2019-2020 Hockey Thread

4 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

hahaha dammmmmm

I just love a team that is in cap hell, with 0 prospects being the classic "pesky sens" of old where they win the last ten games of the season and ruin and chance of getting a good draft pick.

Dont worry douchene will go right back to being a bum come October, he better get his rounds of golf in with erik quick, because he will be gone come july.

Hahahaha,,,,omg that's hilarious bahahahaha.......stop it , you're killing me........hahahah.............ugh!!

You guys crack me up, a potty joke and an incorrect reference to the Sens spending. Sure am glad you boys have it figured out lol....must be from all the years of watching the laffs success.

:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, BillM said:

I wonder how many more billboards will be going up in Ottawa?  lol

That is the most counterproductive thinges I think I have ever seen in my life. That guy who started this will be a marked man if Melnyk decidesign he's had enough abuse and moves the team. This is embarrassing for Ottawa and the real fans who SUPPORT the team. If you go to this guy's Facebook page you can see the guy is not popular.  I wonder if, while he is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame, if he has thought about the consequences of his actions. I know I'd like to meet this piece of work in a bar. 

1 hour ago, muskymatt said:

That is the most counterproductive thinges I think I have ever seen in my life. That guy who started this will be a marked man if Melnyk decidesign he's had enough abuse and moves the team. This is embarrassing for Ottawa and the real fans who SUPPORT the team. If you go to this guy's Facebook page you can see the guy is not popular.  I wonder if, while he is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame, if he has thought about the consequences of his actions. I know I'd like to meet this piece of work in a bar. 

Well he made over $10,000 with a go fund me account to put up the billboards so I guess there are a few people who like what he is doing. If Eugene decides to move the team it won't be because of the billboards... it will because there are not enough "real fans" in the city of Ottawa to support a hockey team... which in my opinion is an absolute disgrace. I am sure you wouldn't meet the guy at the bar though... its probably because the drinks are to expensive, the parking lot is to crowded, there is to much traffic to get there, or you hate the owner of the bar. These are the excuses Sens fans use right? 

Go Leafs!

18 minutes ago, BassMan11 said:

Well he made over $10,000 with a go fund me account to put up the billboards so I guess there are a few people who like what he is doing. If Eugene decides to move the team it won't be because of the billboards... it will because there are not enough "real fans" in the city of Ottawa to support a hockey team... which in my opinion is an absolute disgrace. I am sure you wouldn't meet the guy at the bar though... its probably because the drinks are to expensive, the parking lot is to crowded, there is to much traffic to get there, or you hate the owner of the bar. These are the excuses Sens fans use right? 

Go Leafs!

I suspect the funding came mostly from laffites, the same to be said about the support on his FB page lol.

It has been a puzzle to me why the whiners of the Sens fan base moan and groan about the drive to the rink. From down town the drive can be done is 20 min. From west end Ottawa ,where I live, it can be done in 10 min +-. The high price of drinks and parking is offset with Ottawa having closest to the lowest, if not lowest ticket prices in the league. As I have said before, and is above the comprehension of laffites, the problem is the restrictions on government businesses from buying corporate tickets.

I go to games, watch the rest on TV (which almost every on is televised with no blackout, unlike the laffs) and all my buddies are the same. The support for the team is there, if knuckle head morons like thus guy fronting the rally spent more time going to games instead of acting like a superhero in his 15 minutes of fame, then there would be no problem. He needs to be taken out into the field behind the arena and pummeled!

For Sh!ts sake.......we went to game 7 double overtime against the cup winners Penguins last year.......

I don't get it, maybe Ottawa doesn't deserve a team...............I shake my head!

You finally came to your senses, in the last sentence.

All jokes aside I'd rather see the sens stay in Ottawa. I hate when teams relocate.

Leafs fans are awesome and will support the team no matter what. But if anyone wants to see an insane hockey town, go watch Winnipeg. The Jets fans are unreal. Nothing but good times watching the Jets, just avoid the northend of Winnipeg at all costs

2 minutes ago, manitoubass2 said:

You finally came to your senses, in the last sentence.

All jokes aside I'd rather see the sens stay in Ottawa. I hate when teams relocate.

Leafs fans are awesome and will support the team no matter what. But if anyone wants to see an insane hockey town, go watch Winnipeg. The Jets fans are unreal. Nothing but good times watching the Jets, just avoid the northend of Winnipeg at all costs

Yeah, besides I think games in Ottawa are the only place Toronto fans can afford and get tickets to as close as they can call a home game lol

:rolleyes:<_<

Edited by muskymatt

8 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

Yeah, besides I think games in Ottawa are the only place Toronto fans can afford and get tickets to as close as they can call a home game lol

:rolleyes:<_<

I went to the Leafs/Sabres game this past Thursday for my brother's bachelor party and it was 3/4 or more leafs fans, it was hilarious talking to Buffalo fans and they all accepted it, but they also appreciated it because of the economic boom each one of those games brings to the area.

We booked an air bnb plus whatever money we spent on drinks, tickets etc between 7 guys it was probably 1500-2000 by the time we were back into Canada all said and done.

16 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Doesn't matter how much we hate the Sens I know I feel awful for Elik and Melinda Karlsson about the loss of their son.

Just when you thought the Sens season couldn't get any worse.

RIP lil buddy. :(

https://www.tsn.ca/karlsson-wife-melinda-mourning-family-loss-1.1032674

Well said. 

So sad!

man...its brutal when you check his instagram too, dude was beyond pumped to have a son. Every post was about him and his baby...dude should literally hang em up and regroup for next year. Althought maybe playing hockey etc might help him get back to a normal routine, either way..absolutely terrible after dealing with all of the uncertainty at the trade deadline and its implications on his family, now this.

We had this happen to us, at 22 weeks along, a year ago the 15th of Feb. A routine ultrasound turned into our worst nightmare  and she was admitted the very next day for 2 days of forced labour with multiple enductions. Never dealt with anything so difficult in life as this. Definitely life changing, alters your entire outlook. This time of year seems especially hard, with spring here, the upcoming fishing season, you think about all of the outdoorsy things you would have showed to your little buddy...

Those who have children, remember how blessed you are when you give them a squeeze before bed time, remind them how much they're loved.

Edited by dintymoore
Punctuation

As bad as a miscarriage is it can potentially be a blessing.

We had a horribly deformed child come to term and we didn't know until it was born. That was tougher then any death I have experienced and there have been tragic deaths in our families. The child lived for about a week always on death's doorstep with seizures. 

I agree with DM, if you have healthy children count your blessings.

tough loss for the leafs, hopefully they learned a lesson or two tonite. going to be interesting who the Leafs dress for the playoffs some of the newer guys are giving a good effort . I'd like to see Hainsey tighten up his game he seems to be making a couple bad plays a game that are costing them.