2019-2020 Hockey Thread

I bleed blue and always will, through thick and thin.

I got banned from Leafs Nation fb page for basically saying this

-nylander is way over paid

-sparks is way inferior to Freddie

-the Leafs lack grit and in the playoffs that's gonna hurt

-gardiner and hainsey damn up so often that criticism is warranted  and justified 

1 hour ago, chris.brock said:

I bleed blue and always will, through thick and thin.

I got banned from Leafs Nation fb page for basically saying this

-nylander is way over paid

-sparks is way inferior to Freddie

-the Leafs lack grit and in the playoffs that's gonna hurt

-gardiner and hainsey damn up so often that criticism is warranted  and justified 

I have no problem with any of this except for the grit part. 

The thing that kills me is that we are going to lose Gardner and Kapanen this off season. Though Gardner could be worse we still need to replace him. I don’t think the team will be as good at full health next season. 

On 12/23/2018 at 10:57 PM, jerpears1 said:

. I don’t think the team will be as good 

It won’t be, win now needs to be there mentality 

the cap won’t allow them to ever be this good again barring another entire rebuild.

now is the time to make the moves to try and win now

expect a blockbuster trade for a top pairing d man before the deadline I can almost guarantee it. Don’t be surprised to see the likes of kapanen gone. His value will never be higher

• Like 1

1 hour ago, misfish said:

Did we really need to pound them that bad ?

We have a goalie, that's for sure.

Is Slovakia that good ? Lead the US til the 3rd period .

In case there is any tie breaker needed you have to keep pouring it on unfortunately. It did get a little hard to watch near the end. I liked the fact that when Canada would score they would just go right to centre ice to get ready for the faceoff.... no celebrations. 

After getting waxed by the Fins in the pre-tourney we needed to send a message. Even though it was against lesser competition. 

Looking forward to the rest of the games... love this every year!

Not to upset when we lose Jake whether its to trade or to free agency. He is a turnover machine and should not be anywhere near a top 4 pairing. I have never liked him.... and just so we remember he was a large large part of losing game 7 last year. Give me anyone else who is defensively better and can make a good first pass. I would rather overpay for Nylander than overpay for Gardiner. 

Kap on the other had hes been one of our best players night in night out and that would be tough to lose... but this is the world we live in in a cap era.

Just a reminder.. we are only in the 3rd year removed from a dead last finish and trending in the right direction. Win now would be great but with a core of Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Reilly,  and Freddie (assuming we get everyone signed long term) we should be good for a while. 

All that to say instead of constantly critiquing and wondering what we are going to do next... I am sure enjoying being consistently in the top 5 in the league standings and wining a lot of hockey games. We are in every game and will be a tough out come playoff time.

GLG

I,ll bet ma and pop are glad to have him close to home. I know the father and the tender.  Down to earth fellas.  Mike was drafted by the Barrie colts. I remember how happy his pop was .Good trade for the buds IMO. Can not wait to see him play for the leafs.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/news/maple-leafs-acquire-goalie-michael-hutchinson-in-trade-with-panthers/1w4zhzo2rrqo41734h4512f1ty

On 12/26/2018 at 11:30 PM, chris.brock said:

you state your opinion like it's gospel, written in stone

I'm gonna call you on all of these posts down the road if you're wrong

when do you say this blockbuster trade for a D man is going to happen?

I'd love to see the leafs trade for Petriangelo but sadly with an additional year on his contract that isn't possible. 

I knew the last year of the Marleau contract was going to handcuff us the second he signed it. 

Also how much longer do the Willam Nylander fanboys want us to give him a break for? The rest of the season? All 7 seasons? What a mess.

On 12/23/2018 at 10:45 PM, DRIFTER_016 said:

Haven't heard from Matt in a while.  ? ?

Licking my wounds lol

Sens in last place is what was expected but man are they ever bad. I'm also just happy sitting back reading your guys posts about how bad Matthews is and Nylander is a bust. ?

Laffs are good but not going to win anything again. Love it how even the laffs media is saying they are in cap trouble next year.....seems the parade dream has come and gone.

Love it!

?

how bad Matthews is, who said that? 

It's a big league, and there's some good teams, but imagine if the Leafs did pull it off and won it all, the suicide rate in Canada would spike with all the miserable haters hanging themselves from a rope in their garage, if they weren't hanging they would be drooling and babbling nonsense in a mental institution. love it

11 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Licking my wounds lol

Sens in last place is what was expected but man are they ever bad. I'm also just happy sitting back reading your guys posts about how bad Matthews is and Nylander is a bust. ?

Laffs are good but not going to win anything again. Love it how even the laffs media is saying they are in cap trouble next year.....seems the parade dream has come and gone.

Love it!

?

Oh the things people will talk about to take their mind off the fact they will Probably have the first overall pick, which will then promptly go to Colorado. 

1 hour ago, jerpears1 said:

Oh the things people will talk about to take their mind off the fact they will Probably have the first overall pick, which will then promptly go to Colorado. 

Oh there is no question the Sens are in a bad position brought on by themselves.

You laffites sould be able to relate to that. Your teams management pretty much did that for 52 years.

The only thing I  expect from the Sens is an exodus of more players and be bottom of the league for 2-3 years.

Again, I'm sure you can relate.

With the next top draft pick Colorado will be a top contender .

Well, we did relate. Its unfortunate we are going to lose some players to the cap but what a problem to have. A mass piling of good players pretty much all under the age of 25 to the point that we can't keep them all. Where do I sign up?

Right now I think the only thing we are worried about is the fact that Tampa never loses a game. Will make for a tougher playoff road. 

Matthews is currently right now one of the top 10 maybe even top 5 players in the league. I was trying to argue to one of my co-workers this year that Marner is having a better season until they threw the PPG stat at me and I realized that was wrong. 

Nylander is in no way a bust but until he gets close to 1 PPG or at least 0.8 I'm going to continue saying that we paid too much for him. Again, considering the leafs mistakes in the past (The Phil Kessel trade being an 8 out of 10) the Nylander thing slides somewhere between a 1 and a 2.