2019-2020 Hockey Thread

I just know I sleep better if I DON'T watch the third period of any leaf game.  I think Babcock is arrogant.  He and only He knows what's best.  I couldn't believe he left the Kadri Marleaus combination on the ice for 4 defensive draws (previous game).  They eventually scored the tieing goal of course!  Even a peewee coach knows enough to change his line after 2 lost draws. 

Too much ego for me!  And his players have not bought into his defensive system or excection.  Not many happy faces on that bench most nights and a lot of blank nods when he's correcting them on the bench. The Go To H*LL nod!

If he puts Komarov out one more time on a 3 on 3 I'm done watching!!

NOW I feel better! :)

Scuro...

Bingo you nailed it bud

You dont wanna turn into the washington capitals

Ill tell you right now...if you played for Scotty Bowman and decided that you had your own ideas...you didnt play for scotty bowman anymore...

Yes Babcock is arrogant as hell, hes the general, you either obey orders or you can go fight for another army...I wouldnt be surprised to see willy shipped off...he seems like one of the guys that doesnt care much for being told what to do.

Edited by AKRISONER

3 hours ago, scuro2 said:

Nylander was at fault he went for the guy carrying the puck.

These are young guys in a super fast game. Look at comparable young teams...Edmonton, Arizona, Carolina...none of them are burning up the league. That ability to know which impulses and instincts to trust and which to shun is a learned thing...it's called maturity.

As Babcock has said these are good games they are playing....tight low scoring games leading into the third. The type of game they had trouble winning earlier Insert other media and the type of game they will have to win to advance in the playoffs. I'm not pushing the panic button.

Yeah I know...straight from the experts on TSN. But looking past Nylander's bad decision back in the neutral zone, he was right behind the puck carrier when Fake Gardiner slid over to double team him. What happened to stay in the middle and take away the pass?? Plus Anderson had position...no need to leave the wing completely open. Whatever...I'm at the point that if the girl singing the anthem slips I blame Gardiner lol

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

Marleau delivers the speech to rally the troops and the sens fold like a cheap deck of cards

plus the scabs get absolutely crushed at home

was a good Saturday to be a leaf fan

Would have rather had the Scabs win so we could pick up a couple of points on the Booins. <_<

tough loss for the leafs last night. I am sure the scouting report on Bernier was that he goes down in the butterfly and covers the bottom of the net pretty good and to SHOOT HIGH. I guess a few of the player's didn't pay attention.

Toronto clearly outplayed them and still lost. Can't complain too much though...how many times this year has Toronto been outplayed and won?? Thank you Freddie.

Ok, regardless of the outcome....was Matthew's(second) goal not awesome????? Coming out on his next shift after the disallowed goal, scoring, and POINTING AT THE NET!!! That was a Jose Bautista bat flip moment!! 

22 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Toronto clearly outplayed them and still lost. Can't complain too much though...how many times this year has Toronto been outplayed and won?? Thank you Freddie.

Ok, regardless of the outcome....was Matthew's(second) goal not awesome????? Coming out on his next shift after the disallowed goal, scoring, and POINTING AT THE NET!!! That was a Jose Bautista bat flip moment!! 

Yep that was sick!!!

1 hour ago, grimsbylander said:

Yup, it was most awesome!!!

IT was a giant FU to the ref from the kid.

I loved it!!!!  :D

OH, and his eye roll when the first goal was disallowed................................................EPIC!!!  :lol:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

They need to take these calls out of the refs hands and go to the war room in Toronto.   You can't have decisions like this made by different refs each game.  At least with the war room you'll have some sort of consistency.  

Edited by BillM

35 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

What's with the Marchand suspension???? How does this jerk not get 15 games with his track record??? Brutal. The guy doesn't care who he hurts and gets another slap on the wrist.

They can only give 5 games over the phone. They would need to have an in person for more.

I agree though, the guys a #@$#.