2019-2020 Hockey Thread

43 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

The moment i’m Going to hold him to is the Nylander signing.

I hear ya, I don't like the contract either, but Nylander sitting benefits nobody, the puck isn't going in for him right now but he does have some pizzazz, I'm thinking hopefully he hits his stride and we use him this post season then trade or dump him to free up cap space

8 minutes ago, knightfisher said:

Could it be that Nylander's hold out and then signing disrupted the teams chemistry. They seemed to be playing better before he put his stick on the ice....

totally, is it coincidence or did the chemistry get stuffed up, the timing was bang on,

I'm not overly worried right now, I think the cream will rise to the top, it's better to be slumping now instead of in April

You laffites are hilarious.?

"Anderson is an elite goalie" 

"Gardiner is a top 2 d-man"

"Matthews poster going up in my bedroom"

"Sign Nylander and we will win the cup"

Blah blah blah blah ?

Average at best and falling fast, no defence and no goaltending, Nylander is an overpaid joke and Matthews is acting like a spoiled brat who didn't get his way.

7% on PP in last 7 games bahahahahahaha

1-6 in last 7 games at home, lost 5 of last 6 ?

It was inevitable  this was going to happen, and how did I know? 

The laffs suck, the dreaded blue and white disease is alive and well.

If your sad sack team doesn't fold like a wet T-shirt and you do manage to make the playoffs, it will be a sweep and golf season for the laffs again!

BOSTON BRUINS !

And then all your high profile stars will be asking for top dollar and they will walk if they don't get it.

It's game 49 for the laffs and it's imploding already .

Cue the crickets...….not one comment after last nights embarrassing loss.....and yes I watched it, and loved it!

??

Edited by muskymatt

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:38 PM, chris.brock said:

totally, is it coincidence or did the chemistry get stuffed up, the timing was bang on,

I'm not overly worried right now, I think the cream will rise to the top, it's better to be slumping now instead of in April

You crack me up lol?

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:32 PM, chris.brock said:

I hear ya, I don't like the contract either, but Nylander sitting benefits nobody, the puck isn't going in for him right now but he does have some pizzazz, I'm thinking hopefully he hits his stride and we use him this post season then trade or dump him to free up cap space

You're comments are like the gift that just keeps giving ? 

Who is going to want Nylander, only the laffs would overpay someone like him!

Hey, at least he cut his hair and shaved!

Bahahahahahaha

?

Edited by muskymatt

we arent seriously going to listen to a guy talk trash about the 7th place overall team while his favourite team is tied for second last place and only 1 point up on dead last in the entire NHL are we?

The gold in all of this is that when draft lottery time comes around and Ottawa gets that high 1st round pick...ahh how sweet it is that it gets shipped right over to Colorado lmao. No hope in hell for the senaturds

Also ahaha i hear offered duchene 8 million per season for the next 8 years! Duchene is 28 years old and has only scored over 60 points once in his career. Hes barely a 30 goal scorer! God i hope the do it. Come on douch-ene sign it and decimate the most pathetic franchise in the entire NHL even further!

13 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

we arent seriously going to listen to a guy talk trash about the 7th place overall team while his favourite team is tied for second last place and only 1 point up on dead last in the entire NHL are we?

The gold in all of this is that when draft lottery time comes around and Ottawa gets that high 1st round pick...ahh how sweet it is that it gets shipped right over to Colorado lmao. No hope in hell for the senaturds

Also ahaha i hear offered duchene 8 million per season for the next 8 years! Duchene is 28 years old and has only scored over 60 points once in his career. Hes barely a 30 goal scorer! God i hope the do it. Come on douch-ene sign it and decimate the most pathetic franchise in the entire NHL even further!

I guess I hit a nerve there eh? lol?

You won't get an argument out of me about being 28th of 31st place or the Avalanche getting the 1st pick. Duchene has been  a spark for the rebuild and whether they sign him or not the Sens will not do much for 3-4 years. I'm sure you can relate having waited 53 years for the laffs to do something , oh wait, they are tanking again ??

2 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

I guess I hit a nerve there eh? lol?

You won't get an argument out of me about being 28th of 31st place or the Avalanche getting the 1st pick. Duchene has been  a spark for the rebuild and whether they sign him or not the Sens will not do much for 3-4 years. I'm sure you can relate having waited 53 years for the laffs to do something , oh wait, they are tanking again ??

when will Ottawa ever make the playoffs again, at this rate? never because the team is going to fold in 4-5 years.

48 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

Most of this was my thoughts exactly. I'd rather be making the playoffs, even if its limping into them (which it won't be. This is just a really really cold patch) then go back to when the Leafs gave Boston Tyler Seguin. 

Welcome to Karma Matt. 

1 minute ago, jerpears1 said:

Most of this was my thoughts exactly. I'd rather be making the playoffs, even if its limping into them (which it won't be. This is just a really really cold patch) then go back to when the Leafs gave Boston Tyler Seguin. 

Welcome to Karma Matt. 

bingo..

when rielly, Nylander, Matthews, Kadri, Kapanen are all not scoring...Im a lot less worried then if its one single guy. People forget they went through an almost identical cold patch last season at the exact same time and ended up with a franchise record for points. You wanna face adversity and be ice cold in january and february, because then you are hot when it matters. Thats also why you build a huge cushion early so that teams dont catch you when you inevitably have a rough patch. Freddy has only been back 2 games as well and last night the game could have gone either way. im not going to worry about it until the leafs are actually out of the playoffs.

Well, it looks like I got my wish, 

https://www.nhl.com/news/auston-matthews-mitchell-marner-new-linemates-to-spark-struggling-toronto-maple-leafs/c-304118686

The only other thing I ask of Babs, play'em 22 plus minutes and keep the line together for a few games

Edited by chris.brock

I just realized I think I found something in the NHL we can all agree on. At least the Leafs and the Sens aren't the Edmonton Oilers. If I still lived in Edmonton I'd be asking for Chirelli's head on a pike.

Remember when Pittsburgh got Crosby? The team was terrible. Looked like they had to fold. Then they drafted smart around him. Fleury, Malkin, (I think they drafted Jordan Staal) and they became the closest thing to a dynasty in the salary cap era. 

Take Edmonton in the same situation. They may go down in history as the biggest waste of a generational talent of all time. How long before McDavid demands a trade out of Edmonton? 

1 hour ago, jerpears1 said:

I just realized I think I found something in the NHL we can all agree on. At least the Leafs and the Sens aren't the Edmonton Oilers. If I still lived in Edmonton I'd be asking for Chirelli's head on a pike.

Remember when Pittsburgh got Crosby? The team was terrible. Looked like they had to fold. Then they drafted smart around him. Fleury, Malkin, (I think they drafted Jordan Staal) and they became the closest thing to a dynasty in the salary cap era. 

Take Edmonton in the same situation. They may go down in history as the biggest waste of a generational talent of all time. How long before McDavid demands a trade out of Edmonton? 

Agreed, what a total mess in Edmonton. Sad to see!

5 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

Eugene Melnyk wants to know if you can hold his beer...

7 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

Edmonton fans deserve a medal!  Unbelievable mismanagement and coaching!

feel for me folks, my dads side of the family is from edmonton...I was an oilers fan before I was a leafs fan...Im more of a leafs fan since i moved here when i was 8...but edmonton is my second favourite team.

Its nearly as painful as my buddy who loves football, is a leafs fan and his football team is the the cowboys.

Edmonton fired Chiarelli this morning.

You knew something was gonna happen.

Man they go through a lot of coaches & GM's out there. ?

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/oilers-peter-chiarelli-fired-1.4989224?fbclid=IwAR3aUoTvqy7ulT0WreWZKcgKyRw_8yaTe8Gi5QyQN8IPoRmTOBZOb7cSSKw

Edited by DRIFTER_016