2019-2020 Hockey Thread

16 minutes ago, misfish said:

Ottawa,s new home.

14 minutes ago, BillM said:

Should have just moved the Sens there.   I'm sure a bunch of EV driving hippies can support a hockey team better then Ottawa can.  

There is no money in it for the NHL if they move the Sens. There's over $600 mill US in it for them when the owners pay for the franchise...

HH

8 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

Matthews will be 12. Marner will be 10. The guy will get 100+ Points barring some injury this season.

Marner will not get 10. Dubas would rather let him sit, and 10 is a huge ask when you have guys like Seguin and kucherov not even making that much, and they have more scoring capabilities than Marner does, as he excels as a playmaker 

15 hours ago, leaf4 said:

Marner will not get 10. Dubas would rather let him sit, and 10 is a huge ask when you have guys like Seguin and kucherov not even making that much, and they have more scoring capabilities than Marner does, as he excels as a playmaker 

On leafs lunch when they were discussing Nylanders contract one of the guys made a really good point. It’s all about inflation. So if the cap goes up 10-15% then the players want a 10-15% increase in their salary. So if Marner signed the same year as Seguin or Kucherov would he have signed for less? Probnaly. But would they sign for more if they were finishing there entry level deal in 2019? Also Probnaly. It’s all relative. 

Until last night I had no idea the NHL was expanding to Seattle. I watch Kiro 7 from Seattle and watched them break ground to re do the arena there. I take it Hamilton will never get a team in my life, or any Millennial's lives.  Copps Coliseum or whatever they call it now is antiquated. It took 50 years to finally build a highway to tie in the QEW and 403. No way that city is ever getting a new arena or upgrade the one they have. I feel for the die hards in The Hammer. 

Drifter is right, because the Leafs will probably have a different lineup by that time.  However, this is when a team loses a player like Hyman, Brown or Johnnson after investing time into their development.

Edited by jimmer

6 hours ago, jimmer said:

Drifter is right, because the Leafs will probably have a different lineup by that time.  However, this is when a team loses a player like Hyman, Brown or Johnson after investing time into their development.

I'd be fine with losing brown, he's either having an off year or just stalled, he seems to be not as effective as last year...

Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares, Rielly, Andersen are locks for me to still be on the team in 2021 and to be protected...

Kadri probably protected, depends on how his season leading into 2021 is and his production from now till then.

Liljegren might be worthwhile to protect by that time, Dermott, Holl are potentials to bloom into great D men as well.... won't be easy to pick the 7-8 slot but the upside is we can only lose one.

Edited by leaf4