2019-2020 Hockey Thread

20 minutes ago, misfish said:

Will that help them Dave????????????

NAH, they'll probably end up dropping to 10th in the lottery as all the other teams pass them by!!!! :lol:

They would increase their odds of #1 by 8% if they finish last.

If they stay in 29th they have a better chance of picking 5th or 6th than 1st.  :D

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds 

19 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

NAH, they'll probably end up dropping to 10th in the lottery as all the other teams pass them by!!!! :lol:

If they stay in 29th they have a better chance of picking 5th or 6th than 1st.  :D

Hate to rub salt in the Ottawa wound but check the trade stats on Duchene, Ottawa traded away their 1st round pick in 2018!!!! The year they suck like no other, their 1st round pick goes to Colorado! 

So to answer your question Brian, NOPE won't help them a bit. Colorado, yes! LOL

Should be Otta-move! 

On 2/12/2018 at 9:46 AM, grimsbylander said:

If Matthews can get his line mates goals that's even better.

Matthews gets 3 assists and they beat the best team in the league!! There's so much scoring potential on this team now that Matthews can't outscore the sum of all the parts. Look at Crosby's numbers in his first years...same goals as Matthew but mad number of assists.

3 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

They are a little more protected then that. But not much. 

Its their first rounder this year OR next year and its at Ottawa's discretion. Plus they can make this decision right up to the trade deadline. 

Its not an easy decision but it does give them some wiggle room. 

Only if it's a top ten pick... I believe if the Sens pick 11th, it goes to Colorado....I think. Either way, Otta-move has tons of time to screw it up and wins some games. 

"The real talking point with the draft picks is the Sens gave up their first round pick in 2018. While this may seem bad, we have to consider that it is likely to be a late first round pick as the Sens are projected to do quite well this season(this part made me LAUGH). However, even on the off chance that the Sens perform poorly, the pick is top 10 protected. This means that if the Sens were to pick in the top 10 the pick would slide to 2019. As a result, there is zero chance the Sens give up a top prospect for Duchene."

4 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

Only if it's a top ten pick... I believe if the Sens pick 11th, it goes to Colorado....I think. Either way, Otta-move has tons of time to screw it up and wins some games. 

"The real talking point with the draft picks is the Sens gave up their first round pick in 2018. While this may seem bad, we have to consider that it is likely to be a late first round pick as the Sens are projected to do quite well this season(this part made me LAUGH). However, even on the off chance that the Sens perform poorly, the pick is top 10 protected. This means that if the Sens were to pick in the top 10 the pick would slide to 2019. As a result, there is zero chance the Sens give up a top prospect for Duchene."

So, somebody is claiming that there is a zero percent chance that Ottawa will do poorly two years in a row... I wonder who that was?  :D   We will see how that pans out.

I can see Ottawa using a late season surge to end up getting the tenth pick overall and then giving up the first overall pick in 2019.

2 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Some of the comments are hilarious.

Re: 

Good return on the Dion Phaneuf deal for Ottawa. Gaborik is a real playoff performer. Could get them over the hump this season.

On 12/02/2018 at 7:21 PM, DRIFTER_016 said:

wow.....funny how things change. For years and years and years the laffs were where the Sens are now and you laffites are recycling the same banter that was once on you....how soon they forget lol