2019-2020 Hockey Thread

On 12/4/2017 at 1:30 PM, DRIFTER_016 said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't want to be a Sens fan these days.  :rolleyes:

They're waaayy down at the bottom with the Oilers!!!   :rofl2:

Capture.JPG

It's like they picked up Duchene and the wheels fell off. He's got 2 points in 11 games so that has to be a major disappointment and Mark Stone is basically carrying the team right now. Hoffman is putting up points but he's a -10...not a good stat when you're the second highest points-getter on your team. I don't know why the top brass in Ottawa just doesn't join OFC! It's free and we did tell them they sucked! Shoulda listened!!! lol

11 hours ago, LostAnotherOne said:

I was just checking out the nhls all time scoring leaders and was wondering if maybe Ovie can reach Gretzky.  I know its far fetched but if he can play equal or more games then say Ron Francis he may have a shot.  

not even close lol

hes played 13 seasons and doesnt have 600 yet. At most hes got another 13 seasons to score almost 300...and theres no way hes keeping pace once hes 40-43 especially in the NHL now where its so stupid fast.

Gretzky's records will go untouched forever...although seriously, i personally believe ovechkin is the greatest goal scorer of all time and its not even close. When you look at the records, its all names from a really long time ago, and then theres just alex ovechkin right in the middle of it...if he played in the 80's good god hed have 2000 goals.

I put the numbers together and ya your right he ain't beating it.  If he plays for another 10 years and averages over those years 20 a season he will be around 800.  Hitting another 100 after 40 ain't happening.   Even if he stays healty.  Too bad thou.  Still want him to lift up a cup.  I picture in my head crosby handing the cup over to ovie like sakic and bourque did a few years back lol. 

11 hours ago, chris.brock said:

How many times can Tkachuk accidentally crash the goalie before the refs realize it's not an accident.   :wallbash:

Someone will get him.

Another great game of goaltending and a lucky 2 points for the Leafs. Better than a loss, I say.

14 minutes ago, jimmer said:

Someone will get him.

Another great game of goaltending and a lucky 2 points for the Leafs. Better than a loss, I say.

I wish this was true, but in today's PG NHL...the league protects rats from being exterminated. If this was the 80's he woulda swallowed a few teeth and been outta the game after the first run.

Rielly gave him a good cross check, except he then got a penalty and its probably being reviewed for the old shanaban. Watch Rielly might get a game for that one as warranted as it was.

1 hour ago, jimmer said:

Someone will get him.

He has a hearing today regarding his spear from the bench last night.

Someone really does need to straighten the kid out.

His captain and coach should be giving him crap for the stupid stuff he does.

If he gets suspended again this will be the third time since last year.

There's a difference between playing on the edge and being a dirty player. 

Right now he's just a dirty player.

2 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

He has a hearing today regarding his spear from the bench last night.

Someone really does need to straighten the kid out.

His captain and coach should be giving him crap for the stupid stuff he does.

If he gets suspended again this will be the third time since last year.

There's a difference between playing on the edge and being a dirty player. 

Right now he's just a dirty player.

His father played with an edge also.  Tough to change those behaviours so suspensions are the way to go. That incident (spear) wasn't that bad last night, but you can't let him get away with it or next time he might hurt someone. He could have easily caught Martin in the gonads.

Tkachuk was suspended one game for the spear on Martin. If it weren't for the fact he was classified as a repeat offender, it probably would have been a fine. They just need to keep increasing the length of his suspensions until they knock the stupid out of him or knock him out of the league.

43 minutes ago, misfish said:

Thats 2 more then that other team got. 

RIGHT MATT

LOL Unlike Matt, I feel it's getting hard to kick that (near) dead horse. Ottawa has fallen over the proverbial cliff and I'm a little surprised by it. I know they're not a great team, far, far from it but they're found a way to lose games I didn't think they should. It never fails though, someone goes off about how great their team is and POW, they suck an egg. We go on and talk about how the Leafs should have lost last night and they win another lol.

Ottawa now has the same point total Toronto had in the middle of November. They've played less games but 3 weeks behind is brutal. What the ticket sales been like I wonder? It was bad in October after a playoff run...every night must be family and friends night now!

I see a Senators team in Seattle's future!!!

There's a lot of parity in the diluted NHL. There's a fine line between winning and losing. A team just needs a ticket to the playoffs and anything can happen, like Ottawa's run last season.

There's lots of ups and downs and over reactions.. HNIC showed a Montreal newspaper, big half page headline, the translation was - IT'S TIME FOR A REBUILD. Then Price came back and they won 5 in a row. It's comical, what a darn soap opera. The headline before the St Lou game was probably STANLEY CUP BOUND.

I think the Leafs are over achieving though, last night was a great example, terrible play but got 2 points.

10 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

I posted the same sentiment a couple weeks ago. Not everyone agrees. A hot goalie doesn't constitute a Stanley Cup team.

Yes, I know you did, I agree, and I read the comments after.

Down the road, I hope the Leafs can play tighter defensively and reduce the shots on Freddie because I can see the wheels falling off.