are clearly providing added revenue for these teams that otherwise would be struggling. Lets implement a soft cap with a luxury tax. It doesn't make the league fair? Tough! Life isn't fair. 

14 minutes ago, hatethelaffs said:

And back to reality.....

50734558_10157530414893484_4157222472137048064_n.jpg

Zzzzzzz........ 

You're either a Sens fan or a troll to come on a FISHING FORUM, name yourself about a hockey team you hate, and make 2 posts. (Is that you Matt? Musky fisher by day, throw on the mask and troll by night)

If you are a Sens fan there is nothing to talk about. The Sens have done no better and are about to give Jack Huges on a silver platter to Colorado this year. 

The Sens have:

1 presidents trophy

1 Wales Trophy

1 Norris Trophy 

oh oh and:

0 Stanley cup trophies. 

Read that last one a couple more times. 0. Because without that trophy, none of the others really matter and are just participation awards. 

Edited by jerpears1

1 hour ago, jerpears1 said:

Zzzzzzz........ 

You're either a Sens fan or a troll to come on a FISHING FORUM, name yourself about a hockey team you hate, and make 2 posts. (Is that you Matt? Musky fisher by day, throw on the mask and troll by night)

It's just Matt and his illegal second account!!!!   ?

• Like 1

The Blues game is a great look at what the  Leafs have in store for the playoffs. The Blues are heavy on the puck and have a relentless forecheck .. as Kypreos said all the teams know they can take a run at Leafs players , there is no one that will will make them pay the price ... just not mean enough ... 

After that hit on Kadri twice ...  nobody in the Leafs to step up ... 

Just not liking what i’m seeing if they are to get deep into playoffs ... 

only 3 penalties in the game, all are marginal, discretionary bull crap calls and all 3 go against the Leafs?  with the Leaf's speed in this game? blowing by  blues defenceman?

I saw tons of interference and hooking/ slashing they could have called on the blues, it could easily have made the difference in the game

Edited by chris.brock

1 hour ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

I really think Tampa is going to win it all this year.

They are unbelievably good. 

With 21 games left in their regular season they already have 94 points.

Their #'s at the end of regulation are going to be stupid high.  ?

They'll lose to the Habs in the first round. (And I'm not a Habs fan)

You heard it here first!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

You heard it here first!

Price will be the Price of old. PRICELESS.

After the leafs beat Boston,it will be a great series TO vs MON

Edited by misfish

6 hours ago, misfish said:

Price will be the Price of old. PRICELESS.

After the leafs beat Boston,it will be a great series TO vs MON

Price is still under career stat levels....he is not the Price of old. Leafs beat Boston? More improbable would be Habs get to the playoffs and take out either #1 seed. Most improbable would be the two teams meeting in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, scuro2 said:

Price is still under career stat levels....he is not the Price of old. Leafs beat Boston? More improbable would be Habs get to the playoffs and take out either #1 seed. Most improbable would be the two teams meeting in the playoffs.

So nothing like 2010 when Montreal did just that against Washington right? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

So nothing like 2010 when Montreal did just that against Washington right? 

Hope springs eternal bud! :) THIS AIN"T 2010 bwhahaha!!

First Montreal has to make the playoffs and THEN it needs to take the first wild card spot to get Washington in the first round. I would take that bet that they can't even accomplish this! Oh by the way the HABS are not winning the cup again this year or next, or anytime soon!  :)

Edited by scuro2

21 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

You heard it here first!

27 minutes ago, scuro2 said:

Hope springs eternal bud! :) THIS AIN"T 2010 bwhahaha!!

First Montreal has to make the playoffs and THEN it needs to take the first wild card spot to get Washington in the first round. I would take that bet that they can't even accomplish this! Oh by the way the HABS are not winning the cup again this year or next, or anytime soon!  :)

I think you missed the part where I said I'm not a Habs fan.

Anyways, if you look back throughout the seasons Montreal has a weird knack of playing spoiler in the playoffs. I was looking for a few examples, there were a bunch that were less epic but they have been spoiler more then once in the last 10 years. 

They aren't taking the division spots from Toronto or Boston, that first round matchup is pretty much set in stone, so may as well get ready for it. 

But for Montreal to take the second wildcard spot and face Tampa in the first round (As I had predicted, not Washington) they would have to beat out Carolina who they are 3 points up on and Buffalo / Philly who they are 8 points up on.

Its not as cut and dry as out west where 6 of the 8 playoff spots are already determined and a team that is barely .500 will make the last spot, but if I were a betting man, I'd say that Montreal will get one of the two wildcard spots. 

ya...the habs arent beating tampa...its a nice thought but if you seriously think the #30 powerplay in the league and #20 penalty kill stands a chance of stopping kucherov and stamkos PP i want some of what you are smoking.

The only way you beat tampa is with a bit of forward depth, Basically their only weakness is their 3rd and 4th lines. Which in the playoffs matters...but they are by far the team to beat in the entire NHL, they arent the old washington capitals that just racked up 1000 goals in the regular season to fizzle out in the playoffs. They have been there, have the experience, and damn are they good. Kucherov is a beast, the only reason he isnt getting respect is because hes russian.

Man, you guys love a sure bet eh? In the playoffs anything can happen. 

2 years ago Chicago got knocked off by Nashville in the first round (1 vs 8  ) 

and Montreal lost to New York (2 vs 7)

The year before that same with Nashville knocking off Anaheim and the Islanders knocking off Florida. 

Every year there is a team that everyone says 'can't be beat. Greatest team ever'. People thought washington was going to score 10 goals a game and steamroll everyone for years. Pittsburgh is too good and will be a dynasty for years. Chicago has all the players, the team didn't change.

And then some team that worked its ass off to get into the playoffs and made in on the last day outworks the team for 7 games and surprises everyone because the top team expected an automatic 'bye' into the Stanley Cup finals. It happens every year. 

I could be wrong on this and they may not even end up facing each other, Montreal may not make the playoffs and Tampa may be the juggernaut everyone says they are............. but I don't think so.  We'll have much to talk about come April on this topic. 

• Like 1