2019-2020 Hockey Thread

6 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

They're doing great. Happy for Rielly too...first place in the league for scoring among defensemen. He's a keeper.

He should be next captain IMO.  Having a norriss like year 1/4 of the way through.

8 minutes ago, misfish said:

Sens beat the pens????????????? How did that happen ? Farm team for the Pens ??????????????

Sens have some pieces that are playing some decent hockey. It's a bit of a surprise to see them above 500 hockey.

And yes it doesn't hurt that the Pens are beat up. 

Its a known fact, teams come in to toronto and amp up their game because half of the team is from the GTA. 

Ive always said, although I absolutely love the hockey night in Canada game, it is the absolutely worst thing for the Toronto Maple leafs. You have a bunch of canadian guys that play in florida, texas, california, missouri where no one even goes to their games, then they get a game saturday night in Toronto, hockey night in canada the whole country is watching and the guys are back home in the GTA with their families watching live in the stands, its the worst thing that can happen to the leafs. Such is life.

Good news in all of this, Matthews shouldnt feel rushed to come back...although you want him playing, and you know he wants to be playing, they can make sure hes basically 100% before he hits the ice again and thats good.

Edited by AKRISONER

1 hour ago, grimsbylander said:

Another else watch the Flames/Oilers games this weekend?? What a great battle of the west game that was! Old time hockey was alive and well. If you missed it, catch the highlights online...they hate each other.

Lol I see Tkachuk takes right after his father except I have to say he does it in a much more clean manner, his dad would have just elbowed mcdavid in the head. 

Its funny that he turtled when kassian went at him haha Just a total pest. So much like Kadri ahahaha just causing all sorts of stuff and then diving and turtling when the other team takes a shot at him ahaha The kind of guy that you absolutely despise, but if hes on your team you love it. Darcy Tucker made a career out of it.

I think this is the kind of hockey Chris likes to watch, and i agree with him, intensity...but look, your good players can get in the mix, you dont need a useless plug out there just to fight. Draisaitl was in the mix in nearly every single scrum, plus he laid that absolutely monster hit. Tkchuk can play, and mix it up.

Thats why one of my all time favourite players is jarome Iginla, dude was absolutely tough as nails, strong as a bull, could score like a machine and was one of the best human beings to ever play the game, his charitable work is next level and hes an all around family man. You gotta love him.

Total Horse turd that the refs jumped in on that Nurse fight, you can easily read his lips F of! Let us f in go let us f in go

Edited by AKRISONER

notice Lucic knocks down Giordano and none of the Flames care to do anything, lol

There's lots of players who play a regular shift, can score, play good D etc but are physical, gritty and can fight when needed. The Leafs are lacking in this department. I find this a little worrisome, especially when April rolls around and the real season starts. 

6 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

Another else watch the Flames/Oilers games this weekend?? What a great battle of the west game that was! Old time hockey was alive and well. If you missed it, catch the highlights online...they hate each other.

It was a beautiful thing it was.   ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chris.brock said:

notice Lucic knocks down Giordano and none of the Flames care to do anything, lol

There's lots of players who play a regular shift, can score, play good D etc but are physical, gritty and can fight when needed. 

I am hoping to god that you arent refering to Lucic, the guy cant even skate never mind play at an NHL level lol

43 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

I am hoping to god that you arent refering to Lucic, the guy cant even skate never mind play at an NHL level lol

Babcock won 1 cup in Detroit but I've heard it said, and I agree, with the talent he had, if he would have had balanced it out with some grit and toughness, the Wings should have won 3 or more cups.

Are you watching tonight's 1st period? Lots of smooth skating in our own end defending but NOBODY knocking anybody down for christs sakes.

Edited by chris.brock

No one seems to mention Andersen, his play has been outstanding and he is a major reason the Leafs are winning as well.

He won that game for the Leafs last night ....

If the the Leafs get behind he keeps them in the game with critical stops , psychologically its a big boost for a team when you know your goaltender can do that ...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Babcock won 1 cup in Detroit but I've heard it said, and I agree, with the talent he had, if he would have had balanced it out with some grit and toughness, the Wings should have won 3 or more cups.

i agree...a decade ago it mattered, just like in 1984 youd probably want different players playing than in 1994. 

Funny, but I think a guy like Ennis playing on the fourth line last night made more of an impact than a Matt Martin fight with a nobody on columbus could have ever made.

1 hour ago, Jds63 said:

No one seems to mention Andersen, his play has been outstanding and he is a major reason the Leafs are winning as well.

He won that game for the Leafs last night ....

If the the Leafs get behind he keeps them in the game with critical stops , psychologically its a big boost for a team when you know your goaltender can do that ...

He was a no show in the 1st. 2nd and 3rd, he stole it.