2019-2020 Hockey Thread

2 hours ago, muskymatt said:

I'm good with that lol

Laffs will be out in the first round. Sens weill get a great draft pick and we are done with Phanuf. Things are looking better already lol

Not exactly done.  He's still your third highest paid defenseman  :D

I wonder if he regrets not waiving his no trade clause last summer; he could be playing for Vegas right now.  Oh well, I guess L.A. is better than Ottawa. 

3 hours ago, muskymatt said:

I'm good with that lol

Laffs will be out in the first round. Sens weill get a great draft pick and we are done with Phanuf. Things are looking better already lol

If anyone is bored, have a look to a few years on the hockey thread when us leaf fans said this exact sentence to Matt when we got rid of Phaneuf. 

Strange how things have totally 180'ed. 

1 hour ago, John Bacon said:

I wonder if he regrets not waiving his no trade clause last summer; he could be playing for Vegas right now.  Oh well, I guess L.A. is better than Ottawa. 

And if he was playing for Vegas, do you still think they'd be where they are with Methot out and Phaneuf in? lol He's sucks the life out of any team he plays for.

2 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

And if he was playing for Vegas, do you still think they'd be where they are with Methot out and Phaneuf in? lol He's sucks the life out of any team he plays for.

Possibly, but judging from the stats, Methot hasn't made much a contribution to Vegas's success this year.  It doesn't look like it would take much to be an improvement over Methot this year.

I guess we will see how L.A. does with him.  They are currently one spot out of the playoffs.

https://www.nhl.com/player/marc-methot-8470760

1 hour ago, John Bacon said:

Possibly, but judging from the stats, Methot hasn't made much a contribution to Vegas's success this year.  It doesn't look like it would take much to be an improvement over Methot this year.

I guess we will see how L.A. does with him.  They are currently one spot out of the playoffs.

https://www.nhl.com/player/marc-methot-8470760

Actually he's made a big contribution to the Knights.

He was traded to the Stars before the Knights ever played a game for a goalie prospect and 2nd round pick in 2020.  ;)

3 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Actually he's made a big contribution to the Knights.

He was traded to the Stars before the Knights ever played a game for a goalie prospect and 2nd round pick in 2020.  ;)

Oops, I guess I should have realized that DAL in his stats didn't stand for Vegas.  

Scary few minutes there thinking Gardiner had been traded.... He's been solid the last few months, wasn't sure if they'd upped his trade value and shipped him out or what..

One thing is for sure, based on the amount of online flipping out over where he was after taking the first shift of the second then going back into the dressing room, he's better than what he gets credit for and a lot of people would've missed him haha

I think one player that was missed when he was out was Zaitsev, for a guy that is not so big he sure is physical in front of the net and works really hard. another player I like is Polak, very physical in front of the net just what the Leafs need.

On 14/02/2018 at 2:11 PM, John Bacon said:

Not exactly done.  He's still your third highest paid defenseman  :D

Good job JB on upping your banter, you have learned well!!! LOL

:lol:

Phanuf screwed Ottawa by not waiving it last year and Methot being the casualty. Now he is gone and Ottawa basically got nothing again except for saving 4.5 mil over 4 years. 

Dorion, which ironically has the same letters to spell Dion, is messing this team up and needs to go!

Vegas is a one off, they better enjoy it while they can. 

22 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Ok Matt, you gotta laugh, Phaneuf plays his first game with LA, scores a goal and they LOSE!! Ottawa plays tonight, Gaborik gets a goal and an assist and they WIN!! 

Moral of the story is...Phaneuf is bad luck lmao

Phaneuf even screened Quick on the Pens first goal of the game!!!  ^_^

14 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

Ok Matt, you gotta laugh, Phaneuf plays his first game with LA, scores a goal and they LOSE!! Ottawa plays tonight, Gaborik gets a goal and an assist and they WIN!! 

Moral of the story is...Phaneuf is bad luck lmao

Yup, that was about what anyone could expect lol

Kinda hilarious the reaction to this trade vs the soshnikov one. Everyone on Twitter was like "oh great a 7th rounder for Fehr! You never know what a 7th rounder can bring!!!"

Meanwhile after they traded sosh, "are you ****ing kidding me a 4th rounder for soshnikov OMG!!"

Fehr scored 3 goals en route to a cup with the penguins, is a veteran player who can be an everyday NHL player.d Soshnikov on the other hand, had upside but was hurt and scored a grand total of 14 points in 70 games... I'd say they did great getting a 4th rounder for him lol

29 minutes ago, leaf4 said:

Kinda hilarious the reaction to this trade vs the soshnikov one. Everyone on Twitter was like "oh great a 7th rounder for Fehr! You never know what a 7th rounder can bring!!!"

Meanwhile after they traded sosh, "are you ****ing kidding me a 4th rounder for soshnikov OMG!!"

Fehr scored 3 goals en route to a cup with the penguins, is a veteran player who can be an everyday NHL player.d Soshnikov on the other hand, had upside but was hurt and scored a grand total of 14 points in 70 games... I'd say they did great getting a 4th rounder for him lol

I would take any and all of these 7th rounders from the last 10 years. :)

https://thehockeywriters.com/10-best-7th-round-picks-of-the-last-15-years/

27 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

I would take any and all of these 7th rounders from the last 10 years. :)

https://thehockeywriters.com/10-best-7th-round-picks-of-the-last-15-years/

Oh for sure, just funny when it's Sosh for a 4th rounder the 4th rounder is chopped liver, when it's a 7th rounder for Fehr it's all roses and daisies 

Took the family to Ottawa for Family day weekend. My first visit to Ottawa, we wanted to see the museums. My son was wearing his Maple Leaf coat as we walked the market. Some dude comes up to him and starts giving him a hard time about wearing a Leaf coat. My son is 15, dude didn't see me standing behind him.  (I'm 6,3)

Dude had obviously been over served so that in my mind is what brought out his pseudo aggression. He was chirping at my son until I walked into the discussion and asked him if he could help to get those 1500 seats over to Toronto as we could use the extra seats the Sens weren't using.

He bowed his head and left in shame.

My work was done!

HH