2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Goals 5 and 6 are on Andersen... Completely stoppable goals.

Gardiner has been baaad. He has spurts of great play but you never know who's showing up to the rink.

Hopefully this gives management a bit of a template to help in drafting what they need for next season, definitely need to add some more grit and shore up our D.

5 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

are you 2 guys related or in a relationship? 

what are you haters going to waste your miserable time on now? check out the Raptors, they're rolling

You havent heard? Matty and I are on the same ball club. Im the pitcher and hes the catcher.

Im goin fishin but now that the band wagon is ablazs you  and the rest of "leaf nation can jump on the Raptors wagon. till that one ends up in the ditch.

2 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

cool, we'll chat again next year, same time when you crawl out 

. No doubt  "leaf nation " will be chanting "STANLEY, STANLEY"  by pre-season. Heck , what makes you so sure they dont end up like the Ottawa Smellators did this year ? They dont need my help but Ill be waiting to beat "leaf nation" down none the less. Its sport for me.

7 minutes ago, moxie said:

You havent heard? Matty and I are on the same ball club. Im the pitcher and hes the catcher.

Im goin fishin but now that the band wagon is ablazs you  and the rest of "leaf nation can jump on the Raptors wagon. till that one ends up in the ditch.

. No doubt  "leaf nation " will be chanting "STANLEY, STANLEY"  by pre-season. Heck , what makes you so sure they dont end up like the Ottawa Smellators did this year ? They dont need my help but Ill be waiting to beat "leaf nation" down none the less. Its sport for me.

So you're say you want me to do what to you.........?

Sorry dude, you're all solo on this fantasy. ......

3 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

So you're say you want me to do what to you.........?

Sorry dude, you're all solo on this fantasy. ......

Cmon Matty. Tell everyone the truth. Its 2018. No need to hide. the fact sens fans all list and lisp. 

10 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

I didn't know who was giving and who was taking, but I suspected that

I knew members of "leaf nation"  had a talent beyond following bad teams. Way to sniff it out. 

This  party is OVER. Have a good summer. I'm  OUT. 

13 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I didn't know who was giving and who was taking, but I suspected that

Don't feed the trolls Chris. 1 jump ship "Sens fan" and one "NHL FAN"? 

They will never understand what being a die hard fan is. 

Last night was a 1 game winner take all and the boys crap the bed. If Andersen isn't our best player we usually don't do very well. We don't have much of a D core and that was obvious last night... but we knew this going into this season. I am not a Gardiner fan and hes taking a lot of heat for an awful game played... but he owned it and spoke to the media about it... kudos to him. 

Obviously there is work to do still to compete with the top tier teams in the league. We are only 2 seasons into a rebuild after finishing dead last 3 seasons ago. We will get there. 

An improved season... GLG

35 minutes ago, leaf4 said:

LDidn't hear enough of Matthews name the whole series, don't know if he was hurt or if he was just getting shutdown and couldn't do anything about it, but we needed him to step up like marner did

The look on Matthews face looked like he was overwhelmed, not psyched for it or pissed off.

I wonder if not getting played by Babcock like other young superstars made him sulky. 

Either way, he has a tonne of talent and once his attitude catches up to his potential, he will be that much better.

Matthews is a man child, tough lessons like this suck but they are lessons none the less.   The boys will be just fine.  Gardiner needs to be paired with a big stay at home D man.  He had a great season, I'm not ready to write him off yet.

the Leafs defence run into the corners too much for me, Gardner had some bad plays, but Plekanec and Polak missed picking up their man in front which led to goals. Gardner runs into trouble when he tries to do too much which is something the coaching staff should have fixed during the season .  

during the Boston game I thought the Leafs defense had chances to take a slapshot on net, but chose to dump it in the corner, probably happened 20 times during the game and led to many turnovers.

Too bad Matt Martin didn't get into a few games, Babcock should put him on a line with either Matthews or Marner and have the other teams looking over there shoulder instead of focusing on there star players.

Edited by mikeh

3 hours ago, BillM said:

Matthews is a man child, tough lessons like this suck but they are lessons none the less.   The boys will be just fine.  Gardiner needs to be paired with a big stay at home D man.  He had a great season, I'm not ready to write him off yet.

I hate to, but kind of agree with the Gardiner comment.

One kid no one's mentioned yet is Nylander.... Where the hell was he this series?!!

Looked like he was playing pond hockey the last few games!  After watching Pittsburgh and Vegas tonight, the Leafs have a while yet before becoming serious cup contenders, but man was it a fun ride to watch. Just wished they got that "Boston monkey" off their back. Better luck next year.