2019-2020 Hockey Thread

13 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I hear ya Julian, but I think it's still pretty early in the season, he's proven what he can consistently do from his years in Long Island, I think the cream will rise to the top, I'm not worried or regretting signing JT.

Now that I've watched him play more closely, he's kinda like a blend of Dave Andreychuck/ Joe Thornton.

Maybe he settled back in Oakville. If I did happen to bump into him in Oakville, I'm going to thank him for having the passion and the balls to come home.

I’m with Chris. It’s a new team, bright lights in Toronto. He will still end the season with 30+ goals and 60+ points and should keep that pace his entire contract barring an injury. 

Guys like Johnny on the spot will make their money later in the season as the other teams wear out. They will find homes in the D or a player cheating their position and make them pay. My judgement will wait until the playoffs this year. 

Also he had a hell of a game last night. 

Also also Jesus Mitch Marner can play. That guy’s salary is going up every game. He never takes a night off. 

11 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

I’m with Chris. It’s a new team, bright lights in Toronto. He will still end the season with 30+ goals and 60+ points and should keep that pace his entire contract barring an injury. 

Guys like Johnny on the spot will make their money later in the season as the other teams wear out. They will find homes in the D or a player cheating their position and make them pay. My judgement will wait until the playoffs this year. 

Also he had a hell of a game last night. 

Also also Jesus Mitch Marner can play. That guy’s salary is going up every game. He never takes a night off. 

I dunno about you, but I'd be pretty upset if JT only hit the 60's for points in the coming few years. With the lineup the way it is, him playing 2nd line C with marner (with Auston is out obv #1) and seeing PP time... He should be well into the 80's and beyond for at least the next 5 years.

If he only does 60's then I guess we owe nylander 11 mil instead of 8 lol.

How do you know when you are in Canada Eh? When a Fishing site has 160 pages, not posts, on the NHL season and not a single post on  the  CFL let alone the NFL. When I was a kid CHML radio Hamilton had a 1/2 hour radio show on Hamilton High School Football during the week.  Now they hardly cover the CFL. It is what it is. I always wonder how many Canadian kids play Hockey vs. full contact Football today? Millions to thousands? 

On 11/3/2018 at 9:34 PM, chris.brock said:

I hear ya Julian, but I think it's still pretty early in the season, he's proven what he can consistently do from his years in Long Island, I think the cream will rise to the top, I'm not worried or regretting signing JT.

Now that I've watched him play more closely, he's kinda like a blend of Dave Andreychuck/ Joe Thornton.

Maybe he settled back in Oakville. If I did happen to bump into him in Oakville, I'm going to thank him for having the passion and the balls to come home.

I agree Chris ... Tavares is a class act and a workhorse maybe worth the money we shall see ... no questions there ...  and its only game 14 of 82

remember guys up until 2 games ago johnny was splitting time with our other number 1 franchise centre...hes still in the top 20 in scoring in the entire league, and you can guarantee a lot of those 20 will cool off as the season grinds on and i have 100% faith that johnny will keep scoring at the same rate he has his entire career, and hes on a good team is its pretty safe to assume he will score 75+ points this year.

Ottawa players caught mocking coaches and own penalty killing abilities. Also admitting to not listening and paying attention in practice 

https://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/candid-camera-ottawa-senators-players-caught-on-video-joking-about-team-badmouthing-coach/wcm/d1b7eeb8-9d42-4e4a-ba22-9ae2e2ea5d66

13 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

Ottawa players caught mocking coaches and own penalty killing abilities. Also admitting to not listening and paying attention in practice 

https://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/candid-camera-ottawa-senators-players-caught-on-video-joking-about-team-badmouthing-coach/wcm/d1b7eeb8-9d42-4e4a-ba22-9ae2e2ea5d66

LOL!!! This is gold!!!  ????

Passion isn't the word, fanatic fits best. Did a bit of research today, the US has some numbers for the last 10 years, no much here. The second largest shift is towards Ice Hockey as they call it. The strange number is Rugby that has risen by 45% in those 10 years. I will leave now, thanks. 

11 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

What a mess.  They need to let the assistant go if he has lost the ear of the players.  The players should be called to the mat on this also.

11 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

My son sent me this last night...I was dying of laughter!! UBER Funny!!  I'd rather have a team that lost ever game of the season as opposed to that dumpster fire in Ottawa. LOL They're like one of those horrible reality shows on TLC!! :rofl2: 90 Day Senator!! What an embarrassment to the NHL. I can only imagine what gets said to them on the ice during games. Seriously, take the team away from that idiot Melnyk and move it to Quebec. Or maybe they'll just fold again for another 50+ years.

2 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

My son sent me this last night...I was dying of laughter!! UBER Funny!!  I'd rather have a team that lost ever game of the season as opposed to that dumpster fire in Ottawa. LOL They're like one of those horrible reality shows on TLC!! :rofl2: 90 Day Senator!! What an embarrassment to the NHL. I can only imagine what gets said to them on the ice during games. Seriously, take the team away from that idiot Melnyk and move it to Quebec. Or maybe they'll just fold again for another 50+ years.

Every player on every team has done it since the beginning of the league. If you dont think the laffs players have done it extensively in the last 52 years of sucking then that would explain your complete and unquestionably gullibility for supporting them.

Embarrassing getting caught but nothing new.

Now Uber releasing it is another story with legal implications. 

Not sure why everything has to be explained to you, oh wait! You're a laffs fan lmao

what i find kind of embarrasing is that...ok i get it, they are human, but laughing about not caring when you make millions of dollars a year playing friggin hockey is a joke. 

Although that just goes to show how the coaching is failing its job. Babcock makes it very very clear, if you want to play hockey for him its a privilege, and a job, you put your boots on and get to work. Thats exactly why i think you see a lot of guys not play even though you may hear the leafs twitterverse up in arms about certain guys not playing. We have no insight into their professionalism off of the ice or in the room.

Want a crazy example of this? look how nazem kadri turned his career around under babcock. 

Theres a difference between being critical of your coaching staff and literally mocking it. 

Edited by AKRISONER

22 minutes ago, jimmer said:

What a mess.  They need to let the assistant go if he has lost the ear of the players.  The players should be called to the mat on this also.

Not sure if the NHLPA would allow it but hit those players where it hurts  ... in their wallet ... Yeah I know it probably happens on other teams behind closed doors but this is a total embarrasment to the organization , let alone having these guys now try to explain there comments to other team members

lol leafs twitter already saying they should fire babcock and hire quenville SMDH 

Is Montreal the only other hockey market this is this insufferable? ahaha 

Leafs sit 5th overall 2nd in the east and have improved every year under babcock including setting a franchise record for points last year and this year got off to one of the hottest starts in their entire history...but ya the coach sucks cause he plays nikita zaitsev over martin marincin 

2 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Every player on every team has done it since the beginning of the league. If you dont think the laffs players have done it extensively in the last 52 years of sucking then that would explain your complete and unquestionably gullibility for supporting them.

Embarrassing getting caught but nothing new.

Now Uber releasing it is another story with legal implications. 

Not sure why everything has to be explained to you, oh wait! You're a laffs fan lmao

Only you could possibly try to defend yet another embarrassing fiasco in Sucks land. How about another 58 years of not even being in the league?? LOL Move the team...they're a JOKE.