2019-2020 Hockey Thread

25 minutes ago, Jds63 said:

What a joke ...

after Vegas set the bar with their opening ceremonies during the playoffs, I think NHL marketing teams are trying to come up with ideas ... that one was lame for sure ....

I guess they knew that they couldn't reach the top bar, so they decided to go for the bottom one.  ?

Btw....anyone notice a complete absence of all the usual suspects that show up here every year to make their "just how crappy" the Leafs are season predictions?? LOL Geez, How did we know they wouldn't man up when the team is doing great?? Classic haters. 

Go Leafs Go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Thats going up in the living room right above the tv.  Wife will just have to deal with it. 

this pic is blowing up, i saw it on Twitter this morning and its gone viral...i almost made it my phone background this morning it was so cool. Still might.

1 hour ago, grimsbylander said:

Btw....anyone notice a complete absence of all the usual suspects that show up here every year to make their "just how crappy" the Leafs are season predictions?? LOL Geez, How did we know they wouldn't man up when the team is doing great?? Classic haters. 

Go Leafs Go

dont be surprise is matt comes back to the blue and white, hes a bandwagon jumper after all we already know that.

Either that or hes mysteriously going to become a san jose fan...

Omg you laffites are awesome lol.

The irony of your beatdown on the Sens is hilarious.  

For fans of a team who have won nothing in 52 years you sure have a lot of confidence lol.

Outplayed by the Habs with all your "star power" in the season opener. Bahahahaha

The only thing I've seen positive so far is the power play. That's right, playing when the other team has one less player. Lmao

Sens are a mess at the moment but looking at Ballard days you still hold the title for dysfunctional. 

The laffs first round exit at the hands of the Bruins will be that much sweeter this year lol

33 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

For fans of a team who have won nothing in 52 years you sure have a lot of confidence lol.

Outplayed by the Habs with all your "star power" in the season opener. Bahahahaha

The only thing I've seen positive so far is the power play. That's right, playing when the other team has one less player. Lmao

Sens are a mess at the moment but looking at Ballard days you still hold the title for dysfunctional. 

The laffs first round exit at the hands of the Bruins will be that much sweeter this year lol

Well it's obvious you were at the Sens opener and were struck in the noodle by many of their spheres of death!!!!  

??????

1 hour ago, muskymatt said:

Wait...you are watching the Leaf games?? HAHAHAHAHA We knew it!!!! "I hate the Leafs....what time does the game start??" :rofl2::rofl2:

If all the Sens "fans" can do now is point out Leafs history that's pretty pathetic. Your team sucks like no other... OWN IT!!!!!! :rofl2:

On 10/4/2018 at 5:21 AM, AKRISONER said:

lol i hear lots of people talking about the jets and preds...but washington won the cup...

Their D core was John Carlsonn and a bunch of journeymen...they just knew how to move the puck to their forwards. Its one game give it time. 

You guys are talking like Tampa Bay sucks too cause Stamkos and Kucherov arent big tough grinders lol The eastern conference isnt the western conference, two totally different styles of hockey. Case in

Im glad to see that Dermot looked really good last night, he was the leafs best D man...thats really really promising.

Dermot looked like Gardiner in that game, both doing things 10 year olds are coached not to do and then don't do. I don't know how crap like this isn't addressed at this stage in their career, how Babcock hasn't fixed this crap in how many years?

Bright spot was Lindholm.

I hope it was new season jitters because that was darn terrible. Anderson was great and AM and JT sniped a few, otherwise, the 2 points should have went to the lowly habs.

Edited by chris.brock

4 hours ago, muskymatt said:

So you're saying Ottawa has a chance eh! 

LOL

Bet the farm Matt! Bet the Farm! 

Also I love how when the leafs are the better team but lose a game ‘all that matters is the score at the end of 60 minutes’ 

but when the leafs steal one with opening night jitters ‘the outcome doesn’t matter. 

I will say this though, if we PK like we did against the Habs all season, better teams will score. That song and dance looked all too familiar.