2019-2020 Hockey Thread

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Twitter summed this one up this morning perfectly.

1. A comparison of matthews disallowed goal vs the allowed goal last night 

2. Bab's reaction

https://twitter.com/TheFlintor/status/956370828521648128

Well it's obvious that if you look at someone sideways they can't stop a puck but if there is a 200#+ forward lying on you there is no reason you should not be able to stop it.  :rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 hour ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Well it's obvious that if you look at someone sideways they can't stop a puck but if there is a 200#+ forward lying on you there is no reason you should not be able to stop it.  :rolleyes::rolleyes:

dont forget when you smash your stick into the goalies head first too!...people keep talking about how he fell on him...look before he fell he smashes his stick into Andersons head. 

January/February is when the men are separated from the boys...even during that last cold stretch they were still sneaking points in by making it to overtime and losing...they also were never really "out" of many of those games....As much as Babcock plays it off that he was "oblivious" to the option of playing kadri with marner and marleau, there was a comment he made about playing komorov with kadri...basically along the lines of "10 times a game komorov pulls the reigns on kadri and gets his head back into defense mode"

I think babcock was literally waiting till he could feel confident enough that the message of defense first was drilled into kadris brain before he would allow him to be free...sure enough 3 goals, 2 games after going nearly 20 without a goal.

I think we sometimes forget that this team literally has the most offensive depth in the entire NHL...hence if you can teach that offense to play some of the best defensive hockey possible, the rest will take care of itself.

Gardiner hainsey is starting to look like an absolutely fantastic combo as well...if you can roll zeitsev rielly...or perhaps even upgrade zeitsev and put rielly with a top pair D man...look out.

I thought last nights game was great. I couldn't be happier for the two young defensemen, Derrmott and Holl, for getting their first NHL goals or the Dads watching. And I couldn't be happier for Leaf fans know this Dermott kid is an up and coming in the league. He's a Newmarket boy that was a Leaf fan growing up...nice.

Lots of speed and lots of goals last night! I wonder if Tavaras was thinking if you can't beat them, join them? lol

1 minute ago, grimsbylander said:

I thought last nights game was great. I couldn't be happier for the two young defensemen, Derrmott and Holl, for getting their first NHL goals or the Dads watching. And I couldn't be happier for Leaf fans know this Dermott kid is an up and coming in the league. He's a Newmarket boy that was a Leaf fan growing up...nice.

Lots of speed and lots of goals last night! I wonder if Tavaras was thinking if you can't beat them, join them? lol

I don't know if we'd want Tavares to be honest. 

Forget that he would cost a lot and probably would only play second line centre behind Matthews, the cap hit would make some really difficult decisions going forward. 

I'd love to see Tavares in a leafs uniform but we have a lot of other more pressing issues to address first. 

I know!!! The Leaf haters are speechless! Good thing, with Ottawa sitting THIRD LAST in the entire freaking league, what is there to talk about??? lol :thumbsup_anim:

Matt, seriously, can you believe what going on with the Sens???? I know they rode a hot goalie last year but never dreamed they'd be this bad. All joking aside, what was the trigger that caused the complete unraveling???