2019-2020 Hockey Thread

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:48 PM, misfish said:

In the what ??????????????????

Wheres that Matt guy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well I even have to admit that Muzzin is close to a piece of what the laffs needed on D to push them to the next level. LA was so bad that this trade should be a refresher for him.

Another trade like that and if Matthews wakes up the laffs could be hard to beat.

But they won't win it this year and next year they will have to move/or lose key pieces due to cap issues.

This is like a really bad nightmare but it's still a very good possibility the laffs will fold like a deck of cheap cards

?

On 1/29/2019 at 6:36 AM, AKRISONER said:

This deal is gonna makea  guy like Chris Brock especially happy.

yep, you called it, even guaranteed it, cheers,

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night, it's been a long 8 days of Leaf deprivation and we also get to see our new D Man in action. 

Edited by chris.brock

On 2/2/2019 at 7:17 PM, DRIFTER_016 said:

Damn you Toronto!!!!

Ya got me right in the feels!!!  ????

Wacky weather lately around here man, it was raining inside the house on saturday and the rain was hitting my face...climate change i tell ya.

Muzzins hit on Saturday was crazy impressive, stick check knocks the puck off of the man and then levels him. Awesome.

https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/news/maple-leafs-auston-matthews-contract-extension/c-304500460

The Toronto Maple Leafs announced today that the club has agreed to terms with forward Auston Matthews on a five-year contract extension. The average annual value of the contract is $11.634 million. 

Matthews, 21, has appeared in 38 games for the Maple Leafs this season and registered 23 goals and 23 assists for 46 points. He skated in 62 regular season games for the Maple Leafs in 2017-18 and registered 63 points (34 goals, 29 assists), while adding a goal and an assist in seven Stanley Cup playoff games. In 182 career NHL regular season games, he has recorded 178 points (97 goals, 81 assists), while registering seven points (5 goals, 2 assists) in 13 career Stanley Cup playoff games. In 2016-17, Matthews captured the Calder Trophy as the NHL's Rookie of the Year and was named to the NHL's All-Rookie Team after establishing Maple Leaf rookie records for goals (40) and points (69) in a season, which led all NHL rookies in both categories. In his NHL debut on October 12, 2016 at Ottawa, he set a new NHL record for goals scored in an NHL debut with four. The Scottsdale, Arizona native has also represented Toronto at the NHL All-Star Game in three consecutive seasons (2016, 2017, 2018).  

Internationally, Matthews has represented the United States at the 2016 IIHF World Championship and registered nine points (6 goals, 3 assists) in 10 games to earn a Top 3 Player on Team recognition. He has also represented the United States at two World Junior Championships (2015, 2016), capturing a bronze in 2016, two World U-18 Championships (2014, 2015), capturing gold at both, and the 2014 World U-17 Hockey Challenge. He took part in the 2016 World Cup of Hockey in Toronto as a member of Team North America and registered three points (2 goals, 1 assist) in three games.  

Matthews was originally drafted by the Maple Leafs in the first round (1st overall) of the 2016 NHL Draft.

Muzzin raises the temperature of the game and the Leafs that used to like to float won't find that easy to do after a Muzzin hit!  You can either get involved or get run over! I like it! 

Has anyone else noticed how Muzzin nearly always hits the net with his shot?  It's off the glass when Gardiner slaps one!