2019-2020 Hockey Thread

14 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

Took the family to Ottawa for Family day weekend. My first visit to Ottawa, we wanted to see the museums. My son was wearing his Maple Leaf coat as we walked the market. Some dude comes up to him and starts giving him a hard time about wearing a Leaf coat. My son is 15, dude didn't see me standing behind him.  (I'm 6,3)

Dude had obviously been over served so that in my mind is what brought out his pseudo aggression. He was chirping at my son until I walked into the discussion and asked him if he could help to get those 1500 seats over to Toronto as we could use the extra seats the Sens weren't using.

He bowed his head and left in shame.

My work was done!

HH

He is obviously not the typical Ottawa Senators fan. Most are easy-going, understanding, and light-hearted about their team...like Matt!!! :rofl2::rofl2:

7 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I do not like shoot outs. Like kicking field goals to settle a Football game. The Canadian girls looked like they were skating in slush the last and OT period. They finally got their penalty and did not take advantage.

I would have rather the US won it in OT.  Outplayed the Canadians for that entire 20 mins.   Well deserved win, but man the shoot out is a crappy way to end a game.

31 minutes ago, BillM said:

I would have rather the US won it in OT.  Outplayed the Canadians for that entire 20 mins.   Well deserved win, but man the shoot out is a crappy way to end a game.

dont know if anyone watched the MLS final 2 years ago (i know different sport, and TFC redeemed themselves this year) but in that game seattle literally did not register a single shot on goal through full time, plus overtime...only to win it in the shootout. Soccer shootouts are even worse than hockey...at least in hockey some skill comes into play.

Remember the toews vs team USA at the world juniors?

Exciting, come from behind win tonight.

I'm not really liking how opponents are taking liberties with our guys. Martin and Polak are out, we have zero toughness. Clutterbuck needs a good beating.

This play was very dirty and dangerous, and then Maata pats him on the back, makes my blood boil.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/leafs-hyman-taken-boards-hard-maatta/

Betmen wins. No NHL players or influence at the Olympics. He and the owners and their lawyers win. Me, I'm not watching NHL on TV any more. 

With no NHL players at the Olympics IMHO all Canadians and Americans should not watch TV NHL hockey during the Olympics. If we aren't allowed to watch them there then we should't watch them over here. Maybe NHL will then reconsider their 'financial' position on the matter.  

Rick Nash to B's. 

In exchange for Nash, the Rangers receive a first-round pick in this year's draft, defensive prospect Ryan Lindgren, forwards Ryan Spooner and Matt Beleskey, and a seventh-round pick in 2019.

if the Rags can get a return like this for Nash, imagine what the Leafs might get for JVR..... SELL HIGH!