2019-2020 Hockey Thread

23 minutes ago, Oggie said:

I'm not a fan of Martin either but they've taken bad penalties in two games trying to protect Marner. Until this kid matures and hits a gym I would suggest he needs someone to protect him. It worked for Gretzky and many other highly skilled players. I know it's a different game.  It is a shame they can't seem to find skilled, physical players instead of NCAA players that don't seem to handle a physical game  very well. I know Marniner is an OHL player but they have a slew of NCAA players that cower in the playoffs.

their offense isnt the problem, they scored 3 goals in a playoff game last game. In fact the very guy you are talking about had a goal and an assist last game.

You arent going to win a game if you let 6+ goals a game into your net. More specifcally you arent going to win a damn thing if Polak and Ron Hainsey are your go to shut down pair.

Rielly and Gardiner have proven that they dont have what it takes on the back end of the ice. You need help on the back end, the leafs biggest weakness that everyone knew was there has been exposed in the worst way, and looking at Shanahan and Lou's reactions, they know that they made a bit of a mistake this season and that changes are going to most likely need to be made.

Remember leafs nation, you havent lost until youve lost at home. lets see what happens tonight. The leafs win? Game 3 the momentum is back in Toronto's favour.

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

you dont win hockey games with bad players. You win by outscoring the other team. The way you do that is you play good offense and good defense, neither of which Matt Martin is good at. If you want to teach the guys how to play playoff hockey, you let them play playoff hockey and learn to be hard on the puck.

59 minutes ago, glen said:

Hope the leafs dress a whole different team. 

46 minutes ago, Oggie said:

I'm not a fan of Martin either but they've taken bad penalties in two games trying to protect Marner. Until this kid matures and hits a gym I would suggest he needs someone to protect him. It worked for Gretzky and many other highly skilled players. I know it's a different game.  It is a shame they can't seem to find skilled, physical players instead of NCAA players that don't seem to handle a physical game  very well. I know Marniner is an OHL player but they have a slew of NCAA players that cower in the playoffs.

Man this is awesome stuff, you guys crack me up!! :lol:

Image result for popcorn eating meme

Leaf fans need not put their knickers in a not. Two years ago the Leafs were the worst team period. Boston probably has the best 2nd 1/2 record in the league. Like the young Raptors this will take time....look to 2010 and 2011. If they get blown out in the first round in those years then the Leaf fans can go bananas.

Well I certainly agree with that post AKR.  I think most teams would find Boston's physicality difficult to deal with for sure.  The playoffs certainly expose the team's warts.  If I'm Bozak I'd be playing a lot harder, given my free agency in June. A soft performance now (which it has been) will impact my pocketbook. 

All I'm looking for is grittier effort tonight.  What happens happens after that. The Leafs being a young team play based on momentum. Success brings success.

I'm hoping the Officials are more interested in officiating the game and less interested in TV face time. No one that I know of spent big bucks to see the linesman exercise his puck dropping skills all game long!

It would also be nice if the ref's spent some energy nabbing the initial offender instead of the reprisal! I know, too much to ask!

Hoping for a better effort from all involved in blue and white. Uncle Leo being out and off the power play should help, but everyone needs to play bigger and tougher... bring back Borgman! LOL

HH

On 4/15/2018 at 8:20 AM, grimsbylander said:

Do you know what the hardest part of being a Leaf fan is? It's listening to the loads of Bull that get spewed out of the arm chair "experts" that are nothing more than haters. 

Amen. I couldn't have said it better myself.

You don't have to look too far in this thread for nonsense posts meant to promote hate but all done in the name of fun with an LOL at the end.

But whatever, so be it.

On 4/15/2018 at 5:04 AM, moxie said:

If you aren't satisfied with my reply i can elaborate further. Just say so.

no, I don't really understand your reply, but no, I don't want you to elaborate

joking aside, my reply was a bit aggressive, I apologize for that

44 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

no, I don't really understand your reply, but no, I don't want you to elaborate

joking aside, my reply was a bit aggressive, I apologize for that

You shouldnt take it back. It was part of the conversation and im good with that Chris.  I do respect that you confronted me directly unlike the thin skinned marshmellows around here. 

52 minutes ago, Pigeontroller said:

Leafs looking like the team that played to 105 pts!

Kind of hard not to win when it's 9 against 5 on the ice.

And mocking Tukka........really????

Laffs give up 12 goals in 2 games and the laffites razz the other goalie lol

If it weren't for Anderson and the refs this would be 6-2 Bruins

Edited by muskymatt
Forgot to razz more

10 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Kind of hard not to win when it's 9 against 5 on the ice.

And mocking Tukka........really????

Laffs give up 12 goals in 2 games and the laffites razz the other goalie lol

If it weren't for Anderson and the refs this would be 6-2 Bruins

If there was such a thing as a reverse homer, you would be it Matt. 

Is Marchant your favourite player this week? Can he do no wrong? 

Do the refs only miss calls when the leafs should get the penalty? 

Don’t answer any of that. I already know the answer. 

I'm starting to feel embarrassed for the Sens fan because I think he's actually serious.   Perhaps a break from the internet until the playoffs are over.   You might be able to caddy for a few Sens players in the mean time?

On 4/17/2018 at 11:05 AM, BillM said:

I'm starting to feel embarrassed for the Sens fan because I think he's actually serious.   Perhaps a break from the internet until the playoffs are over.   You might be able to caddy for a few Sens players in the mean time?

And we so nice to Matt and try to take him seriously. Come on Matt, crap on the leafs when they are bad but that was no game given to the Leafs by the refs. I'm expecting some praise when the Leafs do well...otherwise you are no better then those ugly gnarled Hab trolls who have no real reason to live except to be a hater. :)

3 minutes ago, scuro2 said:

And we so nice to Matt and try to take him seriously. Come on Matt, crap on the leafs when they are bad but that was no game given to the Leafs by the refs. I'm expecting some praise when the Leafs do well...otherwise you are no better then those ugly gnarled Hab trolls who have no real reason to live except to be a hater. :)

Yeah, no doubt they stepped it up and played a better game.  I won't argue that. The fact that 5 of the series are 2-1 makes it no great feat for the laffs, especially being on the losing side.

Laffs got one back by sheer compete level, Boston looked off but the laffs took it to them.

Bruins will be a better team in game 4 for sure.