2019-2020 Hockey Thread

I know it's early Ak but everyone else was on a short contract leash with the Leafs eg. Kadri one year. Why give this guy a 5 year contract? I'm not saying he's not worth it or that he's not a good goalie. It's too early to tell. It's just not in keeping with the "every game is a tryout" philosophy of the Leafs since the rebuild started.

I have been following this thread for a while. I need a book called " NHL for Dummies". I can name a few players in the league and maybe 1 Leaf. Cadri ? Other than a few super stars I don't recognize these guys you are talking about. I want to be able to join in the conversation because it seems no one on this board follow NFL or CFL Football as closely as MLB and the NHL.

How does it look for T.O.? Is this the year they might make a playoff run?

What teams are favored to take it all this year?

Is this #1 draft pick for the Leafs going to make a difference like some other #1's have recently? Mc David was last year, right?

I have been following this thread for a while. I need a book called " NHL for Dummies". I can name a few players in the league and maybe 1 Leaf. Cadri ? Other than a few super stars I don't recognize these guys you are talking about. I want to be able to join in the conversation because it seems no one on this board follow NFL or CFL Football as closely as MLB and the NHL.

How does it look for T.O.? Is this the year they might make a playoff run?

What teams are favored to take it all this year?

Is this #1 draft pick for the Leafs going to make a difference like some other #1's have recently? Mc David was last year, right?

I hope personally they don't make the playoffs for the next two seasons at least, they need to continue to add to depth with their D.

Matthews... Well he scored 4 goals in his first NHL game so I think it's a safe assumption he's a difference maker, and he's surrounded with other smart hockey players like marner and Nylander who can make plays as well as score so the future is bright!

I think Pittsburgh is favored to win it all though I don't remember if they changed that since Crosby got another concussion last week

I think they are going overboard on this number retiring. Hell, growing up your number one goalie was number 1 and your backup was 29 or 30 maybe 31 and everyone else had a number from 2 to 28. Half the traditional numbers from the original six days are retired now on the Leafs :wallbash:

edit; think this football number trend started with that Gretzky kid :tease:

Edited by dave524

I think they are going overboard on this number retiring. Hell, growing up your number one goalie was number 1 and your backup was 29 or 30 maybe 31 and everyone else had a number from 2 to 28. Half the traditional numbers from the original six days are retired now on the Leafs :wallbash:

I said the same thing. Imagine how many will be left another 100 years from now..

None of them have been retired by the Leafs. They have honoured several; but they have not retired any of them.

Edited by JohnBacon