2019-2020 Hockey Thread

43 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

That's right. Sens beat the Stars twice and the Kings......and the laffs lmao!  

How far back are you going to claim that Ottawa beat the Stars twice?  It wasn't this season.

Never the less, I am surprised by their performance so far.  If they keep it up, there may be some good deals on tarps; maybe even in time to winterize some boats.   :whistling:

Edited by John Bacon

5 hours ago, John Bacon said:

How far back are you going to claim that Ottawa beat the Stars twice?  It wasn't this season.

Never the less, I am surprised by their performance so far.  If they keep it up, there may be some good deals on tarps; maybe even in time to winterize some boats.   :whistling:

Yes twice this season and 5 times straight.

Yes it is surprising and I dont expect it to last. 

1 hour ago, John Bacon said:

Are you counting periods; or games?  They haven't even played the Stars twice this season; let alone beat them twice.

Oops....yes I was mistaken. Must have had a glass of tainted laff water to be so delusional. 

So we beat them only once. LoL

3 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Oops....yes I was mistaken. Must have had a glass of tainted laff water to be so delusional. 

So we beat them only once. LoL

I assume that it's the same water that you've been drinking for quite some time now.  And the same water the Senators management drinks.  Toronto water seems fine.

I heard on Sportsnet that the Leafs have 26 million left after signing Tavares ...they have to divide into 3 contracts (Mathews, Marner and Nylander).

I think they will be in 14-15 mil for Mathews, that leaves 11-12 million to keep both Nylander and Marner  ...

Dubas is in Switzerland meeting with Nylander , wonder what the deal will be  ....

2 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

lol no

Connor makes 12.5

auston might get 12, but i think its more like 11 or maybe even 10 becaue hes playing on the leafs on a contending team not the friggin oilers.

He actually makes 15 million but cap hit is 12.5 

Mathews will be in that range for sure ....

image.png.eb3f27b8e949726cb4c6cff572297eca.png

15 minutes ago, Jds63 said:

All that means is his contract has a structure that makes it front loaded, so he makes the most money in the first couple of years and less in the latter, but still consumes 12.5 on the cap.

i am well aware of how the cap works ...

all i am saying is that with amount they have to spend its going to be interesting to see how it unfolds 

personally i think Mathews will be north of 13 million .. he is proving to be a top 3 - 5 NHL player.... hopefully he stays healthy ... 

18 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

I think they should give Matthews $19m + per year. Being that he will single handedly win the cup for the laffs and he is like superman.  Now where is my AM poster? You guys sound like a bunch of pre teens before a JBeiber concert! 

Ugh!

?

Why do you always post garbage with Trump like tweets ...

• Like 1

matthews aint making more than mcjesus not a chance in hell. Even if he outscores him.

You guys gotta remember, theres two sides the equation. NHL GM's have absolutely no tolerance at the moment for players salaries increasing even more than they already have. The Mcdavid contract was the new "high bar" which subsequently bumped the entire league's salaries up. NHL GM's do not want to make their own jobs any more difficult...if you dont think collusion is occurring on a mass scale at the "GM" Meetings then you are oblivious to reality. Its no different than how offer sheets just dont happen...because at the end of the day the GM's allegiance is to their ownership and their own jobs, by increasing player's salaries all you do is make your own job more difficult. There has to be a balance and i can assure you, that a year after the highest salary every made is signed, they wont raise the bar even further.

3 hours ago, Jds63 said:

We live in a crazy world.  It's starting to really bother me about athlete's salaries or their demands. How much money do people need!!!!!!!! There are people starving in our society or people that can't afford housing, then you get someone like Nylander wanting over $8 million after playing in the league for less than two years. I'm not starving or lacking a residence, but I know I can never afford to go see an NHL hockey game because of this. It would probably be cheaper for me to fly to Florida to watch a game there than buy tickets for a Leaf's game.

21 minutes ago, jimmer said:

We live in a crazy world.  It's starting to really bother me about athlete's salaries or their demands. How much money do people need!!!!!!!! There are people starving in our society or people that can't afford housing, then you get someone like Nylander wanting over $8 million after playing in the league for less than two years. I'm not starving or lacking a residence, but I know I can never afford to go see an NHL hockey game because of this. It would probably be cheaper for me to fly to Florida to watch a game there than buy tickets for a Leaf's game.

You want to really get ticked off?

See what F1 drivers and European soccer players make.

Not too mention baseball players over here.

Just think how much they would be making without a salary cap in the NHL.

This is nothing new ... professional athletes have always been put on a pedestal and paid ridiculous amounts of money .. its no one else's fault but our own (fans) of sports , even if we don't pay to go see a sporting event we may watch it on TV or buy some merchandise and that pays part of their salaries

Soccer , race car drivers, basketball , football , they all get way more money than hockey players .. I won't lose any sleep if Marner or Nylander dont' sign because he is not making an extra million on his contract.

What gets me is that we have doctors at sick kids hospital that save lives everyday and will not see an 11 million/ yr paycheck, but our society puts a different value on sports athletes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

You want to really get ticked off?

See what F1 drivers and European soccer players make.

Not too mention baseball players over here.

Just think how much they would be making without a salary cap in the NHL.

Yes, I meant all athletes!

6 minutes ago, Jds63 said:

This is nothing new ... professional athletes have always been put on a pedestal and paid ridiculous amounts of money .. its no one else's fault but our own (fans) of sports , even if we don't pay to go see a sporting event we may watch it on TV or buy some merchandise and that pays part of their salaries

Soccer , race car drivers, basketball , football , they all get way more money than hockey players .. I won't lose any sleep if Marner or Nylander dont' sign because he is not making an extra million on his contract.

What gets me is that we have doctors at sick kids hospital that save lives everyday and will not see an 11 million/ yr paycheck, but our society puts a different value on sports athletes.

No kidding......

• Like 1