2019-2020 Hockey Thread

52 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

If there's one thing the brass has shown, it's they know what they're doing. The cap is going up next year and I'm sure they've done their calculations.

Kappi is on pace to score 30, so does that justify $9 or 10 mill with respect to Nylander's 20 goals $7 mill, with a bad attitude to boot? The numbers don't add up. When the final calculations are done, I would guess Nylander will be traded. Hopefully we get a good return.

Edited by chris.brock
  • Like 1

I think they'll hang on to him if the salary cap goes to the upper limit of what it's projected to be, they've got Rielly and Kadri locked up on team friendly deals, and marleau is gone after next year that makes space for AM and Marner.

Gardiner is potentially gone, unless he takes something in the 5 mil range I think. Zaitsev is going to be packaged and traded to just rid themselves of his contract. Hainsey will be gone after this year as well or come back for cheap. 

If the leafs go deep in the playoffs it will be self serving as it will help them generate more revenue to push the cap up. Would be nice if Montreal and NYR were better than they are because they generate big bucks too.

Gotta wonder what Marner is going to ask for, gone are the days of 6.5 as many projected last year.

Cap has been announced at 83mill so a 3.5 mill increase, if it continues at that trajectory the term on Nylanders deal is good for us.

I just hope we can get Marner for 8 or less, and Matthews at 12 or less

12 hours ago, leaf4 said:

Gotta wonder what Marner is going to ask for, gone are the days of 6.5 as many projected last year.

Cap has been announced at 83mill so a 3.5 mill increase, if it continues at that trajectory the term on Nylanders deal is good for us.

I just hope we can get Marner for 8 or less, and Matthews at 12 or less

Matthews will be 12. Marner will be 10. The guy will get 100+ Points barring some injury this season.

19 hours ago, misfish said:

That has to hit him. Wanting to play for the leafs and coming from Innisfil. Atleast he got a piece of his dream.

Carcone has some numbers. Lets hope he fits in the puzzle.

When are we going to work on D improvements ??????????????

Yes, it would be nice to see some moves to improve the defense.

Leivo was a pretty good hockey player, just no spot for him.  Glad to see they got something for him and he will have a chance to play regularly.  I think Carcone will be a Marlie for now.