2019-2020 Hockey Thread

3 hours ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Cant remember being this excited for the finals.  Im wanna see Ovi lift the cup.  Nobody deserves it more then him.  Caps in six boys. 

Yup. As much in the early years I hated his antics, I hope he gets his ring.

8 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Plekanec wants to go back to Montreal

https://www.nhl.com/news/tomas-plekanec-would-like-return-to-montreal/c-298795058

I don't care where he goes, as long as he goes away.

Does anyone have an inside scoop on why the Leafs went after him? was it Lamoriello's dumb idea?

No idea, but it was a high price for him... And whatever they expected of him he didn't live up to it

22 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Plekanec wants to go back to Montreal

https://www.nhl.com/news/tomas-plekanec-would-like-return-to-montreal/c-298795058

I don't care where he goes, as long as he goes away.

Does anyone have an inside scoop on why the Leafs went after him? was it Lamoriello's dumb idea?

Plekanec probably had a deal with Montreal....go to TO and do nothing more than get paid and we'll bring you back. If so, he held up his end of the bargain. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, chris.brock said:

It looks like the Leafs are going to have to pony up. It's a shame everything is so money related. I don't blame AM but I'm not really loving him right now either.

https://www.nhl.com/news/auston-matthews-changes-agents-joins-group-that-represents-mcdavid-report/c-298952400

I have no issue with the Leafs having to pay AM the same money as McDavid. All I ask is he plays as good as McDavid. Unless he does that, he's not worth the same money, plain and simple. That little disappearing act he pulled in this years' playoffs suggests he not at McDavid's level...at least not yet. Maybe after he's a year or two older, that consistency will come. Who knows? But I come from an age of employment where FIRST you demonstrate job performance THEN the money follows. Obviously not an apples to apples comparison when talking about the NHL. Here they throw mountains of money are you and pray (gamble) you work out or else it cripples the org for a decade, or two...or three. lol

1 hour ago, grimsbylander said:

I have no issue with the Leafs having to pay AM the same money as McDavid. All I ask is he plays as good as McDavid. Unless he does that, he's not worth the same money, plain and simple. That little disappearing act he pulled in this years' playoffs suggests he not at McDavid's level...at least not yet. Maybe after he's a year or two older, that consistency will come. Who knows? But I come from an age of employment where FIRST you demonstrate job performance THEN the money follows. Obviously not an apples to apples comparison when talking about the NHL. Here they throw mountains of money are you and pray (gamble) you work out or else it cripples the org for a decade, or two...or three. lol

There is no way in hell AM gets Mcdavid money...

he will get his pay day as he should...but theres a huge huge huge huge difference between a guy that played 62 games and had 63 points and 2 points in 7 games in the playoffs vs a guy that put up 108 points in 82 games playing for the friggin oilers.

If you are the leafs, you do your absolutel damndest to sign him now while there is "uncertainty" about his health/longevity and the fact that he hasnt scored 50 goals in a season yet. Lock him up immediately at a discount, because he could end up scoring 50 this year and putting up 100+ pts.

I have a feeling AM doesnt want to sign because he knows he can put up stupid numbers this year, and when he does his payday will increase substantially.

AM is good but not McDavid good. 

I just don't see this ending well for the laffs. Spoiled American kid,  unproven so far,  injuries,  doesn't get along with coach, wants to play more than he's earned and wants top dollar.

You could sense the displeasure in his body language. 

26 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

AM is good but not McDavid good. 

I just don't see this ending well for the laffs. Spoiled American kid,  unproven so far,  injuries,  doesn't get along with coach, wants to play more than he's earned and wants top dollar.

You could sense the displeasure in his body language. 

Lmao keep telling yourself that ?

"unrpoven" lolllll

thats right, the last guy to score 40 goals on ottawa was heatly ahhaa 50 in 07 right lol

Nottawa hasnt had a 30 goal scorer since spezza in 2012 lmaooo

The troll has returned from hibernation i see.

Edited by AKRISONER

4 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

"unrpoven" lolllll

thats right, the last guy to score 40 goals on ottawa was heatly ahhaa 50 in 07 right lol

Nottawa hasnt had a 30 goal scorer since spezza in 2012 lmaooo

The troll has returned from hibernation i see.

Anyone with less than at least 3 full 82 game seasons is unproven. AM has proven he is a suck, gets injured easily and sulks when he doesn't get his own way. 

All said, with those traits he should fit in well in laffland if they will overpay for him!

:lol:

1 hour ago, grimsbylander said:

I'm happy for OV. That was a fantastic game!

He did have a solid post season and put up great numbers. 

I'm not an OV fan though and I was hoping he would fail again. He crossed the red line in the pregame warm up and tapped Fleury's pads, not cool, typical OV sideshow stuff, deserving of a beating that doesn't happen anymore in the new NHL.

BRING ON OCTOBER HOCKEY BABY!  GO LEAFS!

Edited by chris.brock

3 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Vegas has the early odds for the 2019 Stanley Cup.

Look who has the worst odds.  :lol:

https://www.bardown.com/las-vegas-releases-2019-stanley-cup-odds-and-the-top-five-is-going-to-surprise-you-1.1107824

Why are they ranking the Leafs so high? better odds for the Leafs than the Caps or Preds, that doesn't make sense.

If I was betting on a long shot it would be the Isles, if they could find a goalie they might be a different team next season.

18 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Vegas has the early odds for the 2019 Stanley Cup.

Look who has the worst odds.  :lol:

https://www.bardown.com/las-vegas-releases-2019-stanley-cup-odds-and-the-top-five-is-going-to-surprise-you-1.1107824

But they have the best odds of getting the first overall pick  :lol:     He could turn out to be someone who makes a really big difference to the team that drafts him   :lol:

Oh those silly Ottawa folks. Must be something in the water? 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/randy-lee-harassment-court-date-1.4702505

https://www.silversevensens.com/2018/6/12/17454784/melinda-karlsson-files-protection-order-against-monika-caryk-fiancee-of-mike-hoffman

Busy day for the Senators!!! lol

The comments are the best part... so many Matt fans! 

What a nightmare.

Grab some popcorn, this horror show is not likely to end soon. I can’t see why any player would want to be part of this team. The Sens already where a team no one other than fans respected. Now they are just one big punchline. I love this team, but damn they make it hard on their fans. How is anyone supposed to take this team seriously anymore?

Posted  by Camjhudson  on Jun 12, 2018 | 5:03 PM

Complete housecleaning

From owner down to GM/staff

And maybe the Sens can reboot then?

Colin, I would like to quit this team

Same, Ryan. Same

This team has crossed me morally far too many times.

Posted  by Colin4000  on Jun 12, 2018 | 4:59 PM

I am really *this* close

to switching to the Winnipeg Jets permanently.

Posted  by metalfoot  on Jun 12, 2018 | 5:03 PM

Edited by grimsbylander
Too much good material to not post it!

29 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Oh those silly Ottawa folks. Must be something in the water? 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/randy-lee-harassment-court-date-1.4702505

https://www.silversevensens.com/2018/6/12/17454784/melinda-karlsson-files-protection-order-against-monika-caryk-fiancee-of-mike-hoffman

Busy day for the Senators!!! lol

The comments are the best part... so many Matt fans! 

What a nightmare.

Grab some popcorn, this horror show is not likely to end soon. I can’t see why any player would want to be part of this team. The Sens already where a team no one other than fans respected. Now they are just one big punchline. I love this team, but damn they make it hard on their fans. How is anyone supposed to take this team seriously anymore?

Posted  by Camjhudson  on Jun 12, 2018 | 5:03 PM

Complete housecleaning

From owner down to GM/staff

And maybe the Sens can reboot then?

Colin, I would like to quit this team

Same, Ryan. Same

This team has crossed me morally far too many times.

Posted  by Colin4000  on Jun 12, 2018 | 4:59 PM

I am really *this* close

to switching to the Winnipeg Jets permanently.

Posted  by metalfoot  on Jun 12, 2018 | 5:03 PM

Yup!

Pretty silly crap going on in Ottawa.

Sad!