2019-2020 Hockey Thread

The laffs barely squeak out a win against the lowly scabs and you guys are cheery about it. The Sens dominate 2 game for 2 wins and a 12-1 goal differential. That is the difference between a team with depth skill and a team with youthful enthusiasm and no defense and mediocre goal tending.

It's no fluke the Sens went to double overtime against the Stanley Cup Champions in the conference finals last year and they are hungry.

They sit tied in the Atlantic and did it without their top guy who is arguably the best player on the planet.

They sit without a regulation loss and against McDavid and the high flying oilers.

:clapping::clapping::worthy::worthy:

I guess you're hoping for 77 more away games huh? Even the players hate Ottawa! :clapping:

The laffs barely squeak out a win against the lowly scabs and you guys are cheery about it. The Sens dominate 2 game for 2 wins and a 12-1 goal differential. That is the difference between a team with depth skill and a team with youthful enthusiasm and no defense and mediocre goal tending.

It's no fluke the Sens went to double overtime against the Stanley Cup Champions in the conference finals last year and they are hungry.

They sit tied in the Atlantic and did it without their top guy who is arguably the best player on the planet.

They sit without a regulation loss and against McDavid and the high flying oilers.

:clapping::clapping::worthy::worthy:

:rofl2::rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: "best player on the planet"??? :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: We can always count on you to keep us entertained.

There's no denying he's a fantastic player...maybe even top 10 last year, but to outright call him the best on the planet is ridiculous. But hey, it's probably just a marketing maneuver to get rid of the tarps??

With my rose-coloured glasses firmly in place, I hereby proclaim Austin Matthews best player in the UNIVERSE!! (sound the trumpets) :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by grimsbylander

And that's why your sad sack team has lived in the bowels of the league for the last 50 years lol. :wallbash:

Did any of you laffites see the article about Matthews quite likely being the first bonified superstar the laffs have ever had?

And I wouldn't even put him in the top 10 in the league!

:w00t::w00t:

Did any of you laffites see the article about Matthews quite likely being the first bonified superstar the laffs have ever had?

That statement shows your obvious bias, as well as your delusions lol

And that's why your sad sack team has lived in the bowels of the league for the last 50 years lol. :wallbash:

The Leafs in the hall of fame would disagree with you.

Now the Sens on the other hand. They had Allfredson? A mediocre player at best. Oh oh. And Daigle. He'll be remembered for a long time. But not for good reasons. (Although Nil No-goal-Apov may be taking his crown)

Matt's ramblings have gotten so silly they're not worth the response. Dumb comment after dumb comment just to keep the troll alive.

The Leaf game tonight was awesome. I was worried that even though they dominated the first period, the lack of scoring would come back to haunt them. Good steady pressure all night. The Caps saw the new Leaf team tonight.