2019-2020 Hockey Thread

I don't understand that one.

McAvoy saw Hyman coming but just stood there admiring his pass and didn't protect himself at all. Shoulder on shoulder.

Chris Wagner should have got the hearing for his intent to injure, head shot on Reilly because it was retaliation. 

Not feeling any pity for the Leafs on that Boston game as usual ... out hit , out played and outworked  ... they need to wake up and treat these games against Boston with a little more respect ... geeze Boston was missing key players too ... Kadri had to fight to try and wake up the team

Their speed and skill has never been enough against Boston , grit and toughness  ???? where is it ??? going back to wearing my Domi jersey for now ...

3 hours ago, BillM said:

The attempted run of Rielly is why we need a Simmonds type forward on our team.  

That's what I think, but I don't think Dubas and Babcock are looking to acquire players like Simmonds

Any player with grit seems to find themselves on another team, Martin, Polak, Komarov 

Babs said "our toughness is our power play", that didn't work out too well Saturday night, guys like Ron Hainsey shouldn't have to drop the gloves either

Edited by chris.brock

Boston does cheap shots and the refs don't call it.  They try to hurt the leafs.  Then to protect themselves the  leafs stop playing hard and give up the game.  

Watch the start of the games and you will see the start if the cheap shots.  

I don't know why the refs don't call it.   I don't watch hockey to see a goon knock out a star.  

I'm not familiar with Oleksy, maybe he's got some grit, it might be just a minor league deal but...

The Toronto Maple Leafs have acquired defenceman Steven Oleksy from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for right winger Adam Cracknell, the team announced on Monday.

13964578-1040x572.jpg

In Dubas We Trust. 

classic...everyone forgot that toronto beat boston in boston 2 weeks ago.

also people are of the belief that Toronto lost to Boston last year in the playoffs with this current line up.

Our centres in that series with boston last year I kid you not Matthews, Plekenec, Marleau and bozak

Thats a damn far cry from Matthews, Tavares, Kadri and whoever you decide to throw on the 4th pairing. I have no problem believing that if healthy at at full speed that our "second" line of Matthews Nylander and Marleau would run absolute train on a Krejci Backes and whoever the hell else line.

Or even better Kadri Kapanen and Brown vs Colby Cave and his 2 points this year? Joakim Nordstrom and his 5 pts and dont forget Ryan Donato? hes got 4 points this year as well...just a seriously deadly threat when facing 16pt man Kadri, or the guy with as many goals as that entire line has points combined Kapanen Seriously? lmao give me a break.

Thats not even Boston's 4th line haha. Ill admit, Bergeron is a beast that Marchand line killed toronto last year...but how in the hell does boston match up with the other 3 lines? its not even close

Edited by AKRISONER

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

but how in the hell does boston match up with the other 3 lines? its not even close

It all looks good on paper but come April, things are different when bodies are getting banged around with reckless abandon 

I honestly hope you're right because I want to win, but in my gut I think you're wrong and a balanced team is better for success 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BillM said:

Gardiner moves the puck really well, he's got a lot more pluses then minuses if you ask me.  Just gotta pair him with a stay at home banger and he'll shine.

bingo...leafs need to acquire a stay at home D man and their pairings look a heck of a lot better. If you have gardiner there to skate the puck with someone who can protect the house you have a very very good d pairing.

Im personally of the belief that kapanen gets traded this year for a star D man. 

His value is astronomically high because he got to play with matthews all year (on pace for close to 40 goals) Hes going to be too expensive to resign next year if he continues on the way he is...hence you trade a very very high valued young piece plus a prospect or a draft pick and use up that cap for a high quality D piece and make a run at it this year. I think Dubas has to know that the window is about as wide open this year as it will literally ever be again. If I am him I am going all in to try and win this year.

Edited by AKRISONER