2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Lmao

love watching ottawa make more terrible moves. hahaha

Give up a first a third and turris for a guy that doesnt like playing and puts up less points? ahhaha amazing. Well done to Joe Sakic you found a GM and owner stupid enough to take your garbage and give you a pile of gold in return.

two words, wade redden LMAO

Edited by AKRISONER

east is wide open this year and duchene is a huge upgrade over turris,good trade for ottawa

basically it is turris for duchene,draft picks have a better chance to not work out then succeed,just check the draft picks from about 3-7 years ago and see how many are playing now,you will be surprised

Edited by bowslayer

draft picks have a better chance to not work out then succeed,just check the draft picks from about 3-7 years ago and see how many are playing now,you will be surprised

That reminds me the old Leaf's strategy. Cliff Fletcher once said "draft picks, smaft picks". Not sure I agree with that.

Sometimes guys like Duchene benefit from a fresh start on a new team, but yeah Ottawa did pony up quite a bit to take that gamble.

The Sens are officially going all in this season.

Sens gave up nothing! Duschene is an upgrade by all standards. Turris wanted 8 years on his contract but yet settled for 6 in Nashville which is a bit of a head scratcher. We kept all our depth and defence and young upcoming talent.

Duschene waited a year for a trade, to say he will be coming in invigorated is an understatement.

A big win for the Sens IMO

:clapping:

Only team that made out good on that trade was the Preds. What was Ottawa thinking? 2 first rounders + Turris, Bowers and Hammond?

Anyone remember what the Sens gave up to get Bobby Ryan? How's that working out? 7 mil a year for what? A high of 23 goals in a single season? Bahahahahahahaha!

Edited by BillM

Sens gave up nothing! Duschene is an upgrade by all standards. Turris wanted 8 years on his contract but yet settled for 6 in Nashville which is a bit of a head scratcher. We kept all our depth and defence and young upcoming talent.

Duschene waited a year for a trade, to say he will be coming in invigorated is an understatement.

A big win for the Sens IMO

:clapping:

If all that they gave up is nothing, you're MORE delusional than I think we already know ?

I can't believe you're not crying over the loss of the hamburglar ?

Only team that made out good on that trade was the Preds. What was Ottawa thinking? 2 first rounders + Turris, Bowers and Hammond?

Anyone remember what the Sens gave up to get Bobby Ryan? How's that working out? 7 mil a year for what? A high of 23 goals in a single season? Bahahahahahahaha!

Actually it is for a conditional first round, a second round and a third round. Hammond was a one trick pony and will likely never suit up in the NHL again, a prospect in Shane Bowers...never heard of him.

Did you actually see what Ryan did in the playoffs last year? He was a machine.

UGH!!!! Laff fans!

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Edited by muskymatt

That reminds me the old Leaf's strategy. Cliff Fletcher once said "draft picks, smaft picks". Not sure I agree with that.

Cliff with the same philosphy guided the \calgary flames to an 80s powerhouse that won a cup,i think draft picks for a proven nhler is a no brainer