2019-2020 Hockey Thread

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Pigeontroller said:

So Matt's been beaten into a pulp, lying in the corner bleeding and this thread dies?

How about the way Marner has been playing? Or JVR?

No, still here licking my wounds!! Lose all year long and then look good the last 10 games, what's with that?  Morons can't even tank properly!

Won 3 of last 4 and Dechene/Hoffman/Dzingle on fire.  

Just tank and get the pick already.

Toronto has missed their chance, if they don't win this year JVR and others will be lost to cap space and you won't be able to afford the pieces you need to win......defence and goalies.

Once again, Toronto management missed the bus!

I smell a rebuild...lol

3 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Rebuild to cup run in 2 years?? lol Is that Ottawa's plan? 

I like JVR but I must admit, it kinda bugs me when players "catch fire" right before it's contract time. Just a coincidence lol

Ottawa has no plan lol...other than to suck for the time being. 

Sure they do...step 1 - lose all season and destroy the already weak fan base, step 2 - miss the playoffs and valuable revenue required for player retention, step 3 - make a sudden comeback and blow any chance at the #1 pick, step 4 - blame the city and the fans, sell the team.

13 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Sure they do...step 1 - lose all season and destroy the already weak fan base, step 2 - miss the playoffs and valuable revenue required for player retention, step 3 - make a sudden comeback and blow any chance at the #1 pick, step 4 - blame the city and the fans, sell the team.

There seems to be a common theme amongst laffites that they hope Ottawa moves. 

Could this be due to the resentment of having a loser of a team for 50 years, the laughing stock of management for many years and making some of the most brutal trads in pro sports?  

Hmmmmm. .....I wonder! 

Edited by muskymatt

2 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

I don't hope they move...I hope they stay right there and suck for another 100 years. WAAAAAY more fun. :rofl2:

I can relate, it's been a riot watching the laffs fumble and suck their way into the bowels of the league for many many decades :lol:

3 hours ago, muskymatt said:

No, still here licking my wounds!! Lose all year long and then look good the last 10 games, what's with that?  Morons can't even tank properly!

Won 3 of last 4 and Dechene/Hoffman/Dzingle on fire.  

Just tank and get the pick already.

Toronto has missed their chance, if they don't win this year JVR and others will be lost to cap space and you won't be able to afford the pieces you need to win......defence and goalies.

Once again, Toronto management missed the bus!

I smell a rebuild...lol

Don't worry.  I am sure they'll tank properly next year and get that first pick... oh wait   -_-

19 minutes ago, manitoubass2 said:

Hey Matt, if ya wanna just make things a tad easier on yourself, just ask the cashier what isle the Vaseline is in

hahaha dammmmmm

I just love a team that is in cap hell, with 0 prospects being the classic "pesky sens" of old where they win the last ten games of the season and ruin and chance of getting a good draft pick.

Dont worry douchene will go right back to being a bum come October, he better get his rounds of golf in with erik quick, because he will be gone come july.