2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Just heard on the radio that JT has decided against the Islanders and that only Toronto and San Jose are still in the running!

Three top line centers would sure go a long way to hopefully ending the drought. Note I said hopefully! LOL

HH

17 minutes ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Bye bye jvr and bozack.  You've been replaced lol

I'm going to miss those guys especially Bozak.  He'll do well in St.Louis no doubt!

Tavares and Marner are going to light things up next year!!!  

It'll be interesting to see what Nylander, Marner and Matthews get, and Gardiner.

Ideally Nylander slots in around 6mill for a decent term, same for Marner but I think he'll end up closer to 7. Matthews is a tough one... Seems that JT sets the high bar and if he out performs Matthews (I think he will) how can he ask for the same money? I hope he slots in around 9.

Gardiner as much as no one wants to hear it is going to get at least 7 on his next deal. If John Carlson got 8x8 Gardiner is in that realm also. If you look at the last 2 years....

Last 2 years

Carlson (28)
154GP 56E/S Pts, +7
105 Hits, 185 Giveaways
-67 5v5CF

Gardiner (27)
164GP 67E/S Pts, +33
120 Hits, 184 Giveaways
+71 5v5CF

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:45 AM, leaf4 said:

It'll be interesting to see what Nylander, Marner and Matthews get, and Gardiner.

Ideally Nylander slots in around 6mill for a decent term, same for Marner but I think he'll end up closer to 7. Matthews is a tough one... Seems that JT sets the high bar and if he out performs Matthews (I think he will) how can he ask for the same money? I hope he slots in around 9.

Gardiner as much as no one wants to hear it is going to get at least 7 on his next deal. If John Carlson got 8x8 Gardiner is in that realm also. If you look at the last 2 years....

Last 2 years

Carlson (28)
154GP 56E/S Pts, +7
105 Hits, 185 Giveaways
-67 5v5CF

Gardiner (27)
164GP 67E/S Pts, +33
120 Hits, 184 Giveaways
+71 5v5CF

They can let Gardiner go anytime and not worry about his salary.  They have a lot of similar players moving up through the system.

50 minutes ago, misfish said:

:w00t: The trade rumours surrounding the all-world blue-liner . Do the leafs want him ?

No chance in hell we go after karlsson when we still need to get/have space for JT, Marner, Matthews and Nylander.

On 6/30/2018 at 11:25 PM, chris.brock said:

I think JT will resign with the Isles and this is all just a bunch hype for nothing, just like Stamkos possibly moving a couple years ago. 

You've been real quite since Saturday. 

Man, the future is so bright I need sunglasses. Matt Cauz mentioned this morning there were 9 centres that had back to back 30 goal seasons in the NHL, and the leafs have 33% of them.