2019-2020 Hockey Thread

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

dont be shocked when the leafs ship off nylander, one of the marlies guys plus a pick for some defensive help.

As long as it's a stay at home shut down guy. Don't know which ones are available though.

19 hours ago, leaf4 said:

Leafs are not moving nylander lol. They would be silly to do that. Unless the return is ridiculous of course.

good defensive help is worth it...thats the point, you may be able to package willie with a good prospect and a pick for some very very good defensive talent.

Leafs building, Sens crumbling, wheres Matt? 

12 minutes ago, Raf said:

as long as its not karlson

He is a good D man Maybe getting away from Matt, Karlson can be the D man he was too be. No more Matt talking in his ear. LOL

Edited by misfish

9 hours ago, mikeh said:

just wonder if Matt would cheer for the Leafs if we traded for Karlsson?

hes going to have to find a new team to bandwagon jump to soon enough. My guess is that he becomes a big time devils  or lightning fan, just like most bandwagon jumpers.

3 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

hes going to have to find a new team to bandwagon jump to soon enough. My guess is that he becomes a big time devils  or lightning fan, just like most bandwagon jumpers.

Nope, will stay a Sens fan. As far as Karlsson goes,  he's an awesome player and my preference would be for him to stay but if he goes, as long as we get pieces back that make the team better, I'm all for it.

The whole organization  is a total mess! I'm pretty much just waiting for the next ball to drop.

This sucks! 

How did we get to this from being 1 goal  short in double overtime in the conference finals the year before last? 

You guys got a good player in Tavares,  now you need defence x 2 and a #1 goalie and the parade will be on. 

I think you guys have a 2 maybe 3 year window to do it in or it will be gone.

Edited by muskymatt

59 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

I think you guys have a 2 maybe 3 year window to do it in or it will be gone.

you know what...your right, when matthews reaches the ripe old age of 24, Mitch Marner grows facial hair and turns 25, Willy is an ancient 26 and John Tavares is a friggin geezer at 31 years old...its over, close up shop and shut her down!  lmao you crack me up.

Lets not even get started on the boys down on the Calder Cup championship Marlies all too old and washed up i tell ya...god do the sens even have a farm team? or is that just the team that they put on the ice every night? I dont think anyone knows because no one watches the games anyways.

Edited by AKRISONER

7 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

you know what...your right, when matthews reaches the ripe old age of 24, Mitch Marner grows facial hair and turns 25, Willy is an ancient 26 and John Tavares is a friggin geezer at 31 years old...its over, close up shop and shut her down!  lmao you crack me up.

Lets not even get started on the boys down on the Calder Cup championship Marlies all too old and washed up i tell ya...god do the sens even have a farm team? or is that just the team that they put on the ice every night? I dont think anyone knows because no one watches the games anyways.

Maybe he meant decades   :lol:

20 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

No I meant when these guys have a good year they will all get greedy and want max dollars. 

Then the laffs will have to decide who they want and can afford.

you do realize that they have to sign them this year right? meaning according to your theory they have a 1 year window because they will all be gone aside from tavares next year?

53 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

No I meant when these guys have a good year they will all get greedy and want max dollars. 

Then the laffs will have to decide who they want and can afford.

You don't seem to understand how contracts work; or trades for that matter.

Taveris is signed for seven years.  If he has a few good years, he doesn't get to ask for more money.  Most of the other key players will be locked in to similar contracts by the end of this year.

In the case that they are not able to sign a key player.  They don't just lose him; they will trade him for other players that can help the team win.  Just because Ottawa tends to get poor returns on their trades; it doesn't mean that the Leafs will experience similar poor results.  In recent years the Leafs have got pretty good value on several of their trades...  In some cases by trading with Ottawa...

And the Marlies had a very good year last year.  So we should have some more good your players coming up soon.

I think the next few years are going to be difficult for you...

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:26 AM, AKRISONER said:

Talk about jumping ship my kid brother would become the newest fan of whomever won the Cup or Lombardi the year before.

7 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

Petrovic signed with the Panthers...1 year at $1.95M. That's a miss for the Leafs.

He was still an RFA... Unless the leafs offer sheeted, lol

Edited by leaf4

On 7/3/2018 at 11:13 AM, jerpears1 said:

You've been real quite since Saturday. 

I was off the grid all last week but, yep, I didn't think Tavares had the balls to make the move.

Big contract = big expectations, October is gonna be pretty exciting