2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Just now, muskymatt said:

If you think Matters won't be asking for big bucks you're kidding yourself. 

Say goodbyeto some key players that the cap will make impossibly to keep.

Thanks the way it is

I realize that, but the bonuses hit this year affect next years cap space is all.

It's not like the Leafs are suddenly going to have to blow up the team to stay under the cap.

2 cups in a row for the Pens with some heavy hitters on the payroll 

Player (23) Pos. Adj. Cap Hit
Evgeni Malkin C $9,500,000
Sidney Crosby C $8,700,000
Kris Letang D $7,250,000
Philip Kessel RW $6,800,000

I read the NHL playoff article. Absolutely ridiculous. House leagues have better playoff schedules. Why was this system put in place? It's simply not worth it for a team to finish in the top spots.  It isn't rocket science. A number of teams with the best record get a bye, that is the reward for finishing with the best records. Then 1 plays 20, 2 plays 19 etc. What is so difficult about that? I have no idea how many make the playoffs, if I recall almost everyone makes the NHL playoffs.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

7 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I read the NHL playoff article. Absolutely ridiculous. House leagues have better playoff schedules. Why was this system put in place? It's simply not worth it for a team to finish in the top spots.  It isn't rocket science. A number of teams with the best record get a bye, that is the reward for finishing with the best records. Then 1 plays 20, 2 plays 19 etc. What is so difficult about that? 

Exactly OI.

The Leafs games have been pretty much meaningless for weeks, they can't move up or down.

On 9/19/2017 at 10:39 AM, muskymatt said:

The laffs are done!

6-2 thumping.

No defence.....no goaltending......only 2 guys that look like they might be able to play a bit.

What bugs the crap out of me is the on air guys all happy and blissful about the Laffs this year. Talk about pathetic, one sided deaming.

The laffs showed last night exactly what to expect from them this season!

That goal by Hoffman was crazy sick!!

yeah the hofman goal was genius

2 hours ago, manitoubass2 said:

105pts and Matt thinks the leafs are a bust. Matt you are something special alright.

Let's get the playoffs started already!!!

Gonna be some great hockey!

Ummm....that posy was from September.  Chris dug up an oldie.

That said,  the laffs will be one and done. 

Sens are done,  a season to forget. Get ready for playoff disappointment laffites.

41 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

Oh we know! Chris just wanted to point out just how long you've been wrong. Lol

As for the playoffs...the Leafs will be in tough because of the wacky pairings this year. Looks like they'll have to beat both the favourites in the division....ouch. Too bad we didn't get that trip down easy street like the Suckators fell into last year!! Everyone said it was a gimme....this seasons record proved it. Brutal, but right where they belong.

Cant wait for the playoffs to get started!!! Tonight we'll find out who the Leafs play...I still think it'll be Tampa. Boston should beat the Panthers but ya never know.

46 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

That said,  the laffs will be one and done. 

Sens are done,  a season to forget. Get ready for playoff disappointment laffites.

We leaf fans will excuse you now Matt. See you next season.  I will take on the roll of a fan of a real team, or is that teams. GO BOSTON/LEAFS GO.:stretcher:

17 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Oh we know! Chris just wanted to point out just how long you've been wrong. Lol

As for the playoffs...the Leafs will be in tough because of the wacky pairings this year. Looks like they'll have to beat both the favourites in the division....ouch. Too bad we didn't get that trip down easy street like the Suckators fell into last year!! Everyone said it was a gimme....this seasons record proved it. Brutal, but right where they belong.

Cant wait for the playoffs to get started!!! Tonight we'll find out who the Leafs play...I still think it'll be Tampa. Boston should beat the Panthers but ya never know.

Making excuses already eh..

Who did the Sens beat last year? 

The big bad Bruins lolol

Something laffs fans can't say!

Hahaha

Enjoy it while you can. Like a bunch of starving cockroaches gathered around the first crumb of bread they have seen in 50 years.

Oh I can't wait!!!!!!!

LOL

Edited by muskymatt

22 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

The big bad Bruins lolol

Hahaha

Enjoy it while you can. Like a bunch of starving cockroaches gathered around the first crumb of bread they have seen in 50 years.

Oh I can't wait!!!!!!!

LOL

The past is the past. We are now living today. Oh that must of hurt.:o

26 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

The big bad Bruins lolol

Hahaha

Oh I can't wait!!!!!!!

LOL

I guess the Bruins are the same team this year as last...just like Ottawa??!! LOL  

The Sens suck face it...and no amount of crying and whining about the Leafs is gonna change it. I can only imagine how it must bug you to see them kicking butt! Franchise record season...three players with 60 point seasons...ahhhh HOW SWEET IT IS!!!!! Even last year...Ottawa was only 3 POINTS ahead of Toronto...IN A REBUILD YEAR!!! lol and Ottawa was still a -2!!!!!!!!!! I guess that sounds great in comparison to this years -70!!!!!!!!  How's it feel cheering for a team that hasn't won a cup in 91 YEARS!!!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: Thanks....50 doesn't sound so bad now!!!

2 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

I guess the Bruins are the same team this year as last...just like Ottawa??!! LOL  

The Sens suck face it...and no amount of crying and whining about the Leafs is gonna change it. I can only imagine how it must bug you to see them kicking butt! Franchise record season...three players with 60 point seasons...ahhhh HOW SWEET IT IS!!!!! Even last year...Ottawa was only 3 POINTS ahead of Toronto...IN A REBUILD YEAR!!! lol and Ottawa was still a -2!!!!!!!!!! I guess that sounds great in comparison to this years -70!!!!!!!!  How's it feel cheering for a team that hasn't won a cup in 91 YEARS!!!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: Thanks....50 doesn't sound so bad now!!!

My god!!!!!!!!  

That's exactly the failure to grasp reality that laff fans are famous for. Who knows why the Sens folded back in what was it?  1917? 

Certainly wasn't anything anyone did today and from what I can tell it was due to WW1.

So you laffites say on one hand that the cups they won back then (11) don't count but all the years they weren't even in the league count against time not winning a cup.

Now that's comical. 

So according to your theory,  the laffs won the cup last year because the 50 years of sucking mustn't count!

Too funny!

One season.....thats all you have......one season of finishing in the top ten,  in a divison that was just about as easy as it gets to play in.

And you still have won NOTHING yet.

No presidents cup, no division title, no conference title.

Just a spot at getting eliminated in the first round.

And.......and.......you will not be able to keep all the players who got the team here.

Another flash in the pan season for the laughing stock of the NHL. Watch,  fizzle and weep laffites. 

Hahaha

5 hours ago, manitoubass2 said:

105pts and Matt thinks the leafs are a bust. Matt you are something special alright.

Let's get the playoffs started already!!!

Gonna be some great hockey!

Didn't you predict in a post the Leafs would finish with 105? that's why I was looking back to September, couldn't find it, maybe I'm mistaken?

Edited by chris.brock