2019-2020 Hockey Thread

4 hours ago, Jds63 said:

Not sure if the NHLPA would allow it but hit those players where it hurts  ... in their wallet ... Yeah I know it probably happens on other teams behind closed doors but this is a total embarrasment to the organization , let alone having these guys now try to explain there comments to other team members

after reading a few more articles and the statement put out by the players in question, apologizing to Coach Raymond and fans …  I think this was a huge learning experience for these kids … the Senators organization has also addressed it and will take it behind closed doors ..

too bad they won't say that stuff when they get interviewed between periods … LOL

1 minute ago, Jds63 said:

after reading a few more articles and the statement put out by the players in question, apologizing to Coach Raymond and fans …  I think this was a huge learning experience for these kids … the Senators organization has also addressed it and will take it behind closed doors ..

too bad they won't say that stuff when they get interviewed between periods … LOL

Pretty sure they just want this to go away as any team caught in a situation like this would.

A huge learning experience for them AND THE REST OF THE LEAGUE about shooting your mouth off in public and privacy. 

On 11/6/2018 at 2:18 PM, jerpears1 said:

Remember when Matt and Sens fans were happy to get Duchane? 

I get the feeling he is not a good locker room presence. Not the kind of player you want teaching Chabot how to be a professional in this league. 

Duchene is a great player and leader so far. They had a dumb moment, give them a break, they are kids. 

3 hours ago, misfish said:

Good game tonight. Win or lose,I will be happy.

We just can’t seem to beat Boston. Hope we don’t face them in the playoffs this year. 

4 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Duchene is a great player and leader so far. They had a dumb moment, give them a break, they are kids. 

Let me channel my inner Matt if it was the leafs that this happened to. 

“You silly Laffies. Babcock has lost the room and the players treat him like a joke. No discipline on this team. No wonder you have never won a cup since 67. This is how Toronto kills a players career’. 

Yet if it’s Sens players they made a dumb mistake. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

We just can’t seem to beat Boston. Hope we don’t face them in the playoffs this year. 

Let me channel my inner Matt if it was the leafs that this happened to. 

“You silly Laffies. Babcock has lost the room and the players treat him like a joke. No discipline on this team. No wonder you have never won a cup since 67. This is how Toronto kills a players career’. 

Yet if it’s Sens players they made a dumb mistake. 

Hey, Dechene hasn't won anything. I'm sort of but not fully defending them. The whole Sens Org is a joke right now. They have a couple good players but they will likely bolt in July. Aside from a win now and then like last night I have zero expectations of them except to lose.

On 11/11/2018 at 7:50 AM, muskymatt said:

Hey, Dechene hasn't won anything. I'm sort of but not fully defending them. The whole Sens Org is a joke right now. They have a couple good players but they will likely bolt in July. Aside from a win now and then like last night I have zero expectations of them except to lose.

You sound like a Leaf fan of old. When you rode them all the down your pony is taking it all in. Karma bud! :)

I try not to bash any fan except Habs fans. Cowboy and Yankee fans are less obnoxious.

Edited by scuro2

In a game like tonight, wouldn't it be better to have Martin in there instead of someone like Gauthier or Marleau?

Martin could say to Thornton and Meier "you guys want to run your mouths, talk to me".

Regardless, huge win, like Kypreos said, the cycling and buzzing by the Leafs in the 2nd was crazy.

The Leafs are 3rd in the whole league without AM and Nylander, not bad.

Edited by chris.brock

6 hours ago, chris.brock said:

In a game like tonight, wouldn't it be better to have Martin in there instead of someone like Gauthier or Marleau?

Martin could say to Thornton and Meier "you guys want to run your mouths, talk to me".

Regardless, huge win, like Kypreos said, the cycling and buzzing by the Leafs in the 2nd was crazy.

This game was proof though that you don't need Martin anymore. Let Thornton and Meier do what they want. Just kept them in the box and let the Leafs fill the net. No one got hurt and the leafs had the last laugh. Kapanen was amazing. He could get 20-30 goals this year and Kadri was perfect getting under their skin. Big win last night.

6 hours ago, chris.brock said:

absolutely not, especially without AM and Nylander you need offensive presence like marleau there. kaps first goal doesnt happen without marleau.

Whats martin going to do, protect kadri? The last thing you want is a guy like Matt Martin on the bloody ice when Joe Thornton is out there, that match up wouldnt happen all night anyways, and if it did its a mistake, and trust me theres nothing matt martin is going to do to Joe Thornton. 

Meier, seems like kadri did just fine handling his own...In fact, it probably made Kadri play even better, thats usually how it is when he gets to be intense and engaged. Its no different than when anyone plays hockey, if you get into a 1 on 1 war with someone, your game intensifies. No one got injured, they battled hard and won the game as you should. Kadri even said it after the game, he was the one engaging them because he knew he could throw them off their game and it worked.

7 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I wonder if Nylander is 2nd guessing himself. Missing out.

Watched the 6min reel. When will they get some defence ? 2 guys in front of the net and the one guy stands behind for a goal.

This kid Kapanen is unreal. Speed and stick.

Shout out to Freddy. Nice assist.

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Meier, seems like kadri did just fine handling his own...In fact, it probably made Kadri play even better, thats usually how it is when he gets to be intense and engaged. 

I thought Kadri was thrown right off his game last night after he realized guys were after him and he'd better keep his head up

3 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

This game was proof though that you don't need Martin anymore. Let Thornton and Meier do what they want. Just kept them in the box and let the Leafs fill the net. No one got hurt and the leafs had the last laugh. Kapanen was amazing. He could get 20-30 goals this year and Kadri was perfect getting under their skin. Big win last night.

Kapanen just might make many of us forget about Nylander.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chris.brock said:

I thought Kadri was thrown right off his game last night after he realized guys were after him and he'd better keep his head up

I think the concensus amognst his teammates and himself is that he actually played better because of it. In an interview with him he even admits that once he saw that the sharks were upset he went after it even harder because he knew he was in their head.

Any time you have Joe Thorton worried about your third second line centre and not scoring...thats a win

Also just to totally debunk your theory about "keeping guys honest"

Tom Wilson the "deterrent" is back and guess what TJ Oshie takes a head check and is now out with a concussion.

Edited by AKRISONER

32 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

I think the concensus amognst his teammates and himself is that he actually played better because of it. In an interview with him he even admits that once he saw that the sharks were upset he went after it even harder because he knew he was in their head.

in interviews, what else are they going to say? I watched the game and it looked like the opposite

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:35 PM, Oggie said:

I wonder if there won't be an unofficial boycott of Ubers by NHL players.  Anybody that's ever coached or played hockey knows that kind of discussion goes on all the time. It's no big deal! Coaches aren't there to be loved just coach!

Yes, and not just hockey. Winning teams have 2 things in common. They either despise their head coach or love them.  Example In the NFL, Mike Holmgren was not well liked (hate is a strong word) and Mike Tomlin is still loved , both won it all. It is said Holmgren went an entire year without speaking one on one with Brett Favre. Some coaches like Tom Cofflin went from despised to loved and won the Super Bowl. That happens more often than one might think. You guys can fill in the blanks for the NHL coaches. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker