2019-2020 Hockey Thread

None of them have been retired by the Leafs. They have honoured several; but they have not retired any of them.

Actually they retired all of those honored at last nights ceremony.

And added Dave Keon's # to the retired list.

That is why JVR now has #25 as his # was one of the ones retired last night.

They will wear the same numbers but with an asterisk beside them. But you are all right there soon won't be any numbers to wear unless all double digits. Look what you started Wiener. If I remember right 99 represented the year his Oiler contract expired or it was for 99 million up to 1999.

Lucas I don't know why you would want to hold off making the playoffs. Even of a team doesn't go deep into the playoffs that playoff experience is very valuable to a player no matter what sport.

They will wear the same numbers but with an asterisk beside them. But you are all right there soon won't be any numbers to wear unless all double digits. Look what you started Wiener. If I remember right 99 represented the year his Oiler contract expired or it was for 99 million up to 1999.

Lucas I don't know why you would want to hold off making the playoffs. Even of a team doesn't go deep into the playoffs that playoff experience is very valuable to a player no matter what sport.

Better draft picks, and most of the young guys being drafted early on go deep in the junior ranks anyway so an NHL run while different, not largely from an ahl cup run, and once you get a good group of young guys the better chance is they are a deeper, more talented group

I can`t think of anything more boring than watching a bunch of guys I don`t even know slapping a piece of rubber around to see who can get it into the net the most times.

Some people pay to see a bunch of guys they don't know slapping around rubber intentionally! The internet is an amazing place! Hahaha

Ahhhh, all is well in laffland!!

Brilliant!

Leafs lose...Matt crawls out of hole.

Leafs win...Matt is quiet

Leafs trade crappy players to Ottawa...Matt is in hiding

Leafs get #1 pick...Matt is totally invisible

It's like Groundhog Day.

Wiarton Willie, Punxsutawney Phil and Musky Matt!!

Wwillie.jpgimrs.jpg

Here's hoping you earn your rightful place on Gobbler's Knob and the Leafs get another great pick!

Leafs lose...Matt crawls out of hole.

Leafs win...Matt is quiet

Leafs trade crappy players to Ottawa...Matt is in hiding

Leafs get #1 pick...Matt is totally invisible

It's like Groundhog Day.

Wiarton Willie, Punxsutawney Phil and Musky Matt!!

Wwillie.jpgimrs.jpg

Here's hoping you earn your rightful place on Gobbler's Knob and the Leafs get another great pick!

Meh! Had to wait a couple games to see what was happening. Laffs are off to a losing start. Sens are off to a winning start. Traded players doing well. #1 draft pick has 1 lucky game before the dreaded blue and white disease absorbs him for life and his career is over.

Invisible is a little harsh and not totally correct. Lets just say I was gloating in the background :clapping::whistling:

Meh! Had to wait a couple games to see what was happening. Laffs are off to a losing start. Sens are off to a winning start. Traded players doing well. #1 draft pick has 1 lucky game before the dreaded blue and white disease absorbs him for life and his career is over.

Invisible is a little harsh and not totally correct. Lets just say I was gloating in the background :clapping::whistling:

LOL I was expecting sooooo much more!!

I hope we race to the bottom one more time!

too bad ottawa doesnt have any fans to watch...

Regardless of how this game finishes. 3 things are apparent with the Leafs.

1. We are going to have lots of speed and skill upfront

2. Our D obviously needs a few more pieces

3. Andersen is not the tender we are looking for.

Exciting team to watch though lol!