2019-2020 Hockey Thread

15 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

I know!!! The Leaf haters are speechless! Good thing, with Ottawa sitting THIRD LAST in the entire freaking league, what is there to talk about??? lol :thumbsup_anim:

Matt, seriously, can you believe what going on with the Sens???? I know they rode a hot goalie last year but never dreamed they'd be this bad. All joking aside, what was the trigger that caused the complete unraveling???

They completely upset the team chemistry. Letting Methot go was a disaster. You take away a number one-two D-man and partner to a guy like Karlsson and then your number one D-man is now not happy. They replaced Methot with Oduya.......what the hell?????? What kind of idiot does that? Oduya is like a 5-6 at best! 

Then you get rid of a classy, well respected guy like Turris and replace him with a guy who was a hold out, unhappy and vocal about his previous team and basically threw in the towel on them. Duschene came in and was absolutely brutal for his first 30 games.

Phanuf..........we won't even go there!

Loss of Murray as GM was a huge loss. He was the heart and soul of the team. 

Boucher defense only strategy is suffocating the teams ability to score.

There is so much wrong right now it's hard to think of how this happened so quickly.

So many bad choices, so many bad trades.

I'm so pissed off I can barely watch a game. That said I am still going to watch them at CTC. Saw the laffs game, going to see them play NJD on Tuesday and have another game lined up before going to Mexico at the end of the month.

Hockey sucks, I'm going fishing!!

21 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Then you get rid of a classy, well respected guy like Turris and replace him with a guy who was a hold out, unhappy and vocal about his previous team and basically threw in the towel on them. Duschene came in and was absolutely brutal for his first 30 games.

Wasn't it you that was telling us how big of an upgrade Duchene was over Turris when the trade was announced?  You may have even mentioned something about making a run for the cup...   :lol:

I guess the Leaf fans were right about it being a bad trade, and about Ottawa's play-off run being a fluke, and about Karlsson not being that great, etc.

I got a chuckle out this: 

12 hours ago, chris.brock said:

some pretty good diving by the Bruins, the fans yell so loud after the dives the refs arm automatically goes up  :wallbash:

Refs definitely left their whistles in their pockets when it came to calls against the bruins tonight... A lot of ignoring interference happening away from the play.

Hilarious how don cherry opened up coaches corner with a poke at climate change... Now people are calling for his job ? what a world

I honestly legit thought that Douchane would be an upgrade for Ottawa. Strange how a few negative years and a bad attitude can ruin a player. 

Remember when leafs fans were saying if we had tanked a bit more that season we'd have Douchane rather then Kadri? Man. Did we ever luck out on that one. 

Matt, if Ottawa gets the number 1 overall pick this year, do you think they will ship out Karllson and start grooming........... whats the prospects name? The killer D man in this year's draft. 

Edit: Rasmus Dahlin. That's the guy. 

Edited by jerpears1

I could not believe the speed in that 1st period by both teams. I was in awe the whole time.  Even though we took the lose, I am looking forward to a play off match with them. I think Mattews though, looked out of sorts. When he,s on he,s on, but when he,s off, he looks normal. JMO.

3 hours ago, leaf4 said:

Hilarious how don cherry opened up coaches corner with a poke at climate change... Now people are calling for his job ? what a world

Cherry, seated behind a plush groundhog toy, asked MacLean if he and his “left-wing pinko friends” could explain their fears over rising temperatures in light of the prevailing cold weather.MacLean tried to deflect the question, but Cherry insisted, “I’m just asking you, the cuckaloos are always saying there are warming trends — we’re freezing to death.”

Here is the best response on Twitter
DVM1qkAU8AAuovv.jpg:large

3 hours ago, BillM said:

HNIC is probably the last place you should be looking for proper scientific supported info, lol!  

Yup, I read something to the effect of "our youth watches this!!!'

Like really... No one goes to grapes for opinions or education on anything aside from hockey, and even then some of his beliefs make me laugh

I love reading your threads here. I love the passion and the hockey knowledge. You guys are good, and funny too. That Bobby Ore quote John Bacon passed on is hilarious, thanks John.

I worked the door at Don Cherry's bar during the filming of his shows way back when. He was exactly the same off the air as on. A good guy if you did your job. He would buy us a round and sit for a bit after the filming as well as the gaffs and techs, not for the producers that I ever saw. And he loved Hamilton, his Mom lived there before she passed not far from Walnut and Main. There was also a dweeb producer on that show that was an ass, now he is a multi million dollar ass unless he's changed, I doubt it, Kevin O'Leary. I had to laugh when he told me to get him a coffee, yea right.

On 04/02/2018 at 10:48 AM, jerpears1 said:

I honestly legit thought that Douchane would be an upgrade for Ottawa. Strange how a few negative years and a bad attitude can ruin a player. 

Remember when leafs fans were saying if we had tanked a bit more that season we'd have Douchane rather then Kadri? Man. Did we ever luck out on that one. 

Matt, if Ottawa gets the number 1 overall pick this year, do you think they will ship out Karllson and start grooming........... whats the prospects name? The killer D man in this year's draft. 

Edit: Rasmus Dahlin. That's the guy. 

I can see it going either way. A total blow up and rebuild or just a couple players moved.

I don't see them moving Karlsson but hey, they did bring in Phanuf the pylon so anything can happen.

Duchene has been a lot better as of late but the whole team still sucks brutally!

I'm going to see them play NJD tonight and I expect the sad sack sens will get pummeled 6-1 or more.

UGH!!!

two nights in a row the other team has attempted to injure or throw Andersson off his game, in the boston game Pasternak gives him an intentional shot(punch) to the head as he skates by the crease and the ducks player skates right thru the crease and knocks him out of the game. In my playing days (house league) you always knew who the dirty teams were and you had to give it back to them. It might be a good time to put Martin back in the line up and maybe pick up a player who plays tougher   

6 hours ago, mikeh said:

two nights in a row the other team has attempted to injure or throw Andersson off his game, in the boston game Pasternak gives him an intentional shot(punch) to the head as he skates by the crease and the ducks player skates right thru the crease and knocks him out of the game. In my playing days (house league) you always knew who the dirty teams were and you had to give it back to them. It might be a good time to put Martin back in the line up and maybe pick up a player who plays tougher   

Don't forget Perry also slashed Andersson and also fell on him "accidentally" on one of their goals.

Took him 3 tries to knock him out of the game.    :angry:

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎05 at 8:59 PM, DRIFTER_016 said:

Would like to see someone take out Perry.

Getting tired of his cheap shots and dirty plays.

Maybe some one could take him out at the knees and set him on the side lines with a blown ACL for a while.

Sorry Dave but that is a terrible thing to say. If you worked with someone you absolutely despised would you want to see him or her harmed so badly that they lost their livelihood and suffered pain for life? I didn't think so.

6 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Sorry Dave but that is a terrible thing to say. If you worked with someone you absolutely despised would you want to see him or her harmed so badly that they lost their livelihood and suffered pain for life? I didn't think so.

If that person was whacking someone with a stick, jumping all over him and kicking him in the face you're darn right!!!

1 hour ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

If that person was whacking someone with a stick, jumping all over him and kicking him in the face you're darn right!!!

That's what referees and Commissioners are for Dave. I know what I as well would like to do to some people but as I mellow with age and am in a not too bad financial position that's why you hire someone to do it, otherwise known as an enforcer, don't they have those NHL Goons anymore? Nothing more than hired hitmen.

. When I came home from school one day all beat up my Calabrese born Noni told me to "Get upstairs and do all my homework, subito". "How in heck would that help me fight Noni? I asked. She said "Because when you get a good career because of your education you can hire someone to do it for you." Smart woman she was.  

Mellow with age can be translated to "too old, weak and tired to fight well anymore."

Edited by Old Ironmaker

9 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

But his actions are putting other players' loosing their livelihoods put them at a risk suffering pain for life...

1 hour ago, Old Ironmaker said:

That's what referees and Commissioners are for Dave.

I agree that they should be the ones handling with large fines and progressively longer suspensions.  But if they don't handle it then I can understand players wanting to take matters into their own hands.

9 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

You live by the sword you die by the sword.

Unfortunately sometimes violence is necessary to keep guys inline.

Ulf Samuelsson was one of the dirtiest players to play the game. For us guys who watched Ulf for years, we see this video differently than someone who doesn't watch hockey and just sees 2 hockey players and a sucker punch.