2019-2020 Hockey Thread

The leafs would be silly to move jvr imo. Even if we end up going deep and lose him to free agency. that gives you a measuring stick on the young guys. Ideally we would re-sign him for cheap again, but I'm curious as to his ask. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 7mill plus on a 5+ year term.

I like the plekanec pickup, although I'd prefer if they gave up a third instead.

Unless they could get a haul like NYR did for Nash I'd be opposed to it, he's great as an own rental. Huge value for the production he puts up

the plekky deal was a steal for the leafs...montreal is keeping half of his salary too. Notice he is playing on an absolutely abysmal habs team, yet he still has a positive +/-

Say hello to your new 4th, and next year 3rd line centre...I think we should force him to play without the dicky though. Him and kapenen are gonna friggin light it up in the playoffs, watch.

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

the plekky deal was a steal for the leafs...montreal is keeping half of his salary too. Notice he is playing on an absolutely abysmal habs team, yet he still has a positive +/-

Say hello to your new 4th, and next year 3rd line centre...I think we should force him to play without the dicky though. Him and kapenen are gonna friggin light it up in the playoffs, watch.

Prob just a rental...

Upgrade on Moore..... nothing wrong with having depth down the middle. Probably a rental though.

I love that TSN all over the Sens and how much of a tire fire it is there. In all the times over the years where the Leafs have been bad, and the jersey throwing and paper bags and all that......it never got as bad as it is in Ottawa right now. The team sucks, the coach sucks, the GM is a puppet, the owner is a complete goof, the fans don't show up (only 13000 fans at least one game this year), they might trade the best player in the history of the franchise in his prime, and then the fans that do show up are being told what signs they can hold up. 

Just an absolute toxic environment right now..... and I love it.

GLG

2 minutes ago, jimmer said:

I sure hope that he doesn't bring bad karma over from the Canadiens; the dynamics of the team is important moving into the playoffs as everyone knows.

Plekky is gonna be so thankful to get out of that dumpster fire hes gonna play awesome for the leafs. Guy was expected to be a top of the line player in Montreal, and in Toronto hes our 4th centre Watch what him and kappanen get up to on the fourth line..

Edited by AKRISONER

22 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

The only thing that concerns me is both the Lightning and Bruins got quite a bit stronger today.

Will make it that much harder to get by them in the playoffs.

100% they improved huge. I'm not putting too much stock into this year.... 2 years from now is crunch time imo