2019-2020 Hockey Thread

13 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

I see Matt and his homies are tossing their jerseys on the ice now.   :ph34r:

I was at the game and it wasn't pretty. Actually it brought back memories of when I was a laffs fan!!

The GM has broken the team, starting with bringing in Phanuf, then letting Methot go, and then Turris. Oduya is a pylon, Harpur is slow, Karllson is damaged goods and the forwards can't score if their lives depended on it.

Fire the GM, Fire the coach.......rebuild!

:angry:

35 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

I was at the game and it wasn't pretty. Actually it brought back memories of when I was a laffs fan!!

The GM has broken the team, starting with bringing in Phanuf, then letting Methot go, and then Turris. Oduya is a pylon, Harpur is slow, Karllson is damaged goods and the forwards can't score if their lives depended on it.

• Wasn't it you that claimed that Ottawa fans, unlike Leaf fans, support the players on their team?  And wasn't that claim made in reference to Phaneuf?
  • Wasn't it you that claimed Duchene was a significant upgrade over Turris?  Wasn't he supposed to be the guy that would let you make a run for the cup?
  • Wasn't it you that claimed that Karlsson was arguably the best player on the planet?
  • Wasn't it you that claimed that the Ottawa forwards were great two way players whose defence more than made up for the lack of goals that they score?

Just asking...    ^_^

Edited by John Bacon

16 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

And now you sound like an old Leafs fan!!! Lol!!!!

Ottawa is going to the bottom of the barrel for a long, long time. You can't say we didn't try to warn you Matt. We told you Phaneuf was brutal, we told you Ottawa had mostly third line forwards, and we told you last years playoff run was just a hot goalie at the right time...but nooooooo lol

Come back to the light Matt! Do it before your team packs its bags and moves to Seattle or Quebec...you gonna cheer for a losing US team or a losing team that only wants a French coach?? Hahaha

I can see it now....Karlsson gets traded for picks and Phaneuf takes over as captain!! Go away Sens Go!!

8 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Come back to the light Matt!

No!  This thread would be boring if we didn't have all of Matt's rants to ridicule.  What would we post about if he was on our side?  Half of the posts on this thread are the banter between Matt and the fans of worthy teams.

Edited by John Bacon

Just now, John Bacon said:

No!  This thread would be boring if we didn't have all of Matt's rants to ridicule.  What would we post about if he was on our side?  

I figure he'd just redirect his rage towards the Montreal and Boston fans on here. Their teams suck, should be easy pickings! Hahahahahha

1 hour ago, John Bacon said:
  • Wasn't it you that claimed that Ottawa fans, unlike Leaf fans, support the players on their team?  And wasn't that claim made in reference to Phaneuf?
  • Wasn't it you that claimed Duchene was a significant upgrade over Turris?  Wasn't he supposed to be the guy that would let you make a run for the cup?
  • Wasn't it you that claimed that Karlsson was arguably the best player on the planet?
  • Wasn't it you that claimed that the Ottawa forwards were great two way players whose defence more than made up for the lack of goals that they score?

Just asking...    ^_^

I do support my team, thus me being at the game last night lol

Duchene has not lived up to his billing or expectations for sure. What the heck is with that? Plays like a fourth liner for us!

Karlsson is still top 3 or 4. The whole team has no confidence, last nights game was proof of that!

Again,,,,,,no confidence on the team. 

How a team goes from second overtime loss in the conference finals that would have had them in the cup series to this is beyond me!

IMO the character of the team was altered with Methot and Turris traded. You can tweak a team here and there but when you upset the chemistry , you are going in the wrong direction.

Dorion has screwed things up big time.

1 hour ago, grimsbylander said:

And now you sound like an old Leafs fan!!! Lol!!!!

Ottawa is going to the bottom of the barrel for a long, long time. You can't say we didn't try to warn you Matt. We told you Phaneuf was brutal, we told you Ottawa had mostly third line forwards, and we told you last years playoff run was just a hot goalie at the right time...but nooooooo lol

Come back to the light Matt! Do it before your team packs its bags and moves to Seattle or Quebec...you gonna cheer for a losing US team or a losing team that only wants a French coach?? Hahaha

I can see it now....Karlsson gets traded for picks and Phaneuf takes over as captain!! Go away Sens Go!!

Laffs set the bar for bottom of the barrel and that record will never be broken so I'm not worried lol

:sarcasm:

3 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

I figure he'd just redirect his rage towards the Montreal and Boston fans on here. Their teams suck, should be easy pickings! Hahahahahha

But if he is dissing Montreal and Boston then we might have to agree with him.   Where's the fun in that?   :D

2 hours ago, muskymatt said:

I do support my team, thus me being at the game last night lol

Duchene has not lived up to his billing or expectations for sure. What the heck is with that? Plays like a fourth liner for us!

Karlsson is still top 3 or 4. The whole team has no confidence, last nights game was proof of that!

Again,,,,,,no confidence on the team. 

How a team goes from second overtime loss in the conference finals that would have had them in the cup series to this is beyond me!

IMO the character of the team was altered with Methot and Turris traded. You can tweak a team here and there but when you upset the chemistry , you are going in the wrong direction.

Dorion has screwed things up big time.

Re: "How a team goes from second overtime loss in the conference finals that would have had them in the cup series to this is beyond me!"

It Ottawa's case, it's because it was a complete fluke that they got that far in the first place.  Think about, two or three weeks before the end of the season it looked like they were going to miss the playoffs altogether.  Two or three days before the end of the season, it looked like they might face the Leafs in the first round.  We all know how Leafs/Senators play off series end.  They obviously were not the one of the top two teams in the conference last year.  This year's play is probably a better reflection of the team's skill level than last year's fluky playoff run.

Did they have a choice on Methot?   Is there someone else they could have left unprotected instead of Methot?

I do recall reading some articles from analysts early in the season.  They claimed that Ottawa shouldn't be doing as well they had at the that point.  Although, they did mention that Ottawa may surprise us and make the playoffs.  They also said that Montreal should be doing better than they were.  Maybe they were on to something.

Re: "I do support my team, thus me being at the game last night lol"  -  When did you buy the ticket?  Before or after they went to Sweden?  :P

Edited by John Bacon

2 hours ago, muskymatt said:

38Laffs set the bar for bottom of the barrel and that record will never be broken so I'm not worried lol

:sarcasm:

Yeah you're right. Maybe the Leafs should have disbanded the entire team for 38 years like the Senioritas did!!! Imagine that?? Nobody ever CARED that the team disappeared for 38 years! Ottawa has set the bar for a team that hasn't won since the 20's, can't sell tickets, can't create an ounce of fan loyalty and stay tuned...is going to leave Ottawa yet AGAIN!!!' :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: Ottawa sucks on so many levels it's staggering. Karlsson( the worlds best player lol) is playing like crap because he can't wait to get out of there! Even the owner wants out!!! That city doesn't deserve a team...send them packing. It's obvious the "fans" don't care and the way the players embarrass themselves on a nightly basis, they don't care either.

On 12/31/2017 at 1:34 PM, muskymatt said:

"his billing" you mean his stats that are the dead on equivalent of Tyler Bozak? Bozak is exactly that...a consistent solid third line guy. Dunno how you were thinking he was anything else.

4 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Jumbo Joe is a jumbo pussy cat for picking on the much smaller Kadri. Martin should have got in Joe's face later in the game, I'm pretty sure the big pussy would have ran away.

Thorton isn't much for dropping the gloves.  If he lined up against Martin originally, there's no way he would have gone.

In an interview Kadri said he wasn't given much of a choice because Jumbo pussy basically said "after the puck drops, it's go time"

Jumbo has a bit of a history of picking on the meek. Doughty has one career fight, here's the video,Jumbo pussy dummies him-

7 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

We've already had so many bandwaggon jumpers when we drafted Auston Matthews, then when we made the playoffs. If we win a few rounds or make a cup final I wonder what will happen? 

People will start calling the leafs 'Canada's team' XD XD

Alot of "we's" there, you on the Leafs payroll???