2019-2020 Hockey Thread

1 hour ago, grimsbylander said:

You're right...they should just unload all their best players for a song and skate a bunch of has beens....otherwise known as the Ottawa strategy.:wallbash:

Karlson, Chara, Hossa, Spezza, just off the top of my head, I probably missed a couple

They said on TSN that statistically October is a high goal scoring month, then teams go over videos in practices and begin to tighten up defensivly.

I am sure the Leafs goal scoring opportunities will continue , i just hope they continue to score more than they let in ... LOL

Edited by Jds63

Just now, jerpears1 said:

Who wants a good laugh? 

One of the best power rankings ever posted. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-power-rankings-extremely-small-sample-size-edition/

That's hilarious. I know someone else that thinks you can predict an 82 game season from a 3 games snapshot! :rofl2: All the Leafs stuff is true though!! hahahaha

In a totally different era, in the late 70's, Lafleur, Shutt, Lemaire, Houle etc had a magical year and posted a league record 31.9 % success rate on the power play. If Babcock is at least somewhat smart and keeps the Leafs #1 PP unit, Kadri, AM, JT, Riley and the quarterback Marner together, I honestly think the Leafs have a shot at this record. 

Edited by chris.brock

I know McDavid has only played 2 games ... and I know it doesn't mean much in a 82 game season but on NHL.com the stats read like this , this morning ....

you gotta admit i don't think anyone of us have ever seen this before  ... go ahead Leaf haters  ... discuss ....

image.png.5693b2b3f722414d53ccd39aaa9fd832.png

34 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

I can't imagine what kind of money they are going to have to come up with to sign him long term next year  ... if they offered 11 million/yr  for 7 years for Tavares ... 

and don't forget Morgan Reilly ..

https://mapleleafsnation.com/2018/10/11/morgan-rielly-breaks-bobby-orr-record-with-historic-start/

Edited by Jds63

What a game.   Spot them a goal then stone wall stand on his head Anderson shuts the net down.  Clear the zone well and give the puck to strong as an ox Mathews.   Leafs side to side movement can’t be Stopped.  It’s all on babs where they go from here.  

12 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Gritty win against the Champs tonight.  :)

I thought it was pretty even, maybe slight edge to the Leafs, but yeah, that's good against the champs

Freddie found his game in Detroit and it continued.

Lindholm is a keeper.

chalk it up, 2 more points baby!

Edited by chris.brock

Nice to see Freddie getting his swagger back. He's never been Mr. October so he's actually ahead of schedule despite a shaky start. Matthews is a giant...again. The guy is not human lol. 10 goals already and for perspective, Crosby is waiting for his first. Tonight was a really good benchmark for the Leaf team. Great effort I thought.

Funny stat in the Ottawa game tonight....Ceci was out so Ottawa's highest paid defenseman on the ice was.... Phanuef!! LOL They're retaining $1.7M so they're paying more for him than their next highest paid Dman. Crazy how that works...and they won! We always said Phaneuf was better at the other end of the ice! hahaha